By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - "10 Hours of Walking In NYC As a Woman "

Well, seeing as everyone else is doing it.

10 hours of walking in Bangalore as a (Techie) Man
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hNCChvFNRI

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network
contestgamer said:

Men do far more damage than women do. Yes, we women can do pretty horrible things on an individual level, but look at any statistic of the worst of the worse; murder, violence, rape, robbery, abandonment of family/offspring, etc and men far, far outnumber women as the preperators. That's why the focus should be on men, because they are the cause of most global brutality. Luckily this is slowly changing for the better as testosterone levels of men are dropping sharply in the west which will hopefuly contribute to change in male culture. For the record, there is nothing wrong with men as individuals. Many men take offense to what women say about the gender as a whole, but if the descriptions fit you then we're not talking about you at all.

well all i can say is that you have a very naive and simplistic view about mascuilinity

"Men do far more damage than women do"

yes but you are speaking of the negative

you should have put it like this " men do more than women do"

and by that i mean that men have contributed by  a massive degree more to the building and upkeep of society than women have

the structures we use, our forms of communication, our understanding of the universe etc etc etc

all of this was done by the drive of men

i'd also like to mention that men are told that we are to protect women because of our power and aggression

so as i said previously the current situation is that the contributions of men to society are completely overlooked in favour of calling them demonic brutes when their violence is not being harnassed to benefit women

what's also funny about this situation is that many women encourage men to be masculine and shame them when they do not meet certain standards that depending on the context they then jump around and shame men for... just a funny observation i've made

one example : https://twitter.com/HeightismReport

height is attractive to women because it makes a man more domineering/imposing 

"murder, violence, rape, robbery, abandonment of family/offspring, etc and men far, far outnumber women as the preperators. "

yes that is all true

"That's why the focus should be on men "

well first off you already have a situation where the evils of men are overexaggerated while the evils of women are never discussed

but anyway no that's silly reasoning just because the evil that women perpetuate is not overt like that of men it does not mean that we shouldn't discuss it

"Luckily this is slowly changing for the better as testosterone levels of men are dropping sharply in the west which will hopefuly contribute to change in male culture."

ok so violence will drop, however, have you considered that there may also be negative effects also?

or does that not matter?

"Many men take offense to what women say about the gender as a whole, but if the descriptions fit you then we're not talking about you at all."

my personal problem with it is that as i said previously there is a very one sided view of men that is being pushed currently

it does not take into account the whole situation just the negative aspects of men

and a situation can never be analysed properly when you choose to disregard a massive portion of it

its like trying to understand how a car works by pulling out the engine and disregarding the rest of the car

Soundwave said:

Approaching a girl on the street, when you are standing on the sidewalk or walking in the opposite direction is a tough go. Approaching in a nightclub, bar, party, Starbucks/coffee shop, gym are all good. Women feel "safe" there. If you are going to approach a girl cold on the street your first responsibility as a guy is to show a woman you are A) safe/friendly B) someone worth talking to (ie: funny or engaging). 

I really don't see the difference. I mean, I get how its skeevy to approach someone on the street, but saying its any better if you do it in a coffee shop or a gym? I've seen plenty of women complaining about guys hitting on them in those places too. "I just go to the gym to work out, not get hit on by guys" etc. 

The truth is, if a woman doesn't want to be hit on, it is always the wrong place and it is always harassment. If she does want to be hit on, it is never the wrong place and it is never harassment. The problem is that men have no real way of knowing which side of the spectrum the woman falls on. Thats why this is funny to me. If it was a really attractive guy walking up to her on the street and saying hey, and she responded, would that be harassment? What if the same guy came up to her and she ignored him? Is it now harassment? Its kinda arbitrary when you think about it...

And then people complain that chivalry is dead.

