By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Order: 1886 new not so linear video (Player explores instead of completing objective)

teigaga said:
Erwin-VGC said:

I still want the developer to apologize for saying: '30 FPS is more cinematic'

RAD should bring out a new demo, it is already very old.. Still not convinced by this game.

Why? its completely subjective. I think 30fps is more cinematic.

No it is not, stop spreading lies.

Around the Network
teigaga said:
Erwin-VGC said:

RAD should bring out a new demo, it is already very old.. Still not convinced by this game.

In movies, it's not the 24 fps itself that makes them look cinematic, it's the motion blur.

I am very worried for this game as Sony's marketing this as one of their big exclusives but If this becomes a major disappointment then that is not gonna be good for their image. There is nothing exciting on the demos they've shown so far aside from the graphics.

There was also nothing new in the video above. That wandering off and choosing to explore didn't really show anything as the player didn't even explore the area. It just looks like a beginner player trying to find out which buttons do which actions as you can see him shooting and wandering aimlessly with him not even fixing the camera. lol

sundin13 said:
Uh, are you serious? Not sure how you can say that a guy running in circles for a minute makes the game less linear. Sure, they modeled the inside of another house, but it is empty and boring, and serves no purpose. I don't get what this thread is trying to prove...sorry :/

I don't get  why anything needs to be proven. This is  supposed to be the answer to gears of war. That game was as linear as it gets and I loved every minute of it.

Games being linear has suddenly become the new 1080p. No game can ever be linear again it seems.

Erwin-VGC said:
teigaga said:
Erwin-VGC said:

No it is not, stop spreading lies.

Its not a lie. solid 30fps vs solid 60fps is not simply more smooth. It works exactly the same as film, very high frame rates gives a pedestrian aesthtic to motion and reduces kinetic momentum. Maybe you don't see it or overlook it for the gameplay benefits but its real.

Around the Network
Aura7541 said:
teigaga said:
Erwin-VGC said:

In movies, it's not the 24 fps itself that makes them look cinematic, it's the motion blur.

Its a combination of the two, more so the framerate. Shutterspeed and frame both a very distinct effect of the flavour of a films sense of cinema. 

drdante said:
Emperorbach said:
Aerys said:

People are joking about the "too linear " part ? it's not a flaw, a lot of games as linear are great

HONESTLY

ALOT mario games,sonic games and a bunch of excellent games are all extremely linear

if the game can have awesome enviroments,excellentgameplay,great story and c haracters then linearity doesnt matter

TLOU, Uncharted series, GOW series, RE series, previous MGS series, Gears series, even CoD Ghost are also linear. 

"So these linear games will have a bleak future ahead" - Ubisoft

We're so doomed....nooooo!!

Unfortunately we seem to be in a funk where people believe if something isn't open world it is rubbish.

Personally, I can't wait to play this.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

drdante said:
Emperorbach said:
Aerys said:

People are joking about the "too linear " part ? it's not a flaw, a lot of games as linear are great

HONESTLY

ALOT mario games,sonic games and a bunch of excellent games are all extremely linear

if the game can have awesome enviroments,excellentgameplay,great story and c haracters then linearity doesnt matter

TLOU, Uncharted series, GOW series, RE series, previous MGS series, Gears series, even CoD Ghost are also linear. 

"So these linear games will have a bleak future ahead" - Ubisoft

We're so doomed....nooooo!!

Gamers dont know what they want, Ubisoft was right on that.

The Order is not disliked because it's linear, because it's as linear as what Remedy revealed on Quantum Break but people like it because they chose a good part to show, what people dont like, it's mostly this part of the chapter, the atmosphere and the gameplay.

They could show much better things like we saw in the trailer, they chose the worst part to show again and again, so it's boring, we'd like something new.  ( like the were wolf part, that was good, a lot loved it)

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

method114 said:

I don't get  why anything needs to be proven. This is  supposed to be the answer to gears of war. That game was as linear as it gets and I loved every minute of it.

Games being linear has suddenly become the new 1080p. No game can ever be linear again it seems.

As I said later in the thread, the linearity isn't really the problem (although this thread is still laughable). The problem is the lack of gameplay diversity. While we haven't seen much of this game (R@D's fault) it really doesn't seem to do anything to elevate it past being a generic TPS with pretty (albeit too frequent) cinematics...

If thats what you are into, more power to you, but I see no problem in asking for more out of our games...

teigaga said:

Its a combination of the two, more so the framerate. Shutterspeed and frame both a very distinct effect of the flavour of a films sense of cinema. 

Striving to be "cinematic" is a BS goal for video games. Why should they strive to be like another medium, when video games have so many advantages. Why don't they play to their own strengths? For games, 60>30 and while not necessary in many cases, it is still a goal to be strived for. 60 presents smoother motion and a more snappy game feel. Here is an example of 60vs30: http://i.imgur.com/Yrhkgwr.gifv

You may enjoy 30 more for some inane reason, but for devs to be telling us "we are holding our games back because we want them to be more like movies" is bullshit.

Emperorbach said:
great
now tweakup the gameplay to add more variety

Baring in mind you don't know anything about what's in this game, exactly what are they going to tweak?

The PS5 Exists.