750k to 1.0m 50 9.56%

1.0m to 1.25m 37 7.07%

1.25m to 1.50m 23 4.40%

>1.5m 50 9.56%

see results 142 27.15%

Total:521
Seece said:
Hedra42 said:
Yes, could someone actually walk us through how this is a few hundred k out? With source?

Sept 27 vgc has sold-through at 7.31. Granted, this estimate is higher than Nintendo's shipped figure of 7.29, but I want to see substance to these claims that vgc are several hundred k out.

Er?? You think they have no units in the channel? Really ..

It's at minimum 300k overtracked.

Err... where did you get 300k from?

Around the Network
Sharu said:
Soundwave said:
Sharu said:
Soundwave said:
Sharu said:
Soundwave said:
$223 million profit, time to greenlight Bayonetta 3 for Fusion ;).

And drop some money into Pikmin4 for Nintendo 4DS too!

I actually think you'll see Pikmin 3 ported first to Fusion early on. Probably DKC: TF too and a few other Wii U games that Nintendo would've liked to have seen higher sales from. These are good games that a lot of people are not going to get a chance to play because they're on Wii U. Nintendo will probably double dip. 

Fusion MUST be backwards compatible or no buy. Oldschool all the way.

It won't be backwards compatible, I doubt it will even use discs at all, but I think it will be able to port Wii U engines/games with a minimal amount of fuss. The dev environment and chip architecture is probably being designed from the ground up to allow for that.

Iwata basically said that they want it to "absorb" the Wii U's architecture but it won't literally be the same chip. 

You just made this panda sad (((

Believe after having to sit through my Wii U disc drive sound like it had disc read constipation during every cut scene in Bayonetta ... discs can't go fast enough for me. Fusion will use 3DS sized cartridges (for all variants, home and console) I'd bet. 

Mmhm. Considering major retailers probably try to keep about a month's worth of stock on hand and they'd probably expect October to sell more than September, I think it's reasonable to think 250K units hadn't been sold to consumers.

So VGC should have WiiU at 7.05 sell-through end of September. Probably sitting about 7.3 right now...

Seece said:
Hedra42 said:
Yes, could someone actually walk us through how this is a few hundred k out? With source?

Sept 27 vgc has sold-through at 7.31. Granted, this estimate is higher than Nintendo's shipped figure of 7.29, but I want to see substance to these claims that vgc are several hundred k out.

not at all lol no way they are 300k wii u sat on shelves. lucky if they 300k games sat on shelves worldwide. i pretty much think stores almost do a 1for 1 swap and i cant see stores through the summer having multiple wii u's just sat around. sell one order another in to sit around for a few days then repeat

rik said:
yeah definately overtracked then. im guessing more like 7.3 m sold through by now. cmon wii u hit 10m by xmas

You don't know how shipping vs sold works do you?

Edit: Do you mean by now as in 10/29? Possibly but it seems high to me.

Around the Network

Im happy with this. :)

rik said:
Seece said:
Hedra42 said:

not at all lol no way they are 300k wii u sat on shelves. lucky if they 300k games sat on shelves worldwide. i pretty much think stores almost do a 1for 1 swap and i cant see stores through the summer having multiple wii u's just sat around. sell one order another in to sit around for a few days then repeat

Multiple? I think you should add up how many per store 300k actually reaches, it's not many. It's also what WiiU stock levels were at this time last year according to VGC.

Seece said:
rik said:
Seece said:
Hedra42 said:

Multiple? I think you should add up how many per store 300k actually reaches, it's not many. It's also what WiiU stock levels were at this time last year according to VGC.

Still want to understand how you're calculating that figure of 300k. Not disputing it, but I like to see substance.

Hedra42 said:
Seece said:
Hedra42 said:

Err... where did you get 300k from?

It's reasonable. But I think Seece misrepresents by calling it the minimum. Why would there be more than 250K unsold WiiUs in circulation in September? The system doesn't sell fast, and at best big retailers are probably going to keep stock up for a month of sales. So considering VGC had a number 50K above shipmentd, 300K overtracked seems right on the money.

jlmurph2 said:
rik said:
yeah definately overtracked then. im guessing more like 7.3 m sold through by now. cmon wii u hit 10m by xmas

You don't know how shipping vs sold works do you?

Edit: Do you mean by now as in 10/29? Possibly but it seems high to me.

er yes i know the differance  between shipped and sold and yes by NOW i mean as in now today not 2-3 Weeks ago