PS: I wasn't asking for advice...you seemed to misunderstand me. I was just pointing out that it can be pretty laughable what people get offended at.

o_O.Q said:
contestgamer said:

Men do far more damage than women do. Yes, we women can do pretty horrible things on an individual level, but look at any statistic of the worst of the worse; murder, violence, rape, robbery, abandonment of family/offspring, etc and men far, far outnumber women as the preperators. That's why the focus should be on men, because they are the cause of most global brutality. Luckily this is slowly changing for the better as testosterone levels of men are dropping sharply in the west which will hopefuly contribute to change in male culture. For the record, there is nothing wrong with men as individuals. Many men take offense to what women say about the gender as a whole, but if the descriptions fit you then we're not talking about you at all.

well all i can say is that you have a very naive and simplistic view about mascuilinity

"Men do far more damage than women do"

yes but you are speaking of the negative

you should have put it like this " men do more than women do"

and by that i mean that men have contributed by  a massive degree more to the building and upkeep of society than women have

the structures we use, our forms of communication, our understanding of the universe etc etc etc

all of this was done by the drive of men

i'd also like to mention that men are told that we are to protect women because of our power and aggression

so as i said previously the current situation is that the contributions of men to society are completely overlooked in favour of calling them demonic brutes when their violence is not being harnassed to benefit women

what's also funny about this situation is that many women encourage men to be masculine and shame them when they do not meet certain standards that depending on the context they then jump around and shame men for... just a funny observation i've made

one example : https://twitter.com/HeightismReport

height is attractive to women because it makes a man more domineering/imposing 

"murder, violence, rape, robbery, abandonment of family/offspring, etc and men far, far outnumber women as the preperators. "

yes that is all true

"That's why the focus should be on men "

well first off you already have a situation where the evils of men are overexaggerated while the evils of women are never discussed

but anyway no that's silly reasoning just because the evil that women perpetuate is not overt like that of men it does not mean that we shouldn't discuss it

"Luckily this is slowly changing for the better as testosterone levels of men are dropping sharply in the west which will hopefuly contribute to change in male culture."

ok so violence will drop, however, have you considered that there may also be negative effects also?

or does that not matter?

"Many men take offense to what women say about the gender as a whole, but if the descriptions fit you then we're not talking about you at all."

my personal problem with it is that as i said previously there is a very one sided view of men that is being pushed currently

it does not take into account the whole situation just the negative aspects of men

and a situation can never be analysed properly when you choose to disregard a massive portion of it

its like trying to understand how a car works by pulling out the engine and disregarding the rest of the car

So by your admission we live in a patriarchy.

Quote: "and by that i mean that men have contributed by  a massive degree more to the building and upkeep of society than women have

all of this was done by the drive of men"

So now women are saying they want to be involved more and some of the social accepted practices coming from this "patriarchy" they don't like. Which include what this video is showing. Do you not realize how much women were not even allow to contribute or their contrbutions diminished? You are right this society was mostly built on the back of men and conflict by men with women being the cheerleaders of both, but who set them up to be cheerleaders? By your admisson it was men. Yes woman have done some terribly things but you're losing site of the problem when you keep saying some of them do it too. I tell you water is pouring through a hole in my roof yet you keep saying "there is also a tiny leak in the bathroom, don't forget to mention that too". Yes that leak is important and need to be handled but it doesn't need to be mentioned every time we are talking about the bigger problem.

By the way women shaming men and men shaming men are not even close to equivalent. Have groups of woman been known to kill a man because of his lack of masculinty? or even just beat them up? Also who built this standard of how men should be? Do you think woman and men agreed upon this in the society where women barely contribute?

pepharytheworm said:

By the way women shaming men and men shaming men are not even close to equivalent. Have groups of woman been known to kill a man because of his lack of masculinty? or even just beat them up? Also who built this standard of how men should be? 

That seems to have been a team effort by both genders. Women do it through selecting who they date/have sex with/procreate with.

