By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 vs XB1 Graphics Discrepancy Not As Big As Last Gen?

Which gen is the discrepancy greater

PS4 vs XB1 323 77.46%

PS3 vs 360 93 22.30%

Total:416
thismeintiel said:
CGI-Quality said:

I wouldn't waste too much of your time.  Some of these people are in denial and/or don't want to give the graphical win to the PS4, as that will be an admission of defeat for their preferred console.  Or something like that.  They'll ask for pics of the differences, which there are, but many times the differences are better seen in motion.  You know, the way we actually play games.  I guess it's a good thing we have Youtube and video reviews. 

It's ok, though.  Maybe one day they can admit it, and by doing so, see one of the big reasons people are choosing the PS4 over the XBO in droves.

The Xbox One has nothing (exclusively) that is even on par with InFamous Second Son of Killzone Shadowfall. The problem with our understanding of this issue is that MS barely has any internally made games that are truly taking advantage of the Xbone to prove their point. They are paying other people for their projects and they are just working on the console as best they can.

Anyone who is smart knows that as the gen dwindles down Sony and MS will be getting closer to bottlenecking. Sony wont bottleneck first. The Xbone cant even hit 1080p even a quarter of the time.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
thismeintiel said:
CGI-Quality said:

I wouldn't waste too much of your time.  Some of these people are in denial and/or don't want to give the graphical win to the PS4, as that will be an admission of defeat for their preferred console.  Or something like that.  They'll ask for pics of the differences, which there are, but many times the differences are better seen in motion.  You know, the way we actually play games.  I guess it's a good thing we have Youtube and video reviews. 

It's ok, though.  Maybe one day they can admit it, and by doing so, see one of the big reasons people are choosing the PS4 over the XBO in droves.

The Xbox One has nothing (exclusively) that is even on par with InFamous Second Son of Killzone Shadowfall. The problem with our understanding of this issue is that MS barely has any internally made games that are truly taking advantage of the Xbone to prove their point. They are paying other people for their projects and they are just working on the console as best they can.

Anyone who is smart knows that as the gen dwindles down Sony and MS will be getting closer to bottlenecking. Sony wont bottleneck first. The Xbone cant even hit 1080p even a quarter of the time.

You could argure Ryse is in the same league but thats about it. Even then its Open world at 10*0p vs corridor 900p ...

2008ProchargedGT said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

You could argure Ryse is in the same league but thats about it. Even then its Open world at 10*0p vs corridor 900p ...

LOL Thats just making it even worse. I was talking about exclusives first and foremost and even in gameplay it doesn't look as crisp as InFamous nor Killzone. Of course the game would perform better on PC or PS4 than the One but if we're talking versions here the exclusives definitely take the cake. I mean Killzone in the multiplayer doesn't look anywhere nearly as crisp as the story. Thats because you have a resolution dip of 1080p down to 900p . You notice the blurriness and its crazy how I used to argue with people how it didn't even matter. LOL That resolution drop was just bad. My eyes were like " am in still seeing the same game?"

CGI-Quality said:

After playing, and completing, Ryse on PC, and now checking it out on the X1, I must chime in. It's such a beautiful experience (albeit, not without some drawbacks - on both X1 and PC). I'd say it's in the same league as anything I've seen on PS4. That considered, I'd still give Shadowfall and Second Son the leading visual nods, though (nothing like 1080p/30-60fps on console(s), these days, and in the latter's case, the best IQ of any console game to date).

I really wanted to see Ryse sharper and with others AA solution on PC.

2008ProchargedGT said:
No refuting this evidence. Funny how some posters just left lol

I'm surprised there was a debate going on for THIS long.  The fact of the matter is the PS3 was stronger than the Xbox 360 just like the PS4 is stronger than the Xbox One.  Any issues from last gen were due to the developer and not the hardware.  The specs are set in stone.  Happens every gen, though.  To this day there are still people that believe the Genesis was stronger than the SNES or the PS2 was more powerful than Gamecube.

Xbox One (still my preference) is doing its best to keep up with the PS4 but, unlike last gen, there really is no reason for any port to be better on that hardware.  People just need to accept it as soon as possible and just appreciate what they get on whichever hardware they go with.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
2008ProchargedGT said:

I'm surprised there was a debate going on for THIS long.  The fact of the matter is the PS3 was stronger than the Xbox 360 just like the PS4 is stronger than the Xbox One.  Any issues from last gen were due to the developer and not the hardware.  The specs are set in stone.  Happens every gen, though.  To this day there are still people that believe the Genesis was stronger than the SNES or the PS2 was more powerful than Gamecube.

Xbox One (still my preference) is doing its best to keep up with the PS4 but, unlike last gen, there really is no reason for any port to be better on that hardware.  People just need to accept it as soon as possible and just appreciate what they get on whichever hardware they go with.

Great post. It dosent make the X1 not worth having. Ive had my most fun next gen experience on Dead Rising 3 and that game looks like shit lol.

2008ProchargedGT said:
d21lewis said:
2008ProchargedGT said:

Great post. It dosent make the X1 not worth having. Ive had my most fun next gen experience on Dead Rising 3 and that game looks like shit lol.

Exactly, and if the Xbox One continues to have great games Xbone gamers can have something to brag about. Our dysfunctional gaming family situation wouldnt be the same without it.

Darc Requiem said:
Erwin-VGC said:

No, the PS3 has just a stronger CPU than the CPU of the PS4.

The Cell has superior floating point performance. It lags behind in everything else.

And only in some floating point scenario's, not all.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

ganoncrotch said:
CGI-Quality said:

At least it's great to know that the dude from the Xbox version of the game got home safely after the war and made quite a business for himself.

This cracked me up