By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Could 2015 be the Year of Xenoblade?

Tagged games:

Will Xenoblade Chronicles be the next massive Nintendo franchise?

No doubt in my mind!!! 135 55.10%

I'm a hater... 46 18.78%

see results 64 26.12%

Total:245

I think it has potential to do so. But it won't be Mario or Pokemon. It'll be more like Kirby and Kid Icarus. I, for one, would love a HD remake of Xenogears over a new Xenoblade but, hey, I'll take the new Xenoblade too.

Around the Network
bigtakilla said:
oniyide said:
bigtakilla said:
Vena said:

Donkey Country for SNES says hi, what Metroid game pushed consoles? Considering the sales im gonna say none. While you could make a much better case for DK actually doing something for consoles

How many Wii U's did Tropical Freeze push? Exactly. 

answer my question. When did a Metroid game push any console? cause at least thats something the DK series can say

yvanjean said:
bigtakilla said:
yvanjean said:
bigtakilla said:

So, as we all know Xenoblade Chronicles X is supposed to release on Wii U, and Xenoblade Chronicles is supposed to release on the new 3DS in 2015. My questions are do you think there is a reason they are really pushing both of these games at the same time? How do you think these two games will sell? Do you feel one will push the others sales? Can Xenoblade Chronicles X sell on par with games like Mario Kart 8 and Smash Bros? Do you think they will try to make this series the fourth leg of the foundation of Nintendo as a company (along with Mario, Link, and Samus)? Do you find it funny how a game that wasn't even suppose to release Worldwide could wind up a cornerstone?

I love Xenoblade, but it's a niche RPG game will never be comparable to Mario Kart who has mass appeal. 

For now, I remember when online shooters and MMOs were niche.

Xenoblade on Wii hasn't even sold a million copies ... you're love for the game and genre has you blinded.

Xenoblade on WiiU and new 3ds will either have mild sucess or be a failure.

The WiiU has a very small install base and good portion of them are younger children playing Mario Kart or Super Mario. With the Teen rating it's shrink the potential market.  The WiiU market in 2015 will be maybe 15 Million, the game will be a sucess if it sales more than 500K. 

Same about the New 3DS the game will only run on the new system and the small install base will hurt the massive success of this game. The game on New 3DS is simply a port so doesnt really need to sell that many to Suceed.

RPG is more niche then ever and doesnt fit in the busy world of current gamers if anything popularity is at a all time low now. The only bright light was Bravely Default reminded developper that there is a market for turn base or action RPG. Still Bravely Default is not even a million sellers.

THis. I dont know what reality this guy is living in but JRPGs are as niched as they ever were. Maybe moreso than even the SNES era. And LOL at the FPS and MMOs being niche. They never were. They were just restricted to PCs for a long time but that barrier was wiped out years ago.

oniyide said:
bigtakilla said:
oniyide said:
bigtakilla said:
Vena said:

Donkey Country for SNES says hi, what Metroid game pushed consoles? Considering the sales im gonna say none. While you could make a much better case for DK actually doing something for consoles

answer my question. When did a Metroid game push any console? cause at least thats something the DK series can say

Proof? More software sales do not equal more consoles sold. And beyond that, buying trends change all the time. The Wii to Wii U should tell you that.

oniyide said:
yvanjean said:
bigtakilla said:
yvanjean said:
bigtakilla said:

So, as we all know Xenoblade Chronicles X is supposed to release on Wii U, and Xenoblade Chronicles is supposed to release on the new 3DS in 2015. My questions are do you think there is a reason they are really pushing both of these games at the same time? How do you think these two games will sell? Do you feel one will push the others sales? Can Xenoblade Chronicles X sell on par with games like Mario Kart 8 and Smash Bros? Do you think they will try to make this series the fourth leg of the foundation of Nintendo as a company (along with Mario, Link, and Samus)? Do you find it funny how a game that wasn't even suppose to release Worldwide could wind up a cornerstone?

I love Xenoblade, but it's a niche RPG game will never be comparable to Mario Kart who has mass appeal. 

For now, I remember when online shooters and MMOs were niche.

Xenoblade on Wii hasn't even sold a million copies ... you're love for the game and genre has you blinded.

Xenoblade on WiiU and new 3ds will either have mild sucess or be a failure.

The WiiU has a very small install base and good portion of them are younger children playing Mario Kart or Super Mario. With the Teen rating it's shrink the potential market.  The WiiU market in 2015 will be maybe 15 Million, the game will be a sucess if it sales more than 500K. 

Same about the New 3DS the game will only run on the new system and the small install base will hurt the massive success of this game. The game on New 3DS is simply a port so doesnt really need to sell that many to Suceed.

RPG is more niche then ever and doesnt fit in the busy world of current gamers if anything popularity is at a all time low now. The only bright light was Bravely Default reminded developper that there is a market for turn base or action RPG. Still Bravely Default is not even a million sellers.

THis. I dont know what reality this guy is living in but JRPGs are as niched as they ever were. Maybe moreso than even the SNES era. And LOL at the FPS and MMOs being niche. They never were. They were just restricted to PCs for a long time but that barrier was wiped out years ago.

Final Fantasy used to be one of the biggest Franchise ... Final Fantasy VII & Final Fantasy X this was when JRPG were super popular.

Around the Network
yvanjean said:
oniyide said:

Final Fantasy used to be one of the biggest Franchise ... Final Fantasy VII & Final Fantasy X this was when JRPG were super popular.

Trends come and go. Were JRPGs super popular before FF VII, nope. Nothing is stoping Xenoblade X from becoming the next main popular JRPG. At least popular enough to reach 3 mil. 

I think the Xenoblade themed stage and characters, etc in Smash Bros are deliberately intended to increase exposure and awareness for future titles from the series. It's a brilliant strategy, honestly.

Xenoblade is extremely niche. Most people I talk to about Smash Bros who've seen the "50 fact extravaganza" saw the Gaur Plain stage and had no idea what game it was from.

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.

Screamapillar said:
I think the Xenoblade themed stage and characters, etc in Smash Bros are deliberately intended to increase exposure and awareness for future titles from the series. It's a brilliant strategy, honestly.

Xenoblade is extremely niche. Most people I talk to about Smash Bros who've seen the "50 fact extravaganza" saw the Gaur Plain stage and had no idea what game it was from.

It was a clever marketing strategy, and one (if they could keep going with it) could pay off very well. As I said, when they revealed Shulk a LOT of people on youtube were curious to know who that was, and interest could definitely peak when they do some research and see the reviews on what Xenoblade is. 

bigtakilla said:
oniyide said:
bigtakilla said:
oniyide said:
bigtakilla said:
Vena said:

Proof? More software sales do not equal more consoles sold. And beyond that, buying trends change all the time. The Wii to Wii U should tell you that.

Donkey Country sold a bunch of SNESs it was the reason why SNES was finally able to overtake Genesis.

bigtakilla said:
yvanjean said:
oniyide said:

Trends come and go. Were JRPGs super popular before FF VII, nope. Nothing is stoping Xenoblade X from becoming the next main popular JRPG. At least popular enough to reach 3 mil. 

You answered your own question. JRPGs are not as popular as they were so common sense would state that ALL JRPGS would suffer, so thats just making Xenoblade; especially Xenoblade X job that much harder. Whats keeping from being the next IT JRPG? The fact that is isnt teh IT JRPG. That honor goes to FF no matter what happens to that series it will spank others for the forseeable future. Hell I would say Kingdom Hearts would do better. 3 mil is insane. I am willing ot bet it wont reach that lifetime, especially not with Wii U numbers.