Around the Network

She's an attention whore and women love attention anyway.Just look at Facebook,Twitter and Instagram.

moderated by axum

pepharytheworm said:

So by your admission we live in a patriarchy.

Quote: "and by that i mean that men have contributed by  a massive degree more to the building and upkeep of society than women have

all of this was done by the drive of men"

So now women are saying they want to be involved more and some of the social accepted practices coming from this "patriarchy" they don't like. Which include what this video is showing. Do you not realize how much women were not even allow to contribute or their contrbutions diminished? You are right this society was mostly built on the back of men and conflict by men with women being the cheerleaders of both, but who set them up to be cheerleaders? By your admisson it was men. Yes woman have done some terribly things but you're losing site of the problem when you keep saying some of them do it too. I tell you water is pouring through a hole in my roof yet you keep saying "there is also a tiny leak in the bathroom, don't forget to mention that too". Yes that leak is important and need to be handled but it doesn't need to be mentioned every time we are talking about the bigger problem.

By the way women shaming men and men shaming men are not even close to equivalent. Have groups of woman been known to kill a man because of his lack of masculinty? or even just beat them up? Also who built this standard of how men should be? Do you think woman and men agreed upon this in the society where women barely contribute?

"so by your admission we live in a patriarchy"

define what that means in your opinion

if it means a society where women are oppressed more than men then i'd have to remind you that it is routine for men to die to keep women safe

what i believe is that women and men both have to face adversity and benefits that are inherent in their sex

"Do you not realize how much women were not even allow to contribute or their contrbutions diminished? "

lol this is ironic considering that this is a reply to someone claiming that the negative aspects of men outweigth their positive aspects

" but who set them up to be cheerleaders?"

what do you mean? who made women more passive than men? biology

"Yes woman have done some terribly things but you're losing site of the problem when you keep saying some of them do it too."

no wrong the only way a system can be analysed is to take note of how each part affects the other

men do not do things in a bubble they are always influenced by women and vice versa

i would actually say that a lot of guys become violent bad boys because they perceive that this will impress women, for example, so in this case just looking at the end result and not looking at whole issue is silly and this can be extrapolated to the wider context between men and women

but regardless you would have to tell me what this problem you speak of is

" a hole in my roof yet you keep saying "there is also a tiny leak in the bathroom"

meaning that the issues women face are of greater importance than those of men... well i don't agree

for example, saying that we should focus more on women with regards to street harassment when it is men doing the dying for the most part is not balanced in my opinion

to me it shows that you hold women in higher regard than you do men and if you do that's ok

to me how i judge an issue's importance is by how adversely the subject is being affected

" Yes that leak is important and need to be handled but it doesn't need to be mentioned every time we are talking about the bigger problem."

i'm not going to bother stating my opinion here because i'm not really sure what problem you're speaking of so i'll just try to clarify that

what problem are you speaking of?

"By the way women shaming men and men shaming men are not even close to equivalent." 

i don't follow... if a man is shamed for being short and a woman is shamed for some perceived phsysical deficit she has is that not equal?

anyway i spoke of the shaming of men because i believe that this influences some of the violence we see

that men in order to impress women at times perform violence

which led me to make the point that masculinity is encouraged when it benefits women and shamed when it does not

"Have groups of woman been known to kill a man because of his lack of masculinty? or even just beat them up?"

...groups of men go around beating up women who aren't feminine now? is that your point?

"A Also who built this standard of how men should be? Do you think woman and men agreed upon this in the society where women barely contribute?"

biology

we naturally assumed the roles we were best suited to

btw it should be noted that women generally naturally gravitate towards tall muscular men and in my opinion it is because of a subconscious acknowledgment that these men are more threatening, dangerous and possibly violent

Nobody wants to be approached on the street. Especially in NYC where everybody is always late and in a hurry to get somewhere.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

@ o_O.Q

Patriarchy has a definition, opinions need not apply.

10 hours posting on vgchartz would give you more than 2 minutes of verbal abuse.