By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - Taylor Swift's 1989 Album About To Smash A Record!

OMG!! her music touches my heart <3

XOXOXOXOXO

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network

Wow. I didn't know Taylor Swift was so popular. I still haven't heard any of her music. What would you say is her best song?

Ps3 said:
foodfather said:
A sad day for music indeed if the above is true.

Ohhhh pleaseeeeee. Taylor is saving the music industry. The labels are crying tears of joy that someone in this day in age can still sell albums the way she can, because the only people who can do this today is Taylor and Adele.

RIP Music Industry

I kid, I kid...unfortunately, I have yet to hear an album this year for me to even put on my Top 5 of the year. Last year I had a hard time making a top five, but I'll be lucky to find a top three this year. We got Foo Fighters and..................well, thats all I got so far :( I'll have to do some digging at some point to see if Ive missed anything great, but I miss last year

I don't mind listening to her music but I don't understand why she's so popular.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

I had a dream that I fucked her right in the pussy

Around the Network

This news just killed my day

I wanna call her music shit, but that's just another sign of me getting old!

MJ will always be the King of Pop. He accomplished these outrageous sales long before anyone had ever conceived of iTunes. Albums cost $10 in the mid 80s, just as they do now, only we're talking 1984 USD and not 2014 USD... so they were actually about twice as expensive as they are nowadays.

Taylor is alright, I generally prefer her to other pop artists of her generation. But these sales records won't mean a damn thing in 10 years, much less 30. The parents of the bride and groom will get tipsy and ask the DJ to play Love Story. The DJ will see "Taylor Swift" written in the Do-Not-Play list. (S)he will play Billie Jean instead, and the dance floor will be packed with every generation in attendance because freaking nobody doesn't like Billie Jean.

I'm sorry but Taylor Swift is just another auto-tuned robot in the assembly line that is popular music.

She does, however, have deep intellectual interests in the erudite nether of post-Marxist European history as the opening lyrics of the song "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" at least can be interpreted as her commentary on the incorporation of Czechoslovakia into Nazi Germany upon the latter's rise to power in 1939. Before then, it had existed as a sovereign state--one of peaceful unity--since it had achieved independence from the Austro-Hungarian Empire in the ashes of World War I. I'll give her that.

By the way, PS3, can you please find a picture of Taylor where she isn't looking at a funhouse mirror? How about the new pictures from her appearance on Jimmy Kimmel or something?

I wonder how many of those 1,000,000 units sold were from the $0.99 deal.