By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Could 2015 be the Year of Xenoblade?

Tagged games:

Will Xenoblade Chronicles be the next massive Nintendo franchise?

No doubt in my mind!!! 135 55.10%

I'm a hater... 46 18.78%

see results 64 26.12%

Total:245
ktay95 said:
bigtakilla said:
ktay95 said:

Most important for what exactly?? If it was so important it would sell more, instead Ive listed 4 Nintendo franchises that are clearly more important to Nintendo fans otherwise they wouldnt be selling more.

Metroid isn't a game parents are going to be buying their children. 

Nor is Fire Emblem, your point being??

It's still the game Nintendo fans want. 

Around the Network
bigtakilla said:
ktay95 said:

Your own preferences=|=All Nintendo fans preferences.

bigtakilla said:

It's not like the (at least Mario Kart 8's) numbers sold will be so astronomically high that it would be out of the question to reach. And with the push of Shulk being in Smash, he will be exposed to MANY more people. Then two games (a handheld and a console) of the series are coming out at practically the same time. Why do you think they done that?

I think you may be surprised by how many people were actually curious about the character when he had his own SINGULAR reveal (which no other character comes to mind wasn't revealed along with someone else), Nintendo is pushing this. Trust me.

Few things, Shulk isn't in Xenoblade Chronicles X, all that recognition isn't gonna do anything and even if he was in Xenoblade X its not gonna help push sales that much, remember when Ike was in Melee?  That sure helped push copies of FE Path of Radience didn't it?  

You seem to be forgetting that this is a JRPG, which is a niche franchise, the ONLY one to pull those high numbers is FF, Xenoblade is nowhere near the level of recognition that FF is.  It doesn't matter if Nintendo is pushing it, it will never reach those high numbers.

Edit: And ofc Pokemon, but that's a completely different game targetting at a different audience.

Teeqoz said:
bigtakilla said:
ktay95 said:

Your own preferences=|=All Nintendo fans preferences.

True, what does that have to do with anything?

KingdomHeartsFan said:
bigtakilla said:

It's not like the (at least Mario Kart 8's) numbers sold will be so astronomically high that it would be out of the question to reach. And with the push of Shulk being in Smash, he will be exposed to MANY more people. Then two games (a handheld and a console) of the series are coming out at practically the same time. Why do you think they done that?

I think you may be surprised by how many people were actually curious about the character when he had his own SINGULAR reveal (which no other character comes to mind wasn't revealed along with someone else), Nintendo is pushing this. Trust me.

Few things, Shulk isn't in Xenoblade Chronicles X, all that recognition isn't gonna do anything and even if he was in Xenoblade X its not gonna help push sales that much, remember when Ike was in Melee?  That sure helped push copies of FE Path of Radience didn't it?  

You seem to be forgetting that this is a JRPG, which is a niche franchise, the ONLY one to pull those high numbers is FF, Xenoblade is nowhere near the level of recognition that FF is.  It doesn't matter if Nintendo is pushing it, it will never reach those high numbers.

Edit: And ofc Pokemon, but that's a completely different game targetting at a different audience.

Neither is Cloud or Zach associated with all Final Fantasies, but they still sell the name. 

Around the Network
bigtakilla said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:
bigtakilla said:

Neither is Cloud or Zach associated with all Final Fantasies, but they still sell the name. 

Cloud only helped sell FF7 no other ones...

KingdomHeartsFan said:
bigtakilla said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:
bigtakilla said:

Cloud only helped sell FF7 no other ones...

Edit: Also you didn't address my point about Ike in SSB Melee.

It's half the reason I got a Wii U(Bayonetta 2 being the other) It will be better than FFXV. It's the first real JRPG this gen and likely one of the best if not the best for years to come.

This game looks to be a perfect mix of Xenoblade and Phantasy Star.

Judging from the title I thought the thread would be about the quality of the game or Goty awards. Both would be better subjects than sales when we talk about Xenoblade.

X is a niche franchise on a console that doesn't have a big audience for RPGs. The good reputation will help the game to sell, but I can't see it selling more than 1.5M without being heavily bundled, which probably won't happen.

Edit: I know the poll is an attempt to be funny, but you should really make one that is open to different ideas and points of views if you wanted to be taken seriously.

It won't reach mario kart 8 or smash sales, not even close.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian