By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I'll take Zelda And Mario over Call of Duty, Reggie says.

Deeds said:

I dunno, the way he said, "I would love to have any of the big blockbuster, multi-platform titles."..... in the context of his overall statement it sounds very snide and sarcastic.

I don't think so. I doubt he's that emotionally invested in it. He's a salesman, not a fanboy. He's simply saying, "Yeah, our competitors have that, but we have this."

The only thing that sounds close to snide is his reference to the tedious pixel counting contests between different versions of the same game, and that's more to do with the console warzzz than third parties.

Around the Network

Evil Reggie stop your third party hate!

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Deeds said:
Seece said:

Sales would suggest WiiU and Nintendo need third parties badly.

The previous generation's winner and the fact that Nintendo is [now] swimming in money proves otherwise.

you realize WiiU is on track to be nintendo's worst selling home console ever, and 3ds is on track to be the lowest selling nintendo handheld ever, right? (not sure what Virtual Boy is considered)

Deeds said:
Seece said:

They didn't need third party then, that is not now is it?

Let me clarify, they never needed third party multiplats to succeed. They never have and they never will need them.

Yeah, you're still wrong. Not only do they need multiplats but they need to change a lot of how they do business. They can't spend the next 25 years waiting for another Wii to come along (which is unlikely to ever happen again.)

Mobile is eroding their handheld business, WiiU is their lowest selling console of all time, and up until the start of this generation they never made a loss, now they seem to be bleeding money most Q's.

badgenome said:
Deeds said:

I dunno, the way he said, "I would love to have any of the big blockbuster, multi-platform titles."..... in the context of his overall statement it sounds very snide and sarcastic.

I don't think so. I doubt he's that emotionally invested in it. He's a salesman, not a fanboy. He's simply saying, "Yeah, our competitors have that, but we have this."

Remember "PLAY THE GAME". Reggie does seem to get frustrated at times. Again, this doesn't sound like PR.

Around the Network

Reggie knows how to rub people the wrong way. Love it.

well reggie, apparently mario and zelda aren't enough according to sales but good work in trying to hide the sun with your finger.

Seece said:
Deeds said:
Seece said:

They didn't need third party then, that is not now is it?

Let me clarify, they never needed third party multiplats to succeed. They never have and they never will need them.

Yeah, you're still wrong. Not only do they need multiplats *snip*

There is a difference between the definition of "want" and "need". Go grab a dictionary. Its useful. ;)

Deeds said:

Remember "PLAY THE GAME". Reggie does seem to get frustrated at times. Again, this doesn't sound like PR.

He gets frustrated with Geoff Keighley because Geoff Keighley is a frustrating shill.

Deeds said:
Seece said:

Yeah, you're still wrong. Not only do they need multiplats *snip*

There is a difference between the definition of "want" and "need". Go grab a dictionary. Its useful. ;)

I know the difference, you can ignore all the signs all you want, fact of the matter is they need third party and they need to compete with MS and Sony if they're to get anywhere in the future.