By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - AC: Unity PS4 Leaked (aka I Hate Sub-1080p Blurriness)

WebMasterFlex said:

What will be your excuse for PS4 GTA V's 1080p ?

PS3/360 port.

Around the Network

You are too much an AC's VIP to admit that game is ugly. GTA V destroyed it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBkCB1zRIx4

The e-thomaz screenshots are ugly. That's a fact... and why do you say it's not the final version ?

"shadow mordor looks good but i find AC better looking"

What? No way does it look this crappy. It doesn't even have anything to do with resolution, but moreso with everything else. The blandness of the graphics are worse than 9 out 10 PS3 titles, it looks like they're alpha screens or something. Something must be wrong.

If it actually does look like this and this is real, then holy sh*t O_O ...

WebMasterFlex said:

The e-thomaz screenshots are ugly. That's a fact...

lol nah. i actually got bored if AC black flag. i still haven't finished . i have only played all of the AC up to the civil war one. haven't played ac one on the vita .  I can bet that  the graphics of GTA will just a sharper ps3 or xbox 360 like TLOU wa s a sharper ps3 version. it won't look next gen at all.  the pics make not look good, howwever its not the final reprsentation of the game when it comes out. As i have said no one knows how old the build is for these pics. 

Whatever man, enjoy it

Around the Network
dane007 said:

you do realize that the engine used for GTA V, witcher 3  and infamous are completely different. Just because they engine for the game can run 1080p doesn't mean the other can as well.   i agree is not hee best tehy can achieve but the best that can achieve currently with what they have. as time improves , they can make changes to the engien making it better and as tiem goes by , they will find new tricks to make the game veen better. the ppics so far don't look bad at all. what happen to the day when it was all about having fun with the game you have lol. seems like the good days of gaming has disappeared and now turned ti which games 1 or few  hundreds pixels more then the other. 

Dude, no one is disputing that the games/engines can get better. Nor is anyone saying anything about not having fun. Graphical or visial comaprisons has always been relevent since gaming was created. To act like this is all suddenly new is just pretentious. I mean if graphics didn't matter everything should look like tetris and galaga.

He asked a simple question, insinuating that its so far been impossible to get open world games running on the PS4 at 1080p. We just pointed out that that wasn't the case.

Why should it be our business what Ubi can or can't do with their engine. If we can get better for our money elsewhere, if others are doing in the same amount of time things that ubisoft can't seem to do... why should we give them a pass. Especially when you consider that they base all their game marketing on bullplaythroughs. Of the game running at levels that nothing they release on any of the platforms ever match. Thats false marketing right there.

If you are ok with all this, then by all means.... enjoy.

Watchdogs had the same blurry and aliased look.

The blurriness is a combination of shitty AA and shitty upscaling.

It looks so much worse than AC4 on PS4 which had also tons of characters + high resolution textures + open world + decent lighting + locked 30fps + SMAA 2TX.

Here we gained a few characters displayed (I still didn't see any console screens with hundreds of characters like in the PC build showed earler), a few shaders and now 900p at ~20fps. What a waste.

dane007 said:
WebMasterFlex said:

The e-thomaz screenshots are ugly. That's a fact...

lol nah. i actually got bored if AC black flag. i still haven't finished . i have only played all of the AC up to the civil war one. haven't played ac one on the vita .  I can bet that  the graphics of GTA will just a sharper ps3 or xbox 360 like TLOU wa s a sharper ps3 version. it won't look next gen at all.  the pics make not look good, howwever its not the final reprsentation of the game when it comes out. As i have said no one knows how old the build is for these pics. 

You just seem to be saying a whole lot of nothing.

Those pics are from the retail copy of the game running on the PS4. from someone that got a copy earlier than everyone else. Its not a demo build or an alpha build. its a RETAIL build on a RETAIL disc.

Yes, the game may/will look better in motion. Yes, the pics may not have been properly taken. But to say there isn't an obvious difference between it and what they have been showing in their press releases is to be practicing denial of a magnitude I would probably never comprehend.

The problem is, that this seems to have become a very common ubisoft trend. 

Troll_Whisperer said:
Seriously. First Watch Dogs and now this. WTF Ubisoft. The difference between 1080p and 900p is really big, no matter what some say.

watch them do it with far cry 4 :(

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

first of all i have black flag and no  wy black flag looks better then that. Secondly , do you know for certain how is the build shown in the picure?. I don't se anythign wrong with it. its not bad and there are very nice looking 900p games that look very sharp. heck if gamers couldn't tell KZ multiuplayer then reolution of whether 900 and 1080p resolution debate is mute

They couldn't tell because the game was 1080p native a rest and slow motion. It was only at fast motion that the game became interpolated at half res.

That's coming from a DF writer which proved that on several Gaf posts. you could say the game had a dynamic resolution only noticeable at moderate/fast motion so people thought it was some strong motion blur.