By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - AC: Unity PS4 Leaked (aka I Hate Sub-1080p Blurriness)

Lol at people saying they won't buy a game thats not 1080p. You're probably a bigger fan of hardware specs then you are of actual videogames.

And yeah just to echo everyone else, this game doesn't look like it was built from the ground up for Next gen hardware but despite being underwhelming its in no way 'ugly'. From what we've seen those screenshots don't quite give credit to how much is going on in the games world, no current games are even comparable. Not Infamous, Not shadow of mordor....And y'all cannot be bringing up last gen ports (GTA, TLOU) lol. NOT comparable.

Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Lijke rol said the problem is not resolution, the graphics are not that great, looking at second son and then looking at this , holy shit its like a gen apart.
Those textures are bad.
I could care less about asscreed but this will hapen to the only ubisoft game i am interested , the division...

that not too bad there are other devs out there pumping games , i will be busy playing the witcher, dragon age , bloodborn , batman to care about ubisoft games

No interest in Far Cry 4?

Hardcore_gamer said:

Can one of you name me next generation open world game which is 1080p on ps4 ?

All open world games on PS4 except the two Ubisoft are 1080p.

Wright said:

Dead Rising 1 on 360 looks better than the first screen Ethomaz showed.

It was also way more fun than any of the super tamed games Ubi put out.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

dane007 said:

first of all i have black flag and no  wy black flag looks better then that. Secondly , do you know for certain how is the build shown in the picure?. I don't se anythign wrong with it. its not bad and there are very nice looking 900p games that look very sharp. heck if gamers couldn't tell KZ multiuplayer then reolution of whether 900 and 1080p resolution debate is mute

Black Flag looks better IMO... even the character are better.

And Killzone is a perfect example is how non-1080p damaged the overall presentation and people complained about without even know about that.

At Killzone launch the most talked thing was the game was terrible blurry in MP but the output image was always native 1080p... so we gamers thought it was because the bad use of FXAA that caused the blurriness... it was really bad how blurry MP is. After that Eurogamer asked to devs and finaly was told that the native 1080p image were created using one actual frame in 960p + 2 old frames renderended in the past... so they created the native 1080p image redering a 960p image plus two others 960p imaged rendered in the past (temporal)... so all makes sense.

That why people complained about how it was blurry... you can look launch threads and looks for all post saying how MP was terrible blurry compared to SP... with shared pics for comparision.

Thanks to remember a valid example... Killzone is a example in how people can see the presentation is odd even when they are tricked with a temportal 1080p... now imagine a native upscale that looks even more blurry.

Around the Network
WagnerPaiva said:
Wright said:

Well, yeah, but I'm very biased with that game. Probably one of my favourite games ever :D

Wright said:
WagnerPaiva said:
Wright said:

Well, yeah, but I'm very biased with that game. Probably one of my favourite games ever :D

If you come near Serra Negra - Sao Paulo - Brazil sometime, come visit me, we will play DEAD RISING 3, it is also amazing, feels like a B-Horror comedy movie.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

dane007 said:

The world of infamous is smalle compaerd to Ac Purity plus the amount of npc in an rea in infamous is tiy. At times it feels lifeless. i played game an dfinished being good. In terms of TLOU. it look slightly better then the ps3 version. graphics is not really next gen and the worl is small compared to AC and teh number of AI is tiny therefore its easier to hit 0180p.

You know any of these game render the full open world but only a small part of it... big or small open world didn't matter for redenring but how you smart render the parts of your game while you are moving... so a open world game 100x bigger than another won't matter if your are using the same code to smart predict the next part to be rendered and the part that will put on trash.

You TLOUR comment is biased... tell me what game is better graphicly than TLOUR? You will find few examples... AC for example is not... it is not even close.

And AI have nothing to do with rendering 1080... don't fall in the bullshit that Ubisoft told to you to try to "defense" the parity... AI affect only framerate.

S.Peelman said:

What? No way does it look this crappy. It doesn't even have anything to do with resolution, but moreso with everything else. The blandness of the graphics are worse than 9 out 10 PS3 titles, it looks like they're alpha screens or something. Something must be wrong.

If it actually does look like this and this is real, then holy sh*t O_O ...

People that are playing the game (the retail version... the game launches in 10 days)  are saying it is really ugly and the framerate/animation are terrible but of course could have a day one patch if Ubi is smart and have time to increase the graphic fidelity but I don't believe that becuase they have the framerate issues yet to be fixed.

WagnerPaiva said:
Wright said:

If you come near Serra Negra - Sao Paulo - Brazil sometime, come visit me, we will play DEAD RISING 3, it is also amazing, feels like a B-Horror comedy movie.

I'll bear it in mind! :D