By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Could 2015 be the Year of Xenoblade?

Tagged games:

Will Xenoblade Chronicles be the next massive Nintendo franchise?

No doubt in my mind!!! 135 55.10%

I'm a hater... 46 18.78%

see results 64 26.12%

Total:245
KingdomHeartsFan said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:
bigtakilla said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:
bigtakilla said:

It's not like the (at least Mario Kart 8's) numbers sold will be so astronomically high that it would be out of the question to reach. And with the push of Shulk being in Smash, he will be exposed to MANY more people. Then two games (a handheld and a console) of the series are coming out at practically the same time. Why do you think they done that?

I think you may be surprised by how many people were actually curious about the character when he had his own SINGULAR reveal (which no other character comes to mind wasn't revealed along with someone else), Nintendo is pushing this. Trust me.

Few things, Shulk isn't in Xenoblade Chronicles X, all that recognition isn't gonna do anything and even if he was in Xenoblade X its not gonna help push sales that much, remember when Ike was in Melee?  That sure helped push copies of FE Path of Radience didn't it?  

You seem to be forgetting that this is a JRPG, which is a niche franchise, the ONLY one to pull those high numbers is FF, Xenoblade is nowhere near the level of recognition that FF is.  It doesn't matter if Nintendo is pushing it, it will never reach those high numbers.

Edit: And ofc Pokemon, but that's a completely different game targetting at a different audience.

Neither is Cloud or Zach associated with all Final Fantasies, but they still sell the name. 

Cloud only helped sell FF7 no other ones...

Edit: Also you didn't address my point about Ike in SSB Melee.

Also, I wouldn't count Shulk out of Xenoblade Chronicles X entirely, though I only do think he will be in a flashback or something similar. Also, what about Melee. This topic wasn't about whehter it was going to outsell every game from every gen, it was about will the Wii U game sell as much as its major franchise counterparts on the Wii U, and in doing so will Nintendo keep nurturing the series to try and have it as a major 1st party title (and out of the typical niche of jrpgs).  Not will two games in a series be able to beat sales of franchises with 20+ year histories.

At bolded:  Sephiroth. 

Around the Network

Absolutely not.
Like I don't think there's even a ghost of a chance.

bigtakilla said:

Also, I wouldn't count Shulk out of Xenoblade Chronicles X entirely, though I only do think he will be in a flashback or something similar. Also, what about Melee. This topic wasn't about whehter it was going to outsell every game from every gen, it was about will the Wii U game sell as much as its major franchise counterparts on the Wii U, and in doing so will Nintendo keep nurturing the series to try and have it as a major 1st party title (and out of the typical niche of jrpgs).  Not will two games in a series be able to beat sales of franchises with 20+ year histories.

I see your having a hard time remembering my points, whether its seletive memory or you honestly can't remember.  You said having Shulk in SSB is gonna help push Xenblade Chronicles X sales, I said how did that work out when Ike was in SSB Melee for FE Radient Dawn?  You keep ignoring my points and making things up, I never said your point was its gonna outsell every game from every gen, show me where I said that.  You said its gonna sell on par with Mario Kart and SSB which is ridiculous.  

I played Xenoblade Chronicles and gave it a 9.5 (you can see in my games collection), but I'm not completely blinded by the game like you are.  Good games don't always sell well, there are way more factors at play.

There's no point in even continuing this, you have countless people in this thread telling you your wrong and yet you don't listen, hell even your poll suggest that there are only people that agree with you or haters.  You will see the sales when the game releases and I'm just gonna leave it at that.

KingdomHeartsFan said:
bigtakilla said:

I see your having a hard time remembering my points, whether its seletive memory or you honestly can't remember.  You said having Shulk in SSB is gonna help push Xenblade Chronicles X sales, I said how did that work out when Ike was in SSB Melee for FE Radient Dawn?  You keep ignoring my points and making things up, I never said your point was its gonna outsell every game from every gen, show me where I said that.  You said its gonna sell on par with Mario Kart and SSB which is ridiculous.  

I played Xenoblade Chronicles and gave it a 9.5 (you can see in my games collection), but I'm not completely blinded by the game like you are.  Good games don't always sell well, there are way more factors at play.

There's no point in even continuing this, you have countless people in this thread telling you your wrong and yet you don't listen, hell even your poll suggest that there are only people that agree with you or haters.  You will see the sales when the game releases and I'm just gonna leave it at that.

Replying to several people on several different posts including numerous posts to me on this topic. 

Why didn't Ike being in Melee help with Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn's sales? Because they never really singled out and showcased Ike. He was just in it. They are also using more marketing to push Xenoblade such as it being the sole announcement of exclusive software for the New 3DS that is just happens to be releasing alongside Xenoblade X. I agree completely just because a character is in Smash doesn't mean sales will go up, it's just a SINGLE way to help get recognition, especially using the marketing strategy with Shulk that they have.

As for the other people on here, there telling me I'm wrong on something I'm asking an opinion about? Or is it about how much of a corner stone Donkey Kong is, you know the worst selling first party title on the Wii U. They are bringing up sales on a series that ebbs and flows with the growth and decrease in casuals. Hardly a "fact", and I doubt .62 million is going to be hard to beat. Bayonetta 2 may very well beat it, is Bayonetta a cornerstone of Nintendo as well? 

Skidonti said:
Absolutely not.
Like I don't think there's even a ghost of a chance.

I do, in fact I think there is a REAL good chance this could sell way above the expectations of many. As much as Kart or Smash? Maybe/maybe not, but from everyone here you'd think it's going to just bomb.

Around the Network

I don't think anyone at Nintendo expects Xenblade or Xenoblade X to sell like MK or Smash...
But somebody at Nintendo seems to realize that Xenoblade has the potential to be a valuable asset...

Have a nice day...

i hope it can appeal lots of monster hunter fans on n3ds and sell 1 million on japan.
People would want to play the sequel on wii U.
i dont expect neither xenoblade nor xenoblade x to be better than wii´s xenoblade on wii in the western market.

It is the max i expect from these games.

leedlelee said:
I don't think anyone at Nintendo expects Xenblade or Xenoblade X to sell like MK or Smash...
But somebody at Nintendo seems to realize that Xenoblade has the potential to be a valuable asset...

I can agree with this, I just hope it does well enough for them to want to continue expanding and growing the franchise. I think in time it COULD very well be a name as recognizable as Mario or Link, it would take a while though. As far as sales, I mostly say that due to the Wii U's low install base and the hopes that a lot of owners will want this, and even more plan on purchasing a Wii U for it. The marketing seems to be heading in the right direction to get the name out. As I said before 2 million wouldn't be impossible, and I think even 3 million could be doable IMO. 

Xenoblade is never going to be some "4th leg" of Nintendo or whatever the original post said. Can it shift decent numbers? Sure, it's a great game, but it doesn't have the mass appeal that Mario or Zelda have.

I will buy it.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.