By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why is PS4 still outselling the X1 in America?

it has to be rocket science!!.......nah... is just because is the hell much better option ;)

Around the Network
Aura7541 said:
Aerys said:

You forgot The Tomorrow Children, Disgaea and  Everybody's Golf,  :'(

This brings up another good point: Sony's strong presence in all conferences. They were very strong and consistent with their messaging in E3, Gamescom, and their 2 pre-TGS conferences. As for Microsoft, after a good E3, their performance declined and was non-existent during TGS. Not to mention, Sony will be holding Playstation Experience this December to close out this year.

Yes, this is also something i like, it's a good marketing move and a good enjoyment for gamers at the same time, they have at least one announcement for every conference, and they even create their own conference when they want to show some games and make new announcements.

So PS gamers have alwaysnews to be excited about on existing games and announcements every trimester

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

The main reason why 360 did better in sales then ps3, after the almighty Ps2 was. was a headstart which gained ground and superior multiplats. the Ps3 wasn't able to surpass the 360 for 6-7 years.
The Ps4 was cheaper, runs multiplats better and are gaining better ground.

PSN: Opticstrike90
Steam: opticstrike90

hudsoniscool said:
2 reason why it's winning in USA. Perception and marketing. U could argue the ps4 has better games but I could argue the opposite. Ya it's more powerful but wasn't the ps3 more powerful than the 360. And sony is marketing the shit out of ps4 while ms is not doing the same.

Really? I see way more Xbox adverts here in the UK and I'm expecting a LOT more with more SO than I've already seen, plus COD, AC and HMCC.

padib said:
We call these trends. It is possible that people are waning off the FPS genre slowly.

It happened with JRPGs after the PS2 era.

the jrpgs went away because they fucked up to many games in the ps2 era. all the good ones are ps or before.

fps had its highs 10 years ago, but it sold more and more with lower quality games, why? because more casuals played it bcause the games got easyer.

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
More exclusives
Better multiplats
More Indies
More FTP
Better design
More powerful

This will help future 'I don't understand' threads.

Add in

More Cross Buy

More Cross Play

Add in

Share Play

Remote Play

Mainly More Bang For your Gaming $ on some things...When Games like Planet Side 2, WarThunder etc is online Multi-player and there is no Playstation+ required to play it is a big benefit for many console gamers that want a good online Multi-player game without required cost on top of ISP payments just to play online Multiplayer. Add in DCUinverse being a pretty good MMO that once again is free to play. the Quality F2P games on the PS4 that offer's Online Multi-plaer without increased cost requirement is a good Option for those gamers that may not really care to pay out for a online game play requirement. yes it does limit you to Free 2 play if that is what you want to do, but with these free 2 play games with a pretty good Online game play Multi-play option for these free 2 play games does allow those that still want that option allows such still on playstation 4 new system.

of course this is the the only reasons in my opinion, but i think it has some effect on the Perception of the value offering of the PS4

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

Neither power-console has backwards compatibility. Backwards compatibility reduces risk by encouraging customers to keep with the brand. Dropping it means whatever is hot sells. Most games will go multiplat, and on the whole Sony does have the better exclusives. The only reason you would by an X1 is if you are a hardcore Halo fan.

Market, better press, better hardware, better price (at one time)) and momentum. Everything else is secondary. America loves FPS, but a lot of the FPS games they love will still be on the PS4 and will look better too. Word of mouth also helps.

As for the exclusivity issue, Microsofts definition of exclusivity is iffy at best. Its never means what it is supposed to because chances are their hottest games are not even made by them not contractually obligated to them even if they are third party. Nintendo's issue has truly proven that this is about third party power and not the power of first party.

the reveal killed them it showed just how grimey MS could be. I imagine sales would be much worse if they didnt do a 180. When you lose that much trust that quickly its gonna hurt you.

It mostly comes down to Microsoft's mistakes.

Microsoft shattered people's trust with their DRM policies. It doesn't matter if they reversed it. The damage was already done. This, combined with a whopping 2 games (Only 1 of them exclusive) announced at the launch event, with the rest of the time spent talking about TV and other non-game features, caused the Xbox One to earn an image as an anti-games console.

And we all remember Sony's 2013 E3. That pretty much cemented Sony's PS4 as the go-to console for gamers. Everyone bought PS4's meaning their friends bought PS4's as well. Most people aren't loyal to a company, and are perfectly content with switching.

So TL;DR: Microsoft's mistakes, even though they reversed those mistakes, resulted in losing their customers' trust. People bought PS4's instead, causing a snowball effect of their friends buying more PS4's as well.

"Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

-Samuel Clemens