By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Could 2015 be the Year of Xenoblade?

Tagged games:

Will Xenoblade Chronicles be the next massive Nintendo franchise?

No doubt in my mind!!! 135 55.10%

I'm a hater... 46 18.78%

see results 64 26.12%

Total:245
Cream147 said:
Xenoblade is never going to be some "4th leg" of Nintendo or whatever the original post said. Can it shift decent numbers? Sure, it's a great game, but it doesn't have the mass appeal that Mario or Zelda have.

Not yet, but it easily could. In my opinion anyways. It has the quality, it just needs the attention.

Around the Network

As in the year for the Xenoblade series? Totally. It's not like it has much history or anything.

As in becoming a mainstream success like Mario Kart? Never.

This game will probably be a gem, and probably outsell the first Xenoblade, for the fact that Nintendo seems to be more willing to promote it than the previous entry. I don't expect millions and millions of copies sold, but MAYBE a million might be reachable.

Just don't be blinded please, seems like you are and are hoping for things that simply will not happen. Let us just wait for the game and enjoy it, instead of trying to hype it this way.

Kuksenkov said:
As in the year for the Xenoblade series? Totally. It's not like it has much history or anything.

As in becoming a mainstream success like Mario Kart? Never.

This game will probably be a gem, and probably outsell the first Xenoblade, for the fact that Nintendo seems to be more willing to promote it than the previous entry. I don't expect millions and millions of copies sold, but MAYBE a million might be reachable.

Just don't be blinded please, seems like you are and are hoping for things that simply will not happen. Let us just wait for the game and enjoy it, instead of trying to hype it this way.

Sorry if you disagree, and sales are really not what I'm talking about (except for the fact that I think it could reach 3 million like Mario Kart for Wii U and may even be as successful as Smash for Wii U sales wise). If you don't think so that's fine. I also think it could be a major franchise people will buy hardware for. Am I SURE it will for the Wii U? No, but it could as a series if they keep up the same marketing. 

I think it's a little bit marrowminded to say it could NEVER reach the mainstream success of other major 1st party titles. But hey, if it doesn't it doesn't. I'm not saying next year Xeno is going to release and sell a billion copies and be Nintendo's new headliner. I do however think it could come out, sell around 3 mill (around the same as the other major first party Wii U games) and become a title that will without a doubt release Worldwide, have big sales, and become part of the reason the majority of people purchase a Nintendo console. It's completely doable. 

I will be watching Xenoblade's sales on N3DS...
It didn't seem to do all that much in Japan, especially when compared to the US, where it experienced a very limited release...
Do you think they anticipate it performing better on N3DS???

Have a nice day...

I'd like to see it grow but not become a JRPG like Final Fantasy, where they've milked it beyond anyone's care

XBOX ONE/Wii U/3DS/PC

RIP Iwata 12/6/1959-7/11/2015

Thanks for all the great memories!

Around the Network

ktay95 said:

Metroid isnt some foundation of Nintendo, the series is reletively small. Franchise sales havent passed 18m after 18 years, its only had 2 2m+ sellers and 8 1m+ sellers, its most recent game was 2010 which sold 1.27m.

The Prime series, technically, sold quite well when you factor in the re-release/remake: 3+million on Prime, 2+ million on Echoes and Corruption. I wouldn't look much further back then that as Prime is really the game that redefined the series in the eyes of the public. Other M slipped down a lot because of word of mouth, I think, and the rather negative look on the game in general (as well as being at a time when Wii pirating was an absolute disaster).

The series in its modern incarnation is a solid title, its just not a real blockbuster. It also doesn't sell to casuals and is much more a core gamer franchise, so on the WiiU I could see it actually selling better than it did on the Wii as the demographic has been flipped on its head.

WagnerPaiva said:
I will buy it.

I bet more people will than a lot of people on here think!

bigtakilla said:
WagnerPaiva said:
I will buy it.

I bet more people will than a lot of people on here think!

Let´s talk numbers. It is pretty much the only RPG on the WiiU, I bet it will do 2,5 mi lifetime.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Vena said:
ktay95 said:

Metroid isnt some foundation of Nintendo, the series is reletively small. Franchise sales havent passed 18m after 18 years, its only had 2 2m+ sellers and 8 1m+ sellers, its most recent game was 2010 which sold 1.27m.

The Prime series, technically, sold quite well when you factor in the re-release/remake: 3+million on Prime, 2+ million on Echoes and Corruption. I wouldn't look much further back then that as Prime is really the game that redefined the series in the eyes of the public. Other M slipped down a lot because of word of mouth, I think, and the rather negative look on the game in general (as well as being at a time when Wii pirating was an absolute disaster).

The series in its modern incarnation is a solid title, its just not a real blockbuster. It also doesn't sell to casuals and is much more a core gamer franchise, so on the WiiU I could see it actually selling better than it did on the Wii as the demographic has been flipped on its head.

^This, Metroid has always had a pretty solid fanbase which typically sells. If it released for the Wii U I would expect no less than over a million sold, nearly twice as much as Tropical Freeze. What people don't get is Donkey Kong is not a title that pushes console sales, while Metroid is. Donkey Kong is that title that a lot of gamers will pick up if they already have the system. It's a gift IP, and that's not a bad thing. The games are solid and very fun, I am one of those half million who own Tropical Freeze. But I wish people would stop pretending when they are in line to get a console if anyone is saying "Man, can't wait to play that new Donkey Kong", because that's just not the reality of it.