500k to 750k 112 21.41%

750k to 1.0m 50 9.56%

1.0m to 1.25m 37 7.07%

1.25m to 1.50m 23 4.40%

>1.5m 50 9.56%

see results 142 27.15%

Total:521
Soundwave said:
$223 million profit, time to greenlight Bayonetta 3 for Fusion ;).

And drop some money into 'Pikmin4 for Nintendo 4DS' hole too!

Around the Network
jlmurph2 said:
rik said:
Seece said:
rik said:
so i would say vgc almost spot on someone please explain why people saying the front page needs changing by a few 100k?

Because Nintendo is talking shipped, VGC has more sold to consumers than have been phsically made ....

i dont see how vgc has it at more? i mean a just under month ago they had shipped 7.29 million wii u's right? so lets say that they have shipped another few hundred k through october that would be 7.5-6 wiis shipped. Question is how many sat on shelves i guess. but hey atleast they in profit.

They have it at 7.29 shipped while VGC has it at 7.35 sold to consumers for Oct 4. There were still Wii U's on shelves so there's obvious overtracking.

Yeah it's probably overtracked by 200k-300k. 

Sharu said:
Soundwave said:

And drop some money into Pikmin4 for Nintendo 4DS too!

I actually think you'll see Pikmin 3 ported first to Fusion early on. Probably DKC: TF too and a few other Wii U games that Nintendo would've liked to have seen higher sales from. These are good games that a lot of people are not going to get a chance to play because they're on Wii U. Nintendo will probably double dip. 

yeah definately overtracked then. im guessing more like 7.3 m sold through by now. cmon wii u hit 10m by xmas

Soundwave said:
Sharu said:
Soundwave said:

I actually think you'll see Pikmin 3 ported first to Fusion early on. Probably DKC: TF too and a few other Wii U games that Nintendo would've liked to have seen higher sales from. These are good games that a lot of people are not going to get a chance to play because they're on Wii U. Nintendo will probably double dip. 

Fusion MUST be backwards compatible or no buy. Oldschool all the way.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:

Well of course.  But 3DS shipmnet are half of the same quarter last year.  Its actually quite bad. 

This quarter last year they sold about 2.8m units of hardware I think.

This quarter they have sold 1.87m units of hardware.

Selling expenses are therefore bound to be lower year on year.

I was just saying why their operating income might be better than Q1, not that the 3DS sales were good on their own. 

Selling, general, and administrative expenses don't really scale too much with the volume/value sold.  At least not when looking at short time frames.

In the six months ended Sep 2008 Nintendo had its biggest first half ever.  24.13m hardware, 166.9m software.  That is 614% and 329% higher than this half.  Revenue was 388% higher.  Despite all this selling, general, and administrative expenses were only 41% higher than this year.  The year before that revenue had gone up 122% YoY yet those expenses only saw a 0.7% rise.  That year had nearly 4x the revenue of this year yet less than half the selling, general, and administrative expenses.

Yes, could someone actually walk us through how this is a few hundred k out? With source?

Sept 27 vgc has sold-through at 7.31. Granted, this estimate is higher than Nintendo's shipped figure of 7.29, but I want to see substance to these claims that vgc are several hundred k out.

Sharu said:
Soundwave said:
Sharu said:
Soundwave said:

It won't be backwards compatible, I doubt it will even use discs at all, but I think it will be able to port Wii U engines/games with a minimal amount of fuss. The dev environment and chip architecture is probably being designed from the ground up to allow for that.

Iwata basically said that they want it to "absorb" the Wii U's architecture but it won't literally be the same chip. 

Hedra42 said:
Yes, could someone actually walk us through how this is a few hundred k out? With source?

Sept 27 vgc has sold-through at 7.31. Granted, this estimate is higher than Nintendo's shipped figure of 7.29, but I want to see substance to these claims that vgc are several hundred k out.

Er?? You think they have no units in the channel? Really ..

It's at minimum 300k overtracked.

Soundwave said:
Sharu said:
Soundwave said:
Sharu said:
Soundwave said:

It won't be backwards compatible, I doubt it will even use discs at all, but I think it will be able to port Wii U engines/games with a minimal amount of fuss. The dev environment and chip architecture is probably being designed from the ground up to allow for that.

Iwata basically said that they want it to "absorb" the Wii U's architecture but it won't literally be the same chip. 

You just made this panda sad (((