1.0m to 1.25m 37 7.07%

1.25m to 1.50m 23 4.40%

>1.5m 50 9.56%

see results 142 27.15%

Total:521
rik said:
Seece said:
Hedra42 said:
Yes, could someone actually walk us through how this is a few hundred k out? With source?

Sept 27 vgc has sold-through at 7.31. Granted, this estimate is higher than Nintendo's shipped figure of 7.29, but I want to see substance to these claims that vgc are several hundred k out.

Er?? You think they have no units in the channel? Really ..

It's at minimum 300k overtracked.

not at all lol no way they are 300k wii u sat on shelves. lucky if they 300k games sat on shelves worldwide. i pretty much think stores almost do a 1for 1 swap and i cant see stores through the summer having multiple wii u's just sat around. sell one order another in to sit around for a few days then repeat

Have you been in a store lately? What kind of sense does it make to only have 1 console in your store in-between orders?

Around the Network
jlmurph2 said:
rik said:
Seece said:
Hedra42 said:
Yes, could someone actually walk us through how this is a few hundred k out? With source?

Sept 27 vgc has sold-through at 7.31. Granted, this estimate is higher than Nintendo's shipped figure of 7.29, but I want to see substance to these claims that vgc are several hundred k out.

not at all lol no way they are 300k wii u sat on shelves. lucky if they 300k games sat on shelves worldwide. i pretty much think stores almost do a 1for 1 swap and i cant see stores through the summer having multiple wii u's just sat around. sell one order another in to sit around for a few days then repeat

Have you been in a store lately? What kind of sense does it make to only have 1 console in your store in-between orders?

Is this the new thing? "WiiU shipped = sold".

This close to the holidays especially, there is not 4 weeks worth of stock out there.

jlmurph2 said:
rik said:
Seece said:
Hedra42 said:

Many stores don't have any at all, if what I'm seeing over here has any bearing on things.

Ok, quite a mixed bag of results.

Good:
- Big improvement in Gross Profit from 31.5% to 47.3%.
- Foreign exchange gains from weakening Yen give $131 million Net Profit.

Not so good:
- Weakening yen devalued Nintendo's assets by ~$700 million compared to 6 months ago. It was near $11 billion and now is near $10.3 billion.
- 13% lower sales YoY. That's over 23% lower if measured in USD (again due to weakening Yen).
- Small operating loss - so core business is not yet back to profitability.
- Life to date Wii U shipments lower than VGC sales tracking... not a good thing.

My 8th gen collection

Didn't they make an operating profit for this quarter (not including the previous quarter)?

Around the Network
Seece said:
rik said:
Seece said:
Hedra42 said:

Multiple? I think you should add up how many per store 300k actually reaches, it's not many. It's also what WiiU stock levels were at this time last year according to VGC.

yeah and often these chain stores dont all have a wii u in sometimes they have to get one from another store in the next city or whatever. well here in uk anyway. i guess nintendo should off just released sold through figures aswell then we would know. out of interest do you reckon wii u can sold through to 10m by end of dec? i hope it can.

Skidonti said:
Hedra42 said:
Seece said:
Hedra42 said:

Err... where did you get 300k from?

It's reasonable. But I think Seece misrepresents by calling it the minimum. Why would there be more than 250K unsold WiiUs in circulation in September? The system doesn't sell fast, and at best big retailers are probably going to keep stock up for a month of sales. So considering VGC had a number 50K above shipmentd, 300K overtracked seems right on the money.

I want to know from Seece, how he's getting that figure. As I said, not disputing it, just want to understand it, and see the substance behind the claim.

Ka-pi96 said:
Not great, but not too bad either. They at least made some money, and they've got what should be their most profitable quarter now, so yeah could end up as a profit for Nintendo this year.

It's pretty much a lock they will make money for the fiscal year now I would think, the only thing I think that could derail it is some unexpected shift in the Japanese yen. 

kowenicki said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Not great, but not too bad either. They at least made some money, and they've got what should be their most profitable quarter now, so yeah could end up as a profit for Nintendo this year.

I disagree.  All of sudden its great if they manage to scrap a meagre net profit?  (operating income is still bad)

The hardware sales are relatively terrible, profits (if any) are tiny and the sales of the 3ds are falling fast.  Its fairly bleak imo.

$223 million for a July-September quarter isn't actually all that bad. It's pretty damn good actually even though a big chunk of it is because of a favorable yen. 

That is one slim slim profit.
But a profit is a profit! Wonder how many u's they'll ship for Smash and Christmas.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.