By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Order: 1886 new not so linear video (Player explores instead of completing objective)

I'm still iffy on this game. I hope it turns out well, but my hype on it is pretty low.

Around the Network

I get that Ready At Dawn doesn't want to spoil too much, but will it not kill them to put up another demo that is much more open?

FightingSmile said:
Cool I suppose, the game has plummeted down the order (excuse the pun lol) of interest for now. I used to be very hyped for this game (willingly to buy a ps4 just for it) but now it has made second guess myself which doesn't happen rarely

So u second guess urself often

People are joking about the "too linear " part ? it's not a flaw, a lot of games as linear are great

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Aerys said:

People are joking about the "too linear " part ? it's not a flaw, a lot of games as linear are great

HONESTLY

ALOT mario games,sonic games and a bunch of excellent games are all extremely linear

if the game can have awesome enviroments,excellentgameplay,great story and c haracters then linearity doesnt matter

Around the Network

Not much different from the newest demo realy. The guy playing could stay at the same place doing the same thing... I think the game should have a faster pace or enemies should be able to destroy the covers it's too static.

Emperorbach said:
Aerys said:

HONESTLY

ALOT mario games,sonic games and a bunch of excellent games are all extremely linear

if the game can have awesome enviroments,excellentgameplay,great story and c haracters then linearity doesnt matter

TLOU, Uncharted series, GOW series, RE series, previous MGS series, Gears series, even CoD Ghost are also linear. 

"So these linear games will have a bleak future ahead" - Ubisoft

We're so doomed....nooooo!!

Thanks for this.

I hate the incredible amount of misinformation and yellow journalism that surrounds this game.

I for one cannot wait to pick up my pre-ordered Collector's Edition. Ready at Dawn are an incredible team with the potential to be the next Naughty Dog.

Emperorbach said:
Aerys said:

HONESTLY

Linearity is a red herring. The real issue is lack of gameplay diversity and the "run to the next cutscene" style of the game. While it is early to judge because of how little we have seen (largely R@D's fault for not releasing more gameplay), so far, it has mostly seemed like fairly standard and generic gameplay, broken up by far too many cutscenes (albeit pretty and well directed cutscenes). At this point, it is up to R@D to prove that sentiment wrong...

Erwin-VGC said:

I still want the developer to apologize for saying: '30 FPS is more cinematic'

RAD should bring out a new demo, it is already very old.. Still not convinced by this game.

Why? its completely subjective. I think 30fps is more cinematic.