By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why is PS4 still outselling the X1 in America?

Quantum Break releases in the Spring? First time I'm hearing that.

Around the Network

As it has been said many times, they're the less loyal fans of all. You screwed it up at the start of the gen and it becomes harder to recovered from it. xbox one still has a chance though but don't expect the same marketshare % ps3/xbox 360 had.

People call PS4 more powerful? Best graphics so far of the new generation are Ryse.

lol

The media bias is hugely in Microsoft's favour, not Sony's.

As for exclusives, lolol. No. That's obviously Sony's domain.

It is very highly logical that most informed people would choose PS4. What we have to consider is how less informed ones are still following suit.

The PS4 managed to be so dramatically better in performance, promise, intentions, etc. that it massively dominated the core gaming audience. And while they aren't often super informed, even many mainstream and casual gamers are picking up on that general "feeling." Basically, the core audience have given the PS4 a very public thumbs up and the opposite for the Xbox One. So, that understood, the REAL question is why Xbox One even puts up a 1:1.5 (and growing, much to Sony's delight) fight at all. And for that we can thank MS' s massive marketing, the large media bias in their favour, their ongoing CoD deal, and to a smaller extent Halo's ongoing popularity.

Also, once the popularity boom starts, it has a tendency to affect what friends and family buy. This is always true and increasingly so with today's  vert connected, "friendly" consoles. And the PS4 is the friendliest console yet released, given its huge emphasis on sharing and community.

Around the Network

Don't forget, PS1 and PS2 dominated. PS4 is following the PS2 path of dominance.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

Gotta be Media Bias or something, because the last couple of months the Xbox one has been a better console to own overall in my opinion. The winter lineup is further proof of that with its better exclusives as well as it's monthly updates to the OS. People do seem to be more impressed with slight resolution differences in comparison to gameplay and such these days so that could be another reason.

Joex2 said:
People call PS4 more powerful? Best graphics so far of the new generation are Ryse.

We've seen numerous multiplats on PS4 running at higher resolutions and better average framerates than Xbox One.

Ryse does look great. But let's not forget that Cryengine is quite good, and no big PS4 game has used it yet. Besides, I would argue that Killzone Shadow Fall looks a bit better. It's framerate and resolution are better than Ryse's as well.

"Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

-Samuel Clemens

Joex2 said:

1. That's not true, but I digress.

2. The PS4 is much more powerful. That is an objective fact.You can look up detailed analysis if you would like, but layman terms posit that the PS4 is 50%+ more powerful. You can see that every multiplatform game runs and looks better on PS4, but the biggest difference will show itself in the exclusives. 

Joex2 said:

Ryse wasn't made specifically for the Xbox One hardware. It ran at 900p on the Xbox One. On PC it will be way better even though the gameplay wasnt exactly up to snuff. I also take it you never played InFamous second son nor Killzone:Shadowfall have you?