By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 vs XB1 Graphics Discrepancy Not As Big As Last Gen?

Which gen is the discrepancy greater

PS4 vs XB1 323 77.46%

PS3 vs 360 93 22.30%

Total:416

Yup!!

This gen the difference is bigger

Around the Network
zero129 said:

In fact its almost like a lot of PS4 owners (The ones who gets big kicks out of this type of threads) are in fact unsure of themselfs and its like they have to keep reassureing themselfs that they have the most powerful console cos other then that i just dont see the point of them..

I know, right??

It reminds me of a certain user here who always brings up PCs in threads like these...

I guess when developer able to pull GPGPU technology the gap will be even bigger for PS4 not mentioning the ACE technology.

Last generation PS has a great first party developer, and current gen PS has great and powerful spec with even greater developer and GUI.

So win-win for PS4 this time :D, i guess there will be no more debate PS4 is has big gap in "graphic".

CGI-Quality said:
dane007 said:
@sentient -- i haven't noticed any huge differences between the games on both platform. FOr some , i don't see any difference. Can't say for Mgs GZ as i don't own the game , but for the rest which CGI has posted, the difference is minimal apart from resolution. Even when DF mentions the " difference " i never see it therfore it must be minimal. For example teh difference in SSAO, AO, shadow difference. These difference are hard to spot out unless you nearly try to find it. and at times those differences as well is small . That was different from xbox 360 and ps3. i ahd those two machiens and tehre wer egmes on ps3 that stood out liek a sore thumb as graphically bad.

It's minimal because you can't see a difference? It doesn't work that way.

Besides, I've shown every type of difference from last gen and then all the ones from this gen, ones as big as 50% res discrepancies. You really do have to have your fingers in your ears if you think last gen was bigger, here. 

I know that. However the majority of gamers are not tech wizards lie yourself , ethomaz and others on this site who work aorund  hardware liek this and need the top of the line hardware for your work , hence the awesome PC rig you have.  For you guys  , its easier to spot differences like  what have been discuss in thsi thread, however for a general gamer like myself, seeing these difference will be hard and for us ,and for us  theres minimal difference or told by DF. Thos general gamers who claim to know and see these differences are just copying and pasting what sony or MS have been saying or what the techies analysed.  They really don't alot about it and i have seen it on alot of game sites. Just because general gamers like myself can't see and find it minimal diffrence , doesn't make it any wrong or makes us blind that we need our eyes check lol. 

ethomaz said:

Tachikoma said:

that feel when people think more advanced ambient occlusion,  DOF,  AA and resolution are a smaller difference to 2d foliage textures. 

dane007 can't diferenciated sharper x blur.

And I'm staring to believe he is not trolling.

i really can't see any difference. it has to be really really obvious like what OP posted as pics , otherwise what you and cg quality posted ,  for me are minimal differences. 

Around the Network
Kane1389 said:
zero129 said:

In fact its almost like a lot of PS4 owners (The ones who gets big kicks out of this type of threads) are in fact unsure of themselfs and its like they have to keep reassureing themselfs that they have the most powerful console cos other then that i just dont see the point of them..

I know, right??

It reminds me of a certain user here who always brings up PCs in threads like these...

I only do it to annoy the playstation gamers who try and be all "Superior" to the Xbox and Wii gamers by beating them with the same stick they use on others, it's humourous how some people really dislike that when it happens, but hey, someone has to mix up the cesspool of mediocrity around here!

Besides, it's not my fault PC's are superior in every single aspect.

The graphics gap between PC and PS4 is massively in the PC's favour, certainly larger than the difference between the Xbox One and Playstation 4 (Which as I drift to being on-topic...) at this point in time is really only differing in the resolution and framerate departments, last gen they were far closer together where majority of the time they offered the exact same levels of fidelity, same resolution and same framerates, only the exclusives pushed any barriers for both respective machines.

User was moderated for this post - Conegamer

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

The Order slaysss
it looks like a good pc game on a good rig
yeah they cut corners but the details slay anything on the xb1 shown so far
also uncharted 4 was captured in engine on the ps4
last gen the ps3 and 360 were more or less par
but ie tomb raider and mgs:GZ was double the resolution and frame rate
are y'all insane thats an insane massive graphical parity , thats an insane difference in performance nothing seen in the 360/ps3 years ( tho yeah bayonetta ps3 port was an abomination which was dumb cause it sold way better on the playstation platform ( whose overall ps3 software is pretty undertracked on vgchartz ( tlou , lbp and gow3 being prime examples) vgchartz but by 2016 i expect the ps3 to beat the 360 handily in software sales)

dane007 said:
@ethomaz -- i have. i have been told and 20/20 vision lol. Not kidding as well

then go to https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3954/15067757364_d62bdfd569_o.png and look at the lines of the road, follow the right road on the ps4/Xbox1 it's as clear as day that the lines are just not rendered beyond half way up the right side, not to mention but the diagonally crossed box of lines where the bus is parked in the bottom left side are very clear on the playstation image but far less so in the X1.

This isn't aimed just at you Dane007 at all, because I mean in motion like it was said (by someone) some of these games look as tho it's the same... and that is fair enough if you want to say you are experiencing the same game, gameplay/story wise. But that would be like someone playing Halo on the original Xbox and saying that it feels and is more or less the same as the anniversary edition 10 years later on the X360, it plays, sounds and more or less is the same game. But does that mean that there isn't a massive difference in graphics there? of course not.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

I have friends who still uses VHS and DVD they also claim they cant see any difference compared to Blu ray. They maybe have older tv set, lesser vision or knowledge than some of my other friends. Still they seams happy with that.

bayonetta was made by dif teams,look at vanquish,that was made by the same team... overall so far,this gen is much larger,the diferrence in res in usually quite big,theres also framerate ,or v-sync or something in some of these games thats noticable worse on the one version...any slight differences in last gen was due to complications in early cell learning years.. later multiplats were much closer