By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Could 2015 be the Year of Xenoblade?

Tagged games:

Will Xenoblade Chronicles be the next massive Nintendo franchise?

No doubt in my mind!!! 135 55.10%

I'm a hater... 46 18.78%

see results 64 26.12%

Total:245
andrewclear said:
torok said:
No. I recon it may reach 1M lifetime, but that's a stretch for a game that didn't made 1M in the Wii with a much higher install base. It's a pretty niche game.

It didn't make 1M on the will because Nintendo really botched the localization and release of the game.  Due to that, it was highly pirated (the article from the year after it released stated it was downloaded around 1M times from thepiratebay.org).

It seems almost funny how everyone wants to "forget" about how badly the localization process was for Xenoblade Chronicles on Wii, and wants to use those sales numbers as proof of the potential the series has. Lol. 

Around the Network
bigtakilla said:
oniyide said:
bigtakilla said:
oniyide said:

no. Im not at all. Im assuming that not as much people hated FF12 as you are trying to say so any comparison to WW is moot. Really you could compare WW to 13 as that game is way more polarizing. 

If that is the case then you really cant brag about Xenoblade numbers either. LR FF13 PS3 version ALONE did better than xenoblade either. And that was released later and on a system with a smaller install base. And that game wasnt that well received. But bragging wasnt my point or aim. Im simply stating that the FF series is so big that they will sell larger than just about any other JRPG series outside of maybe Dragon Quest

True, but brand recognition and empty promises can go a long way. FF XIII is the perfect example. (And I wouldn't want to brag about LR either.)

But that's even besides the point, it isn't a question of whether X will outsell Lightning Returns (which I'm positive will, hell once Xenoblade 3DS comes out it will surpass LR) I'm just saying FF is not the quality jrpg powerhouse it once was. For people wanting a truly epic jrpg, Xenoblade and Xenoblade X could be exactly where they go.

Yes man, thats my point! and its not bragging if its true and again im illustrating HOW much more influential that series is compared to Xenoblade its not evne close.

Sure it could but IMHO the treatment of the series so far will ensure that it stays niche. FF has always appeared on the most popular systems of their time. Last gen was the only one where the main series appeared on a system that wasnt the market leader (and even then it didnt matter cause it was multiplat). Ninty didnt even want to release Xenoblade over here. X is releasing to a very small install base. IMHO i think people are going to get back into FF this gen. I think Xeno is way too niche to do the numbers you think they will. FYI I dont think its anything to be proud of for Xeno to outsell LR by havign to have a rerlease If we throw in 360 numbers it would still beat Xeno

Short term yes.

Also, there were 190,000 XBox 360 LR software sales (which is terrible numbers) and if Xenoblade 3DS only sells 300,000 it will beat both combined.

Yes those numbers on 360 version is bad. They're supposed to be it a game that no one wanted and was released on a system that is kind of wrong for it. Yes xenoblade would do that by about 4k and it needed a rerlease to do it. Now is THAT somethiing to be proud of? It outselling the 2nd sequel to a game that people didnt really care for anyway? I feel you are stretching. When Xeno can start outselling the MAIN series then you have an argument. 

FYI X isnt reaching 3mil. If Xenoblade couldnt even break a mil with a 100 system install base. X isnt going to more than triple its sales. That is rare. Im willing to bet on it.

Hell no

Lyrikalstylez said:
Hell no yeah

fixed.

oniyide said:
bigtakilla said:

Short term yes.

Also, there were 190,000 XBox 360 LR software sales (which is terrible numbers) and if Xenoblade 3DS only sells 300,000 it will beat both combined.

Yes those numbers on 360 version is bad. They're supposed to be it a game that no one wanted and was released on a system that is kind of wrong for it. Yes xenoblade would do that by about 4k and it needed a rerlease to do it. Now is THAT somethiing to be proud of? It outselling the 2nd sequel to a game that people didnt really care for anyway? I feel you are stretching. When Xeno can start outselling the MAIN series then you have an argument. 

FYI X isnt reaching 3mil. If Xenoblade couldnt even break a mil with a 100 system install base. X isnt going to more than triple its sales. That is rare. Im willing to bet on it.

All it may have needed was not to be so limited in supply and better advertising. I guess we'll find out with Xenoblade X. As far as if it is something to be proud of, I guess we'll have to wait and see how many games are sold, 300,000 would be pretty meh, but a million would be something to be pretty proud of. I do think it will beat the overall numbers of Lightning Returns and I'm willing to bet on that. As far as the Xenoblade series outselling a MAIN Final Fnatasy series, Lightning Returns is part of the main numbered series, so it is. It is the end of Final Fantasy XIII.