By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Could 2015 be the Year of Xenoblade?

Tagged games:

Will Xenoblade Chronicles be the next massive Nintendo franchise?

No doubt in my mind!!! 135 55.10%

I'm a hater... 46 18.78%

see results 64 26.12%

Total:245
DarkRPGamer007 said:
I'd like to see it grow but not become a JRPG like Final Fantasy, where they've milked it beyond anyone's care

Oh they've milked that series, shot it, made it into steaks, and now everyone has eaten it, shit it out, and flushed it. Couldn't agree more. 

Around the Network
WagnerPaiva said:
bigtakilla said:
WagnerPaiva said:
I will buy it.

I bet more people will than a lot of people on here think!

Let´s talk numbers. It is pretty much the only RPG on the WiiU, I bet it will do 2,5 mi lifetime.

~ 3 mill lifetime I think is exactly where I'd place it. It has the potential to raise the series to much greater heights in the future though. 

Uhhhhhh... no. These kinds of games just don't sell such high amounts, and the Wii U install base isn't that big. It IS a niche game, so it won't suffer from the loss of casual fans. Most of the Wii fans who bought Xenoblade will have a Wii U. 2 million would be a great success. 1 million would be ok. But this isn't going to become one of Nintendo's flagship franchises.

the op got to be on some good stuff to think it will come anywhere near Kart or Smash numbers. JRPGs are way too niche for that and the only two putting up those numbers is Pokemon and Final Fantasy and they had years to decades to put up that kind of rep. Xenoblade isnt even as big as the Tales series.

bigtakilla said:
Vena said:
ktay95 said:

Metroid isnt some foundation of Nintendo, the series is reletively small. Franchise sales havent passed 18m after 18 years, its only had 2 2m+ sellers and 8 1m+ sellers, its most recent game was 2010 which sold 1.27m.

The Prime series, technically, sold quite well when you factor in the re-release/remake: 3+million on Prime, 2+ million on Echoes and Corruption. I wouldn't look much further back then that as Prime is really the game that redefined the series in the eyes of the public. Other M slipped down a lot because of word of mouth, I think, and the rather negative look on the game in general (as well as being at a time when Wii pirating was an absolute disaster).

The series in its modern incarnation is a solid title, its just not a real blockbuster. It also doesn't sell to casuals and is much more a core gamer franchise, so on the WiiU I could see it actually selling better than it did on the Wii as the demographic has been flipped on its head.

^This, Metroid has always had a pretty solid fanbase which typically sells. If it released for the Wii U I would expect no less than over a million sold, nearly twice as much as Tropical Freeze. What people don't get is Donkey Kong is not a title that pushes console sales, while Metroid is. Donkey Kong is that title that a lot of gamers will pick up if they already have the system. It's a gift IP, and that's not a bad thing. The games are solid and very fun, I am one of those half million who own Tropical Freeze. But I wish people would stop pretending when they are in line to get a console if anyone is saying "Man, can't wait to play that new Donkey Kong", because that's just not the reality of it. 

Donkey Country for SNES says hi, what Metroid game pushed consoles? Considering the sales im gonna say none. While you could make a much better case for DK actually doing something for consoles

Around the Network

2D DK games shouldn't be made anymore.

bigtakilla said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:
bigtakilla said:

So, as we all know Xenoblade Chronicles X is supposed to release on Wii U, and Xenoblade Chronicles is supposed to release on the new 3DS in 2015. My questions are do you think there is a reason they are really pushing both of these games at the same time? How do you think these two games will sell? Do you feel one will push the others sales? Can Xenoblade Chronicles X sell on par with games like Mario Kart 8 and Smash Bros? Do you think they will try to make this series the fourth leg of the foundation of Nintendo as a company (along with Mario, Link, and Samus)? Do you find it funny how a game that wasn't even suppose to release Worldwide could wind up a cornerstone?

It's not like the (at least Mario Kart 8's) numbers sold will be so astronomically high that it would be out of the question to reach. And with the push of Shulk being in Smash, he will be exposed to MANY more people. Then two games (a handheld and a console) of the series are coming out at practically the same time. Why do you think they done that?

I think you may be surprised by how many people were actually curious about the character when he had his own SINGULAR reveal (which no other character comes to mind wasn't revealed along with someone else), Nintendo is pushing this. Trust me.

I don't doubt that Nintendo is going to push this game (they certainly need to), but I don't see any way that this is going to sell to 1/3 of WiiU owners (which MK almost always does).  There really isn't much chance of that IMO.   I think it would be lucky to make it to 1m.

xeno doesn't serve the same kind of mainstream audience the others do, so no.

Samus Aran said:

2D DK games shouldn't be made anymore.

why not?

If this could do a mil then that is a success that would be more than what xenoblade chronicles did on a much smaller install base.