By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ubisoft is just being lazy with the PC version of AC Unity

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
VanceIX said:
Scoobes said:
I put this in the other thread:

"I call overinflated bullshit.

Bethesda have done it with a few games already, as has EA with SoM, so why not Ubisoft? My guess is the minimum spec will play at 1080p, 60fps, Ultra graphics settings. Recommended will be for 4K or something equally ridiculous.

I'm starting to get suspicious that publishers are striking deals with hardware manufacturers to over inflate their minimum specs. Bring on the conspiracy theories!"

I stand by this. I think people with weaker systems will still be able to play at lower graphics settings. If not, it'll be modded until they can.

AC4 was barely playable on even better hardware. My 7970 occasionally chugged in jungle areas on ultra, which is just sad. I would not put it past Ubisoft to release such a shit port that it really can only run well on top of the line hardware.

So entitled. Why does Ubisoft have to spend so much effort getting the game to run the way you like it when chances are you are gonna pay for the game at a discounted rate. Its not like Ubisoft gets any money from your fancy specs. Run it in medium, it only hurt for a second.

When a compnay does stuff liek this people start to pirate the game.  For a few reasons

1. Spite

2. They are not sure if game will run on their PC, so pirate it so don't waste $60 on a game their PC can't run.

And fuck $60.  Look at League of Legends.  That game is racking in money hand over fist and pretty sure its a FREE game.  or it was last time I played it.  Funny how people can play a free game for 1000's of hours and yet barely get 10 hours out of a $60 game.  oh and not to mention with game like AC or other "BLOCKBUSTERS" there is no need to wait for a steam sale.  The game will be 50% off in 2 months at most, the fact that they never stay near $60 shows that they are not worth that.

Around the Network

My PC is well above those requirements, but I won't give a chance to this thing. Ubisoft's so called "AAA games" (that marketing moniker that kids seem to love) are worthless. Last thing they did kinda "right" was FarCry 3, but it was just OK.

At least they have gems like Child of Light and Rayman Legends.

Well ubisoft hasnt cared for pc in the longest time.. All the assasins creeds have even seen a release far later compared to consoles in hopes that most pirates would just buy the console version instead of waiting. Its smart.. I guarantee you that a day 1 pc release eats out of the total sales. although pc contributes cuite a bit the because of the people who plays both on pc and console and would rather pirate a pc game heavily outweighs that.

GTAexpert said:
I'll be getting this game on PS4. I think you should do the same, as Ubisoft games are just better on consoles.

Yeah,  especially the AC series.  Running around in an open world envieroment like that just isnt comfortable with the WASD keys. 

Hopefully this shuts people up who agreed with the spin (when it came out that they gimped the PS4 version) that "PS4 couldn't handle Unity at 1080p" because of the CPU and blah blah blah, to appease Xbox owners.

Yea.....and most really powerful computers "can't handle" the game either??? I doubt Unity is such an intensive game that it requires a 680 (a $500 minimum GFX card) as a minimum to run the game. Something like that rests solely on the ineptitude of the development team. 

Or, this will be the most mind blowing game in existence. What are the chances it's the former or the latter? I'm rolling with it being the former.

Around the Network
irstupid said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
VanceIX said:
Scoobes said:
I put this in the other thread:

"I call overinflated bullshit.

Bethesda have done it with a few games already, as has EA with SoM, so why not Ubisoft? My guess is the minimum spec will play at 1080p, 60fps, Ultra graphics settings. Recommended will be for 4K or something equally ridiculous.

I'm starting to get suspicious that publishers are striking deals with hardware manufacturers to over inflate their minimum specs. Bring on the conspiracy theories!"

I stand by this. I think people with weaker systems will still be able to play at lower graphics settings. If not, it'll be modded until they can.

AC4 was barely playable on even better hardware. My 7970 occasionally chugged in jungle areas on ultra, which is just sad. I would not put it past Ubisoft to release such a shit port that it really can only run well on top of the line hardware.

So entitled. Why does Ubisoft have to spend so much effort getting the game to run the way you like it when chances are you are gonna pay for the game at a discounted rate. Its not like Ubisoft gets any money from your fancy specs. Run it in medium, it only hurt for a second.

When a compnay does stuff liek this people start to pirate the game.  For a few reasons

1. Spite

2. They are not sure if game will run on their PC, so pirate it so don't waste $60 on a game their PC can't run.

And fuck $60.  Look at League of Legends.  That game is racking in money hand over fist and pretty sure its a FREE game.  or it was last time I played it.  Funny how people can play a free game for 1000's of hours and yet barely get 10 hours out of a $60 game.  oh and not to mention with game like AC or other "BLOCKBUSTERS" there is no need to wait for a steam sale.  The game will be 50% off in 2 months at most, the fact that they never stay near $60 shows that they are not worth that.

Then why release on PC at all?

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

BMaker11 said:

Hopefully this shuts people up who agreed with the spin (when it came out that they gimped the PS4 version) that "PS4 couldn't handle Unity at 1080p" because of the CPU and blah blah blah, to appease Xbox owners.

Yea.....and most really powerful computers "can't handle" the game either??? I doubt Unity is such an intensive game that it requires a 680 (a $500 minimum GFX card) as a minimum to run the game. Something like that rests solely on the ineptitude of the development team. 

Or, this will be the most mind blowing game in existence. What are the chances it's the former or the latter? I'm rolling with it being the former.

PS4 and powerful computers are unable to handle this game properly yet Xbox one(which is weaker than PS4 by 30% atleast) can easity handle this game at 900p which is strange.

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.

GTAexpert said:
I'll be getting this game on PS4. I think you should do the same, as Ubisoft games are just better on consoles.

Only because they are really crap with optimization and porting, I've seen countless devs able to port fine, multiplats are actually meant to be better on PC but gimping them and doing a real shit job doesn't make them look good.

The way I see it for me this gen is getting the consoles for their exclusives (since they are exclusive and run on the consoles) and multiplats on PC whenever I can because I've seen them run better, when Ubisoft does something like this all they do is earn bad rep and garner ire, just like they did with Nintendo and it;s fans they do the same to PC, it does them 0 favours at all, when you can do a good job for one platform and not the rest you have problems and ened to sort them out asap.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

GTAexpert said:

I probably won't get the game at all any time soon, but yeah, that's what I will probably end up doing when it gets cheap. Hell, I won't even buy it new, I'll just buy it used on Craigslist. Ubisoft won't be getting any of my $$$.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

BMaker11 said:

this