1.25m to 1.50m 23 4.40%

>1.5m 50 9.56%

see results 142 27.15%

Total:521
Dunban67 said:
Hedra42 said:
Dunban67 said:
Hedra42 said:

Still want to understand how you're calculating that figure of 300k. Not disputing it, but I like to see substance.

He is giving you substance - there is no exact number to source re world wide retail stock on shelves-  it is an estimate - if you go to your local walmart, Best Buy, gamestop you will see Wii u s for sale and some number will be in stock -   How much stock do you think all the retail channels world wide hold?   

No he's not giving substance, because he can't. There is no substance, because you cannot go by estimations on the previous year, and you cannot gauge worldwide retail stock on what you see in your local store. What I see in my local retail store is very different from what most people living in North America will see in theirs. There's no denying the VGC estimate is over, because after all, a LTD sold-through figure cannot be greater than a company's confirmed shipment figure.

The only figure that can be relied upon in any of the threads that have popped up today discussing this subject, is the figure that has been provided by Nintendo. VGC's figure is an estimate. Everybody else's claims for how much it is out by, and the number of consoles sitting around on shelves, are estimates, but unfortunately, those claims have not always been presented as such.

There is no source for an exact number- all of these numbers including the earnings are snapshots in time that provide reference points.  It seems you don t like what you are hearing and want to pretend the retail channel does not exist and of it does Nintendo does not ke any Wii u s in it.  The 300k number may be 250k or maybe it's 440k but based on last year and following these types of numbers the consensus is in the 300k range - but as you said last year s miner would not be the same as this years number so this year s number is probably higher than last due to higher sales of the Wii u in the comp 7 months-   

I hope you understand the process and substance of these numbers-  I think you have plenty of info from multiple sources to get it-  otherwise I don t think you want to get it 

I'm not talking about snapshots in time providing reference points - I'm talking LTD shipment as confirmed by Nintendo being the only solid fact, and everything else in this thread being assumptions. Like your assumption that I don't like what I hear, or your assumption that I want to pretend the retail channel does not exist, etc. Don't make assumptions about me, or what you think I don't want, like, etc, because they are 100% wrong.

As per the bolded, I'm talking about how sometimes, some of the assumptions over the figures have been presented as if they were fact, without being backed by any substance. That is the problem I've been having with these discussions.

I think that since we both agree that the claims are estimates, there is no more reason for us to butt heads, so please let my statement that they are purely estimates, stand.

Around the Network

I wonder if the cut of 300 employes in europe in mid year had any impact on lowered operation costs. I'm really surprised they manage to turna profit now, they even manage to make some ads do hyrule warrior on TV.

"Hardware design isn’t about making the most powerful thing you can.
Today most hardware design is left to other companies, but when you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective."

Gunpei Yoko

something to take into consideration is that "others" means pretty much only Europe.

In most of Latin America the consoles are imported from the USA and count as USA sales.
And most Latin Americans with Wii Us and 3DS have fake American/Canadian accounts in order to be able to use the E SHOP.
For example, I am Argentinean. Bayonetta 2 I will get in retail form this friday counts as a USA sale, Smash Bros which bought on the E Shop counts as a canadian sale.

It is surely not a lot, but most Latin American (and I think middle eastern) sales aren't in the "rest of the world" category.

sidmeiernintifan said:
something to take into consideration is that "others" means pretty much only Europe.

In most of Latin America the consoles are imported from the USA and count as USA sales.
And most Latin Americans with Wii Us and 3DS have fake American/Canadian accounts in order to be able to use the E SHOP.
For example, I am Argentinean. Bayonetta 2 I will get in retail form this friday counts as a USA sale, Smash Bros which bought on the E Shop counts as a canadian sale.

It is surely not a lot, but most Latin American (and I think middle eastern) sales aren't in the "rest of the world" category.

It isn't US, it's Americas, so the entire continent. Japan is .. Japan. So Others includes Europe, Africa, Asia and Australiasia.

benji232 said:
Yakuzaice said:
mii-gamer said:
Did they make a profit?

For the quarter, yes.  For the half they still have a small loss in Operating Income, but profit in Ordinary and Net Income.

They made a net profit for the first half of their FY14. So yes, they are currently in the black.

The exchange rate related "profit" needs to be treated carefully.

Net assets March 31th: ¥1,118,438 Million == USD $10,876 Million
Net assets Sep 30th: ¥1,130,054 Million == USD $10,305 Million

It's a ¥11,616 Million gain in Yen, but a $571 Million loss in US Dollars.

My 8th gen collection

Around the Network
Yakuzaice said:

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2014/141029e.pdf

This link should be added to the OP.

sort of off-topic but since someone mentioned Iwata's cancer: There is some chance that, despite saying he is getting healthier after the surgery, the cancer may still linger. Bile duct cancer has a terrible prognosis

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Seece said:
Shipments have been down 45% - 50% for 3DS as well, if that is the case again that's 1.25m~ 3DS shipped. That ties in with sales (510k Japan, 340k US, 400k Europe/ROTW)

That puts it at 45.4m shipped. We have 45.2m sell through end of Q3 ....

Too good Seece.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
Seece said:
Shipments have been down 45% - 50% for 3DS as well, if that is the case again that's 1.25m~ 3DS shipped. That ties in with sales (510k Japan, 340k US, 400k Europe/ROTW)

That puts it at 45.4m shipped. We have 45.2m sell through end of Q3 ....

Too good Seece.

Why thank you, all my shipment predictions so far are within 5% margin of error.

Ninsect said:
sort of off-topic but since someone mentioned Iwata's cancer: There is some chance that, despite saying he is getting healthier after the surgery, the cancer may still linger. Bile duct cancer has a terrible prognosis

No one ever called it cancer. He had a tumor, which can mean other things.