1.25m to 1.50m 23 4.40%

>1.5m 50 9.56%

see results 142 27.15%

Total:521
WhiteEaglePL said:
Ka-pi96 said:
WhiteEaglePL said:
Xevross said:

600k shipped for July+August+September. LTD shipments of WiiU are 7.29m and VGC has sell through of 7.34m in the same time frame. Unless you believe -50,000 WiiUs are on the shelves its definitely overtracked. More likely 300-400k because there has to be a few hundred k on the shelves at least

I don't get it.

As of 30th September Nintendo has sold a total of 7.29m Wii Us to retailers

As of 30th September VGC has 7.34m Wii Us sold to consumers

However you look at it the VGC number shouldn't be higher than the official Nintendo number.

Then it's 100K overtracked.

Not 300K.

Consumers =/= retailers

Around the Network

Software might be a bit undertracked, but not that much. There's a bit of uncertainty as we don't know what Nintendo exactly counts as software.
We know it's physical copies sold, physical copies shipped and digital copies of games that are also physically avalaible. I really don't think they use DLC in there and digital only games are still doubtful.

WhiteEaglePL said:
Ka-pi96 said:
WhiteEaglePL said:
Xevross said:

600k shipped for July+August+September. LTD shipments of WiiU are 7.29m and VGC has sell through of 7.34m in the same time frame. Unless you believe -50,000 WiiUs are on the shelves its definitely overtracked. More likely 300-400k because there has to be a few hundred k on the shelves at least

I don't get it.

As of 30th September Nintendo has sold a total of 7.29m Wii Us to retailers

As of 30th September VGC has 7.34m Wii Us sold to consumers

However you look at it the VGC number shouldn't be higher than the official Nintendo number.

Then it's 100K overtracked.

Not 300K.

in that case xb1 would be 1.5m untertacked :D

sold trough : sold in ratio is never 100%

Hedra42 said:
Seece said:
rik said:
Seece said:
Hedra42 said:
Yes, could someone actually walk us through how this is a few hundred k out? With source?

Sept 27 vgc has sold-through at 7.31. Granted, this estimate is higher than Nintendo's shipped figure of 7.29, but I want to see substance to these claims that vgc are several hundred k out.

Er?? You think they have no units in the channel? Really ..

It's at minimum 300k overtracked.

not at all lol no way they are 300k wii u sat on shelves. lucky if they 300k games sat on shelves worldwide. i pretty much think stores almost do a 1for 1 swap and i cant see stores through the summer having multiple wii u's just sat around. sell one order another in to sit around for a few days then repeat

Multiple? I think you should add up how many per store 300k actually reaches, it's not many. It's also what WiiU stock levels were at this time last year according to VGC.

Still want to understand how you're calculating that figure of 300k. Not disputing it, but I like to see substance.

He is giving you substance - there is no exact number to source re world wide retail stock on shelves-  it is an estimate - if you go to your local walmart, Best Buy, gamestop you will see Wii u s for sale and some number will be in stock -   How much stock do you think all the retail channels world wide hold?   

Please beware of the woods; quote trees are getting a bit out of hand^^

Around the Network
Dunban67 said:
Hedra42 said:
Seece said:

I think you should add up how many per store 300k actually reaches, it's not many. It's also what WiiU stock levels were at this time last year according to VGC.

Still want to understand how you're calculating that figure of 300k. Not disputing it, but I like to see substance.

He is giving you substance - there is no exact number to source re world wide retail stock on shelves-  it is an estimate - if you go to your local walmart, Best Buy, gamestop you will see Wii u s for sale and some number will be in stock -   How much stock do you think all the retail channels world wide hold?   

No he's not giving substance, because he can't. There is no substance, because you cannot go by estimations on the previous year, and you cannot gauge worldwide retail stock on what you see in your local store. What I see in my local retail store is very different from what most people living in North America will see in theirs. There's no denying the VGC estimate is over, because after all, a LTD sold-through figure cannot be greater than a company's confirmed shipment figure.

The only figure that can be relied upon in any of the threads that have popped up today discussing this subject, is the figure that has been provided by Nintendo. VGC's figure is an estimate. Everybody else's claims for how much it is out by, and the number of consoles sitting around on shelves, are estimates, but unfortunately, those claims have not always been presented as such.

Screamapillar said:
kopstudent89 said:
3DS suffering from Japan decline massively (last year MH released in September which gave the 3DS its highest ever September).

The only silver lining for the 3DS is that they have a strong lineup for the holidays with Smash and Pokemon (Pokemon releasing on Black Friday week should be interesting). Also N3DS will give it a kick in Japan and Australia for this quarter, and they'll be looking forward to it next year. Still a bit more life for this handheld I believe.

Wii U should also be much higher year over year in November and possibly December with MK and Smash combo. Not sure how high the impact will be but I'm sure they'll meet their shipments target imo. Black Friday week is the biggest key.

3DS has pretty healthy 4th quarter lineup in Japan... Should be no problem to meet if not exceed last year's November/ December sales.

Final Fantasy Heroes

Bravely Second - maybe it's been delayed to 2015?  Can't find a specific date

Pokemon Ruby/ Sapphire

I think a lot of people will be purchasing N3DS as a replacement for themselves, and giving their old 3DS to another family member, which should give a nice boost to software sales, both old and new.

I do agree with that but the decline has been mostly from The start of the year and will continue till November. Not sure if it can beat last year, would be great but it's reaching saturation in Japan. I think it will keep having solid sales but nothing spectacular. Btw even with the N3DS it's now lower than last year at the same point in Japan. I do hope it holds better in November though, Youkai and Pokemon should give it a higher baseline.

z101 said:
So Nintendo is back on track and not doomed ...

Who would have thought it?

I would not say that -  they have a tough road ahead of them -  also after they ship aprox thier 3.6 million target of Wii u s, their cost basis will go back up again which will make next fiscal year more difficult 

I have never said Nintendo was doomed but their operating business is struggling considerably 

Well at least they made a profit, but those shipment numbers are bad.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Hedra42 said:
Dunban67 said:
Hedra42 said:
Seece said:

I think you should add up how many per store 300k actually reaches, it's not many. It's also what WiiU stock levels were at this time last year according to VGC.

No he's not giving substance, because he can't. There is no substance, because you cannot go by estimations on the previous year, and you cannot gauge worldwide retail stock on what you see in your local store. What I see in my local retail store is very different from what most people living in North America will see in theirs. There's no denying the VGC estimate is over, because after all, a LTD sold-through figure cannot be greater than a company's confirmed shipment figure.

The only figure that can be relied upon in any of the threads that have popped up today discussing this subject, is the figure that has been provided by Nintendo. VGC's figure is an estimate. Everybody else's claims for how much it is out by, and the number of consoles sitting around on shelves, are estimates, but unfortunately, those claims have not always been presented as such.

There is no source for an exact number- all of these numbers including the earnings are snapshots in time that provide reference points.  It seems you don t like what you are hearing and want to pretend the retail channel does not exist and of it does Nintendo does not keep any Wii u s in it.  The 300k number may be 250k or maybe it's 440k but based on last year and following these types of numbers the consensus is in the 300k range - but as you said last year s number would not be the same as this years number so this year s number is probably higher than last due to higher sales of the Wii u in the comp 6 months-   

I hope you understand the process and substance of these numbers-  I think you have plenty of info from multiple sources to get it-  otherwise I don t think you want to get it