By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - First screens, price, and file size for Watch Dogs Wii U

spurgeonryan said:
Why would you want to stop us from buying it?^ If it does moderately well Ubisoft could change their minds about other games for us.

So they can later on complain about 3rd parties not making games for the WiiU.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

Bargain bin buy. That is all.

curl-6 said:
Skidmore said:

What are you expecting Curl?

If they keep the quality like that presented in the ScreenShots and make a steady 30fps, it would be interesting to me. 

It pains me to say it, but I expect a poor framerate, judging from Ubisoft's history of badly optimized Wii U ports. AC4 and Splinter Cell chugged along at around the 20fps mark when things got hectic, I wouldn't be surprised  if Watch Dogs does same.

I hope I'm wrong though.

To be fair here; all of Ubi's games are poorly optimized on most platforms... The AC games are terrible in this regard, same goes for Far Cry. And look at the ridiculous PC specs for AC: Unity (more or less recommending AMD's top GPU for decent performance).

Sadly, this will be one game to really push the Wii U's capabilities, and no one will buy it, because it didn't get good reviews 6 months ago when it came out elsewhere looking even better, and the gamepad adds very little. With nothing special in terms of unique features, full price, with no DLC, and the ratings being as they are, there's very little reason to get the game, and it will inevitably not do well.

zamieh said:
I don't understand why they couldn't implement more gamepad features? Sure it's more work, but the game concept is built around something that would fit the gamepad perfectly and it would have made it sell more units. I'm skipping this, maybe getting it if some eshop sale comes in a year or so.

Not to mention that is one of the reasons they postponed this to make it best it can be.... I agree with quite a few people they shouldn't have even tried at this point unless they added some value to it, which doesn't seem to be the case.

Around the Network

It'll hopefully drop its price fast again so I can grab it for 10 bucks.

Lyrics: He He He He Ha Ha Ha!                                                                  

I guess ryan is gonna buy it.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

KLAMarine said:
Too little too late. Seriously, don't even try Ubisoft. I'm sure Nintendo appreciates the support but I'd much rather a fire continue to be lit under Nintendo's feet.

I don't think you have to worry about that. I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo forgot about this too.

I will prob take the plunge when it becomes available on an E shop sale...shouldnt have to wait too long.

No way in hell am I buying that for $60.