By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - First screens, price, and file size for Watch Dogs Wii U

$60? Are you taking the piss, Ubisoft? I bought this game on PS4 3 months ago for £20 (about $30).

Hardware owned:

PC, PS4, 3DS, Wii, Xbox 360, PS3

Most anticipated games (near to mid future):

Zelda U/NX
The Last Guardian                            

Around the Network
Skidmore said:
curl-6 said:
Skidmore said:

What are you expecting Curl?

If they keep the quality like that presented in the ScreenShots and make a steady 30fps, it would be interesting to me. 

It pains me to say it, but I expect a poor framerate, judging from Ubisoft's history of badly optimized Wii U ports. AC4 and Splinter Cell chugged along at around the 20fps mark when things got hectic, I wouldn't be surprised  if Watch Dogs does same.

I hope I'm wrong though.

The game in the SS looks on par or better than AC4 and also Watchdogs on the X360, but Bullshots are everywhere these days. But one thing, the team in Romenia that developed WatchDogs U is the same that did AC4 for it?

I don't know. If true that'd be a bad sign in my book, AC4 on Wii U was a terrible port.

Looks to be sub-HD. All screens are 1024 x 750(and something). Makes sense since X1 version was 720p.

Another game sent out to die. GG Ubisoft.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Get them doom news presses churning!

"Ubisoft drops last Wii U support after abysmal W_D sales!"

"Ubisofts Yves Guillemot was quoted for saying he is disapointed in Wii U sales after months of extra hard work." and "Why you no support me Wii U owners?" and "We were expecting 4 millions sales from this with the exquisite work of our so very talented people. We put our heart and soul in this. People not paying $60 for this ultimate version proves Wii U players don't play mature games."

Around the Network
torok said:
Looks to be sub-HD. All screens are 1024 x 750(and something). Makes sense since X1 version was 720p.

Yeah, plus the PS3 version was 1152x648. For some reason Digital Foundry never covered the Xbox 360 version...

60 bucks hahaha,

I can get it for sub 20 on PC already. Will probably get it this xmas for 10 or so thanks to winter sales.

Also what happened to the "We cant release Rayman Legends on WiiU even tho its finished when we just announced the game to come to PS360 later this year. NOONE would buy it because they would think its an old game."

But when its about Nintendo its okay I guess...

Sell it for 29.99 everything else would be another example of "self-sabotage" but I guess thats what they want so they can say "see not worth supporting Nintendo systems".

But whatever the game will probably run at 25 fps anyway.

curl-6 said:
torok said:

Yeah, plus the PS3 version was 1152x648. For some reason Digital Foundry never covered the Xbox 360 version...

Well, so these Wii U screens are on a strange resolution indeed. Let's wait and see what the final game will pack.

spurgeonryan said:
JazzB1987 said:

60 bucks hahaha,

I can get it for sub 20 on PC already. Will probably get it this xmas for 10 or so thanks to winter sales.

Also what happened to the "We cant release Rayman Legends on WiiU even tho its finished when we just announced the game to come to PS360 later this year. NOONE would buy it because they would think its an old game."

But when its about Nintendo its okay I guess...

Sell it for 29.99 everything else would be another example of "self-sabotage" but I guess thats what they want so they can say "see not worth supporting Nintendo systems".

But whatever the game will probably run at 25 fps anyway.

Was this post needed here?  The pics look nice actually. What was the last Wii U game with 25 fps. Just so I can see what that looks like.

It was needed more than delaying the Wiiu verison was. (the more people I can convince to not buy it the better)

Sry I ment sub 25fps!

Same happend with Assassisn Creed3 and Splinter Cell Blacklist (which even drops to 18 or so)

(Btw Can I order this game directly from Ubistoft? I want to buy it and delay my payment for a year too. )

pass on this one i have a PS4 and the game version on PS4 is cheaper. it is really hard to convince people to launch the same game months after the other console version was released and the price is $60 where as the price on other consoles have dropped. it should have been at most $39.99.