By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 vs XB1 Graphics Discrepancy Not As Big As Last Gen?

Which gen is the discrepancy greater

PS4 vs XB1 323 77.46%

PS3 vs 360 93 22.30%

Total:416

There has been alot of talk this gen and recently about how beastly the PS4 is compared to the XB1 and it has shown in the 3rd party games that we have seen so far.  there is also a trend happening when these discussions take place PS4 fans aren making fun of the Xb1 fans that are saying the differences are not noticable b/c PS fans would say that last gen when XB fans would gloat. 

Which is partially correct PS fans did say that alot last gen but the problem here in reality the 3rd party games that we have seen so far are not as big of a difference that we seen last gen.  no one cares how much more HP is needed to run at 20% higher rez that the ps4 is doing when the end result is that the PS image is not as crisp as a 1080 image of the same game on PC which often time is the result of AA used on the PS4 which is forced since its a console. 

The difference was bigger last gen when you would see the same game run side by side or in the DF face offs hands down i really cant see any debating here, many games the PS3 was missing complete assets remember the grass in mafia and RDR?  the anisotropic filtering (go look it up if you dont know what it is) was also crap on PS3 when your ground textures 6 feet in front of you look like ps2 level graphics compared to the 360 i think its a much bigger deal then the Xb1  being slight less sharp along with FPS and rez also being less on PS3 multiplats, i think all of this combined was more noticeable then what we are seeing so far with the xb1 vs PS4 only being a rez difference making the xb1 image a bit soft

Play Me

Around the Network

It's obviously PS4 vs XB1 ...

BHR-3 said:

This is the only example where the difference is noticeable at first glance. (On second glance, I caught the worse textures of the hill to the right on Black Ops PS3, but it's still not a big difference overall)

PS4 - Xbone is the bigger power gap by quite a significant margin.

Wrong, its much bigger than last gen, you are taking games released years after the beginning of the génération, but they are pretty much the only games to have so much discrepancy, thats no a lot for 7 years ( now, the generation begins and we already have a lot of discrepancies like shadow of mordor, just like rdr, the ps4 version has more foliage )

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

curl-6 said:
BHR-3 said:

This is the only example where the difference is noticeable.

no its not, its noticeable in almost all of the major 3rd party games last gen the pics in the OP are only to show missing assets and lower AF examples, i can pull up a array of quotes and images from lens of truth and DF from last gen of multiple games spanning every genre lower AA, lower AF, lower rez, and FPS with tearing missing assets from grass, trees, shadows smoke and explosions

Play Me

Around the Network
Aerys said:
Wrong, its much bigger than last gen, you are taking games released years after the beginning of the génération, but they are pretty much the only games to have so much discrepancy, thats no a lot for 7 years ( now, the generation begins and we already have a lot of discrepancies like shadow of mordor, just like rdr, the ps4 version has more foliage )

cod always had lower rez fps and AF all the way up to ghosts, look the later DF face off of sleeping dogs, saints row, crysis, you name it

Play Me

BHR-3 said:
curl-6 said:
BHR-3 said:

This is the only example where the difference is noticeable.

no its not, its noticeable in almost all of the major 3rd party games last gen the pics in the OP are only to show missing assets and lower AF examples, i can pull up a array of quotes and images from lens of truth and DF from last gen of multiple games spanning every genre lower AA, lower AF, lower rez, and FPS with tearing missing assets from grass, trees, shadows smoke and explosions

I was talking about the pics you provided, not all of last gen. 

If you want to show a large PS3/360 disparity...

;)

I dont really notice a difference between either gen. This gen is very young and filled with multi plats though.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

och at the bayonetta comparison

i thought the others showed a pretty good difference try opening up the pic and zooming or copy the url below in the address bar

http://images.eurogamer.net/articles//a/1/2/9/8/6/2/6/PS3_021.jpg.jpg/EG11/resize/1280x-1

http://images.eurogamer.net/articles//a/1/2/9/8/6/2/6/360_021.jpg.jpg/EG11/resize/1280x-1

http://images.eurogamer.net/2011/articles//a/1/4/2/0/4/4/1/PS3_009.jpg.jpg/EG11/resize/1280x-1

http://images.eurogamer.net/2011/articles//a/1/4/2/0/4/4/1/360_009.jpg.jpg/EG11/resize/1280x-1

Play Me

Yikes..the Bayonetta differences are pretty big.