By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xblade Chronicles X and Final Fantasy XV World Sizes

Which Game Will Have the Biggest World?

Xblade Chronicles 253 53.83%

Final Fantasy XV 144 30.64%

See Results 72 15.32%

Total:469
VXIII said:

There is no point.  No advantage and no winner.  Only a predction.   Sometimes we can talk about games and even compare them without chocking each other with our subjective oponions.   I like big worlds to explore and I look forward to both :)  Which world do you think will be bigger?

Around the Network

Xenoblade X for sure.

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

Lucas-Rio said:

FF15 will be small compared to Xenoblade, the first one. It will be very small compared to Xenoblade X.

People saying that FF15 will be bigger are deluded, since no FF games have been close to be as big as Xenoblade. FF are not big games. I expect FF15 to be around 30% the size of the first Xenoblade.

Not really so much deluded, but just an observation from what was recently shown.  I think the total scope of this game will be much larger than traditional FF games.   Then again, if it was only 30% Xenoblade's size, it would still be quite large lol. 

CosmicSex said:
Mystro-Sama said:
FF XV's world will most likely be bigger due to be being on more powerful hardware though X is 5 times better than the first game which is nice.

Wow, 5x bigger. I didn't realize it was that big.  Also, just looking at the trailer for FF15,  it seems to go on forever.   Then again, it started development when I just left high school so it should be bigger lol.  

Also, notice that both games provide means of faster travel.  Xblade with the mechs and FF15 with the car lol.

Yup, it's pretty huge. And I have a strong feeling X will be the better game.

I don't think any Final Fantasy has been as big as Xenoblade Chronicles.

Around the Network
CosmicSex said:
VXIII said:

There is no point.  No advantage and no winner.  Only a predction.   Sometimes we can talk about games and even compare them without chocking each other with our subjective oponions.   I like big worlds to explore and I look forward to both :)  Which world do you think will be bigger?

I think Xenoblade X world would be bigger.

Final Fantasy XV Is heavy on the tech side (Dynamic lighting and weather system, day / night cycle, real time physical calculations for the clouds, very high polygons count and very detailed animations). All of that is very, very demanding on the resources. But then again, what we already saw of the world is huge. There is no way to tell for certain.

I think the larger world will belong to the game whose designers prioritized the size of their world over other aspects. I don't think FFXV will have a larger world just because it's on more powerful hardware.

SE already said they expect the main story of XV to take 40 hours to complete. Xenoblade's main story takes 2.5 times that long.

Having more content doesn't automatically make a game better. There's nothing wrong with a 40-hour RPG (obviously more with sidequests). The Last Story only takes about 20 hours to complete, and lots of Wii owners loved it.

Monolith Soft are aiming for an enormous game world with a massive amount of content. However, it's entirely possible that Xenoblade X will also have a 40-hour main stroy, with loads of optional content. We don't know enough about either of these games yet to make a conclusive judgement, but my impression is that SE and Monolith Soft don't have the same design philosophies or goals with their projects, which will lead to Monolith Soft's game being "larger."

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
i prefer a smaller world and more detailed then a huge world that is ugly with garbage textures and almost no AA.

You don't have any thoughts on game design? The deciding factor in your preference is texture quality and anti-aliasing? The size of the game world opens up all kinds of interesting discussions about level design, it would be a shame to dismiss them all and simply choose the smaller world just because it can be more detailed. XV could be made even smaller and better-looking, you know.

XanderXT said:
I don't think any Final Fantasy has been as big as Xenoblade Chronicles.

I think that you are right.  I think that you may be able to fit several FF worlds inside of XCX.

We can hardly tell for now. They've only showed one huge explorable area in FFXV.

VXIII said:
CosmicSex said:

I think Xenoblade X world would be bigger.

Final Fantasy XV Is heavy on the tech side (Dynamic lighting and weather system, day / night cycle, real time physical calculations for the clouds, very high polygons count and very detailed animations). All of that is very, very demanding on the resources. But then again, what we already saw of the world is huge. There is no way to tell for certain.

Agreed