By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why is PS4 still outselling the X1 in America?

estebxx said:
FattyDingDong said:

I can't seem to understand this. America has always been an FPS land and Xbox One is the place for it they are releasing a Halo Remaster collection in a few weeks, a COD bundle with exclusive content. And no offense to the PS4 but what good AAA games is releasing for it?  Xbox got Sunset Overdrive, Forza Horizon 2, Halo Remaster for this fall, and they got Quantum Break in the spring. The ps4 has Driveclub in the fall, and The Order in the spring. So, as for as exclusive games go the Xbox One is the king. Also the X1 is 400$ now in America same as PS4 so I would expect better sales for X1.

Why do you think the PS4 is still outselling the X1?   Do you think that exclusive games are no longer the deciding factor and perhaps media bias may have a big role in all of this.

you dont really know about the PS4 exclusives that are about to be released...

i bet you all of this games are gonna get better reviews than driveclub and the order... aside from that there are plenty of reasons to own a PS4 but one of the strongest reasons is the simply better multiplats, and since COD is the biggest FPS currently i bet a lot of gamers are gonna buy the PS4 just to play the better version of said game, especially now that the controller is not a problem since it has been improved enormously.

there are a plenty of other reasons like how Sony has been doing a great job at pleasing the core gamers since 2009 all the way to now, the fact that the Playstation consoles get more support through the years than any other console (in other words they have better legs), the variety in games (japanese and western games, AAA games all the way to indie games etc).

The fact that the PS consoles are like Wine they get better with the years since they get more and MORE exclusives every year, (just look at how many PS3 exclusvies were released on 2013).

there are plenty of reasons actually for owning a PS4.

Don't forget MLB 15: The Show (remember, MLB 2K is no longer made) and Samurai Warriors 4 got released a few days ago, too

Around the Network

Well almost all of XBOX One's exclusives are on PC, PS4's exclusives are better, and the third party games on PS4 run better. Plus online is $10 cheaper.

XBOX ONE/Wii U/3DS/PC

RIP Iwata 12/6/1959-7/11/2015

Thanks for all the great memories!

Xevross said:

Lol exclusives are a very big factor still, people obviously aren't as blind as you and see that PS4 has more coming soon.

sony had only one exclusiv that had real impact, and that was ff7 in the ps era.

after that, sony had some great exclusives, but they didnt sold well.

last gen, uncharted 3 just sold 6,5m games that below 10% attachment rate.  im not even sure if they sold more 1sr party games than consoles.

the only first party game of sony that had a rate above 10% was gt5. (if it sold consoles or not u can argue, but it was no killer app)

Because PS4 is the better console in most peoples eyes.
It takes more than a few money hats to win a console war.

Aura7541 said:

Don't forget MLB 15: The Show (remember, MLB 2K is no longer made) and Samurai Warriors 4 got released a few days ago, too

whoops! forgot about that one (i keep forgeting that game is a PS exclusive) thanks i will edit my Post.

Around the Network

2 reason why it's winning in USA. Perception and marketing. U could argue the ps4 has better games but I could argue the opposite. Ya it's more powerful but wasn't the ps3 more powerful than the 360. And sony is marketing the shit out of ps4 while ms is not doing the same.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

PS took away all of XB avantages. With the PS4 all Sony did was basically not make the same mistakes they did with the PS4. They literally made improvements on all fronts with the PS4.
Better HW, better price, better indie, vastly improved their online platform PSN, committed to having a better relationship with 3rd party devs, finally better marketing.

Compare that to MS this gen. Weaker hardware, marginally better online platform, more expensive console, did a horrible job with indies, and finally fell flat on their faces when it came to marketing the XB1, initially.

At this point Sony has to drop the ball for MS to pull ahead, and thats hard to pull off because historically PS consoles gets better as the gen ages.

generic-user-1 said:
Xevross said:

Lol exclusives are a very big factor still, people obviously aren't as blind as you and see that PS4 has more coming soon.

sony had only one exclusiv that had real impact, and that was ff7 in the ps era.

after that, sony had some great exclusives, but they didnt sold well.

last gen, uncharted 3 just sold 6,5m games that below 10% attachment rate.  im not even sure if they sold more 1sr party games than consoles.

the only first party game of sony that had a rate above 10% was gt5. (if it sold consoles or not u can argue, but it was no killer app)

Sony sells their console with a conglomeration of exclusives.  Why do you think people bought the more expensive console and yet having 3rd party games run less well on their console?  They did so because they wanted the exclusiveS!  Now I really like Ratchet and Clank, but would it be enough to sell on its own the PS3 to me?  Most likely not.  However over half my PS3 library is exclusives.  Games that I own like GoW, TLoU, Infamous, MGS, Heavy Rain, Ratchet and Clank, Sly, Jak, and many others that sold at least a million and many over 2 million with some doing 5+m.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Ps4 being more powerful and being marketed as such , the negative reception Xbox one received when first announced and the lackluster first party exclusives they had last gen

GribbleGrunger said:
More exclusives
Better multiplats
More Indies
More FTP
Better design
More powerful

This will help future 'I don't understand' threads.

This.

Mike_L said:
FattyDingDong said:

And no offense to the PS4 but what good AAA games is releasing for it?

Why would anyone be offended? This is just your personal opinion..

The PS4 is selling because of superior multiplats and the inevitable great exclusives further down the line.

Assassin's Creed Unity
Batman: Arkham Knight
Battlefield: Hardline
Bloodborne
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
DayZ (PS4)
Dead Island 2
Deep Down
Dragon Quest Heroes
Driveclub
Dying Light
Everybody's Gone to the Rapture