By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - AC: Unity PS4 Leaked (aka I Hate Sub-1080p Blurriness)

I always wonder how you survived last gen where you played your games till end of last year knowing all this stuff about PC graphics and how people did play your sub 720p PS3 CoD in 1080p or higher on PC. How could you even touch your PS3 games when you saw people posting PC screenshots in gaming forums?

Around the Network

Wow this looks horrible. Black Flag looks even better than this. At this timeframe it is worse than what happened with Watch Dogs.

Maybe they'll still will update the game on day one (like Black Flag actually) but I doubt it will improve that much

Stories unfolded with my home made rap songs. Feel free to listen here with lyrics: https://youtu.be/vyT9PbK5_T0

globalisateur said:

first of all i have black flag and no  wy black flag looks better then that. Secondly , do you know for certain how is the build shown in the picure?. I don't se anythign wrong with it. its not bad and there are very nice looking 900p games that look very sharp. heck if gamers couldn't tell KZ multiuplayer then reolution of whether 900 and 1080p resolution debate is mute

They couldn't tell because the game was 1080p native a rest and slow motion. It was only at fast motion that the game became interpolated at half res.

That's coming from a DF writer which proved that on several Gaf posts. you could say the game had a dynamic resolution only noticeable at moderate/fast motion so people thought it was some strong motion blur.

Like Wipeout HD :p, could this not become a new trend a dynamic resolution instead of a dynamic framerate. A dynamic framerate is barely noticable if the resolution doesn't drop below 900p and it safes much graphical power. Oh and ubisoft, why can a relatively small studio like sucker punch pull this off.

and the best you can do is a major downgrade, with a huge team and a budget which is probably almost 4 times as big as infamous second son in a later state of this gen.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

globalisateur said:

first of all i have black flag and no  wy black flag looks better then that. Secondly , do you know for certain how is the build shown in the picure?. I don't se anythign wrong with it. its not bad and there are very nice looking 900p games that look very sharp. heck if gamers couldn't tell KZ multiuplayer then reolution of whether 900 and 1080p resolution debate is mute

They couldn't tell because the game was 1080p native a rest and slow motion. It was only at fast motion that the game became interpolated at half res.

That's coming from a DF writer which proved that on several Gaf posts. you could say the game had a dynamic resolution only noticeable at moderate/fast motion so people thought it was some strong motion blur.

The resolution wasn't dynamic at all.  It takes previous frames, and fills in the missing information for the present frame.  It's still a native 1080p frame.  The blurring are sources out of place because of the time displacement.

darkknightkryta said:
globalisateur said:

The resolution wasn't dynamic at all.  It takes previous frames, and fills in the missing information for the present frame.  It's still a native 1080p frame.  The blurring are sources out of place because of the time displacement.

Only at rest and slow motion. The temporal reprojection is broken and automatically turned off at fast motion when the motion vectors couldn't properly reconstruct a full 1080p image. That's why most people saw the game was very blurry only at fast motion and thought it was an unusual motion blur.

Technica lly KZ Multiplayer has a dynamic resolution.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
I wont buy it for a different reason

AC is a tired and tedious franchise that bores the shit out of me.

Aye, I'm with you there, just never caught on with me.

kowenicki said:
I wont buy it for a different reason

AC is a tired and tedious franchise that bores the shit out of me.

This.

Since 07 we have got one each year and TWO! this year. Overrated and repetitive game. People say COD should die, yet give Asscreed a pass year after year.

WoW thats not even a 1080/900p issue, those graphics are just bad overall.

Ubisoft loves to dumb down games. I'm calling parity for sure. After playing InFamous i'm calling bullshit for sure.

I don't even know why people still buy Assassin's Creed each year!

My first game in the previous generation was Assassin's Creed 1 and it soiled my entrance in the generation leaving a bad taste in my mouth right out of the gate. Because I needed redeeming for peace of mind I also bought 2 and while it was leaps and bounds better, it was still an overall average game filled with menial and excruciatingly boring side-quests/tasks meant to artificially prolong the game's playtime. A plague on nearly all open-world games that Assassin's Creed helped spread. Not to mention the mission structure in a game that tries to have an overarching plot is aggravating and defeats the purpose. Again, another open-world game stupidity.

Never bought another Assassin's Creed game after that and never will again. My hard-earned money is much better spent elsewhere, especially when the publisher throws smoke and mirrors tricks at you like Ubisoft is an expert at these days.