1.25m to 1.50m 23 4.40%

>1.5m 50 9.56%

see results 142 27.15%

Total:521

Tomodachi Life is >1.27 million.

Around the Network
Vena said:
Yakuzaice said:

For the quarter, yes.  For the half they still have a small loss in Operating Income, but profit in Ordinary and Net Income.

OLoss went from 9.4 bil to 0.2 bil correct? That's a massive improvement that's hidden from plain sight. I wonder what they did to lower it so much.

3DS sales were quite a bit stronger than last quarter.  If comparing to last year, their selling, general, and administrative expenses were substantially lower in Q2.  Down almost 11%.  If it had been flat (or up like in Q1), we'd be looking at a ~5 billion yen Operating Loss for the half.

Yakuzaice said:

3DS sales were quite a bit stronger than last quarter.  If comparing to last year, their selling, general, and administrative expenses were substantially lower in Q2.  Down almost 11%.  If it had been flat (or up like in Q1), we'd be looking at a ~5 billion yen Operating Loss for the half.

What brought them down so far?

So is this it? Is there going to be any Q&A? Or a schedule of upcoming Wii U and 3DS games? Or am I thinking of something else?

t3mporary_126 said:
So is this it? Is there going to be any Q&A? Or a schedule of upcoming Wii U and 3DS games? Or am I thinking of something else?

i think there will be an investor's meeting on the 30th

Around the Network
t3mporary_126 said:

Tmrw morning 10 am JPN time IR meeting + Q&A

animegaming said:
t3mporary_126 said:

i think there will be an investor's meeting on the 30th

Oh kk. I can go to sleep then lol

Wait, so Nintendo was PROFITABLE this quarter?
Is it opposites day or something?

Vena said:
Yakuzaice said:

What brought them down so far?

Not sure, don't see any elaboration in the report.  It does seem that their more favorable Ordinary/Net Income is due in large part to a 15.5 billion exchange gain due to yen depreciation (most of their sales are overseas and they report in yen, so in this instance the depreciation can be advantageous).

Weren't basically all Wii U sold at 100% profit this quarter because they wrote off the production costs (a loss) for these shipping units last quarter?