By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 vs XB1 Graphics Discrepancy Not As Big As Last Gen?

Which gen is the discrepancy greater

PS4 vs XB1 323 77.46%

PS3 vs 360 93 22.30%

Total:416
dane007 said:
@CGIquality ---r egarding DF for evil within. These pictures are paused and then zooomed in to see the difference. while the game is in motion , you won't see it as easily as how DF shows it. From those pics the only one i can se is the motion blur. the rest i can't see the difference. its not as pronoucned as how some games were last gen.

In motion you notice it better, especially sub pixel detail and temporal aliasing problems stick out much more.

Maybe for some it's being used to the softness or the fake extra AA that an upscaler adds. Last gen all games were upscaled unless you had an actual 1280x720 panel and native 720p game. 1024x768, 1366x768 and 1920x1080 were more common. Native display resolution instantly stands out to me.
Oh well many people didn't see the benefit of 24p display mode for movies as well and actually prefer the old 3:2 pulldown or new frame interpolation adding motion blur. Some people just prefer blurry pictures I guess.

Around the Network

I don't agree man. Have you played Shadow of Mordor or Evil Within?
In the Evil Within there's a noticeable drop in the details every time the caracter moves on Xbox.
In Shadow there's some little effects missing and the details drop too when caracter moves.
I know that Xbox is not a shit console like a lot people say, but there's a diference and nothing can change that.

CGI-Quality said:
bouzane said:
The assertion that the gap between the PS3 and 360 is larger than the one that exists between the PS4 and XBOne is frankly hilarious. First, this is physically impossible due to the disparity between the PS4 and XBOne's GPUs. Secondly, multiplatform games were nearly identical 99% of the time in the previous generation with only a few exceptions such as Bayonetta. Furthermore, even in the case of multiplatform games having inferior resolutions / frame rates on the PS3 the difference was considerably less then the gaps that we are seeing between the current systems.

Many games which the PS4 runs at 1080 the XBOne runs at 900 and that is a difference of 44%. That's bigger than the gap between the PS3 and 360 versions of GTA IV (31% higher on 360) and Red Dead Redemption (25% higher on 360). Do I need to remind you of CoD: Ghosts and MGS: Ground Zeroes (125% higher on PS4)? Sorry but there is a clear answer here and it is that you are clearly wrong.

For some, factual info flies right over their heads (or they turn a blind eye). This is why I posted screens and footage. Not that arguing against numbers makes you look any better, but when you dispute footage, it's time to step away from the topic!

In any event, great post, especially the bolded area!

I just noticed that in a resolution / frame rate comparison on IGN 22 out of 42 titles were noticeably superior on the PS4 with the smallest difference being approximately 40% (Metro Redux). Again, it's funny how the smallest advantage this gen is bigger than the biggest advantage from the previous gen and people still try to dispute / downplay the difference between the PS4 and XBOne. I bought both last time but that certainly won't be happening again.  ;)

CGI-Quality said:

At least it's great to know that the dude from the Xbox version of the game got home safely after the war and made quite a business for himself.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

ganoncrotch said:

That was good... lol

Around the Network

Ganoncrotch that was hilarious.

Jeez that screen tearing on the X1 version o.O

CGI-Quality said:

The screen tear is pretty bad throughout the X1 version (the only game where's I've seen it be  this bad)!

Jesus, his eyes look so sad looking over his stump. there was a few games last gen that were murdered by Screen tearing, I remember the intro to fallout 3 on the 360 had it fairly badly and Aliens :CM had it all over the actual game too, I would much rather seeing a drop in framerate to tearing, I play on a 42" at about 5-6' away so it's pretty in my face when games let rip like this.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

No refuting this evidence. Funny how some posters just left lol

ganoncrotch said:
CGI-Quality said:

At least it's great to know that the dude from the Xbox version of the game got home safely after the war and made quite a business for himself.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m