750k to 1.0m 50 9.56%

1.0m to 1.25m 37 7.07%

1.25m to 1.50m 23 4.40%

>1.5m 50 9.56%

see results 142 27.15%

Total:521
Ka-pi96 said:
Sharu said:

At least we can say that WiiU software sales are HUGELY undertracked here... )))

Hmm, about a 10million difference? Yeah, I doubt digital makes up that much, so undertracked.

What? There's always lots of software on shelves too. 

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Ninsect said:

So that's only the shipped figure for software? Never even thought of that...

Of course it is. Shipped and digital.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

So Nintendo is not doomed? cool ;D

There's the usual small overtrack as always for their consoles but it's not that important. The Wii U still with a rather 'weak' quarter even if it doubled it's sales compared to last year, I hope holydays goes well.

3DS sales are still 'good' even with the huge drop from last year, but yeah it seems the handheld won't hit 70m LTD. For a comparison, it's 12.7m behind GBA in the same timeframe. https://twitter.com/oscarlemaire/status/527362996340027392/photo/1

Prediction: End of 2015 Hardware sales (as of January 20, 2015)

Wii U: 12.1M | XBO: 19.8M | PS4: 36.0M | 3DS: 58.5M | PSV: 11.7M

kopstudent89 said:
3DS suffering from Japan decline massively (last year MH released in September which gave the 3DS its highest ever September).

The only silver lining for the 3DS is that they have a strong lineup for the holidays with Smash and Pokemon (Pokemon releasing on Black Friday week should be interesting). Also N3DS will give it a kick in Japan and Australia for this quarter, and they'll be looking forward to it next year. Still a bit more life for this handheld I believe.

Wii U should also be much higher year over year in November and possibly December with MK and Smash combo. Not sure how high the impact will be but I'm sure they'll meet their shipments target imo. Black Friday week is the biggest key.

3DS has pretty healthy 4th quarter lineup in Japan... Should be no problem to meet if not exceed last year's November/ December sales.

Final Fantasy Heroes

Bravely Second - maybe it's been delayed to 2015?  Can't find a specific date

Pokemon Ruby/ Sapphire

I think a lot of people will be purchasing N3DS as a replacement for themselves, and giving their old 3DS to another family member, which should give a nice boost to software sales, both old and new.

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.

MepH said:

So Nintendo is not doomed? cool ;D

There's the usual small overtrack as always for their consoles but it's not that important. The Wii U still with a rather 'weak' quarter even if it doubled it's sales compared to last year, I hope holydays goes well.

3DS sales are still 'good' even with the huge drop from last year, but yeah it seems the handheld won't hit 70m LTD. For a comparison, it's 12.7m behind GBA in the same timeframe. https://twitter.com/oscarlemaire/status/527362996340027392/photo/1

Interesting. And that gap is growing at a rapid pace

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Around the Network
WhiteEaglePL said:

I don't get it.

Nintendo says they have sold 7.29 million WiiU's to retailers in total.

VGChartz thinks retailers have sold 7.34 million WiiU's to consumers. 

VGChartz's numbers are impossible because retailers cannot sell what they do not have. 

Retailers need units to sell in the future, about 300k on the shelves worldwide is a fair amount, so sell through should be around 300k less than Nintendo has shipped.

Ninsect said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Ninsect said:

So that's only the shipped figure for software? Never even thought of that...

People are splitting hairs.  It's "shipped" for us, because we aren't Nintendo.  Nintendo considers it sold, as they have sold the copies to retailers and distributors.  Shipped is sold, as far as Nintendo/ Msoft/ Sony are concerned. 

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.

Screamapillar said:
Ninsect said:

People are splitting hairs.  It's "shipped" for us, because we aren't Nintendo.  Nintendo considers it sold, as they have sold the copies to retailers and distributors.  Shipped is sold, as far as Nintendo/ Msoft/ Sony are concerned. 

Your point being...?

We're talking VGC sales numbers vs. Nintendo's here and I'm explaining the 10m discrepancy. VGC tracks sold to consumers, not including digital, while Nintendo tracks shipped (sold to retailers) and digital sales.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

It looks like the best financial news Nintendo have had for a while to me, but it begs the question - what is the difference between 'operating profit' and 'net profit'.

Ka-pi96 said:
WhiteEaglePL said:
Xevross said:

600k shipped for July+August+September. LTD shipments of WiiU are 7.29m and VGC has sell through of 7.34m in the same time frame. Unless you believe -50,000 WiiUs are on the shelves its definitely overtracked. More likely 300-400k because there has to be a few hundred k on the shelves at least

I don't get it.

As of 30th September Nintendo has sold a total of 7.29m Wii Us to retailers

As of 30th September VGC has 7.34m Wii Us sold to consumers

However you look at it the VGC number shouldn't be higher than the official Nintendo number.

Then it's 100K overtracked.

Not 300K.