400k to 500k 45 8.60%

500k to 750k 112 21.41%

750k to 1.0m 50 9.56%

1.0m to 1.25m 37 7.07%

1.25m to 1.50m 23 4.40%

>1.5m 50 9.56%

see results 142 27.15%

Total:521

There's that overtracking proof for all the doubters. Time to take it down a few hundred k.

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
Weren't basically all Wii U sold at 100% profit this quarter because they wrote off the production costs (a loss) for these shipping units last quarter?

IIRC, yes. All WiiUs they have in warehouses (what, like ten million on contract for the tablet/screens?) have been written into Q1, so they've actually managed to overcome all of that in H1 with better spending and management on funds, it seems.

RolStoppable said:
jlmurph2 said:
There's that overtracking proof for all the doubters. Time to take it down a few hundred k.

It's only overtracked by 20k.

Yeah and then some ...

Vena said:
Soundwave said:
Weren't basically all Wii U sold at 100% profit this quarter because they wrote off the production costs (a loss) for these shipping units last quarter?

IIRC, yes. All WiiUs they have in warehouses (what, like ten million on contract for the tablet/screens?) have been written into Q1, so they've actually managed to overcome all of that in H1 with better spending and management on funds, it seems.

This is also probably why Nintendo can't make a tablet-less SKU ... they'd be stuck with a ton of unsold Wii U controllers that aren't exactly cheap. 

kowenicki said:

3DS shipped: 45.42m, VGC sell through: 45.04m (spot on I'd say)

The 3DS shipped/sold gap is 300k in Japan alone.  That only leaves 70k for every other market.  Less actually since there were still 3 more days of sales before the end of the quarter.  Not sure how it is spot on.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
jlmurph2 said:

It's only overtracked by 20k.

lol come on...VGC has the sold numbers (7,357,957) higher than the SHIPPED numbers (7.29). Its not just 20k. Shipped does not equal sold. You should know that.

The Wii U kinda is what it is, I don't think Nintendo is expecting miracles.

The 3DS is probably bothering them a lot though, even with New 3DS, I think they are going to fall well short of their targets.

Amiibo IMO will be a solid money earner for them though, the profit margin on those toys is probably considerable.

Soundwave said:
The Wii U kinda is what it is, I don't think Nintendo is expecting miracles.

The 3DS is probably bothering them a lot though, even with New 3DS, I think they are going to fall well short of their targets.

Amiibo IMO will be a solid money earner for them though, the profit margin on those toys is probably considerable.

The profit margin on the n3DS is going to be considerably larger than whatever its at now on the OG 3DS. Only reason its not being launched worldwide is production woes/constraints and stuffed NA/EU channels that need draining.

I doubt we'll see a WiiU refresh unless some sort of miracle occurs.

czecherychestnut said:

Wii U LTD 7.29 million

215 million yen operating loss ($US2 million), 14.3 billion yen net income ($US132 million) for the 6 months ending 30 Sep 14.

Half a year down, and the Wii U has shipped less than a third of their forecast target of 3.6 million (1.12 million so far), even with the holiday season do people still think Nintendo were being conservative with their estimate or were they being optimistic?

7.29m as 31. september.

They were conservative, last year in first  two quarters they had 460K Wii U units, and about 2m in holiday season (third) quarter, this year they have 1.12m in first two quarters, and i expect at lest 2.5m for holiday season (third) quarter.

Nintendo better be full steam ahead on the 3DS successor behind the scenes. If they let this platform linger too long IMO they are going to be burned extremely badly by a rapidly evaporating audience.