By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ubisoft is just being lazy with the PC version of AC Unity

daredevil.shark said:
VanceIX said:

1. And as I have said, many AAA games already sell better on PC, and revenue is increasing every year. Compare this to not even a decade ago, where PC sales were almost nonexistent compared to console. What, do you expect PCs to instantly take over a market where consoles have a 30+ year old lead? The current growth itself is astounding.

2. And there are very few of them, as my point. Are you going to say that the PS4 is a garbage platform because Battlefield 4 was a shit port?

3. And yet you can't just ignore 2 of the biggest AAA games on the market (they are AAA, jusdging by production value). Picking and choosing will always skew stats one side or the other, and ignoring the two biggest AAA games in existence is doing just that.

Then why dont you play lol / dota 2? Why even bother about AC Unity system requirements; heck; why even bother playing this game?. Last time I checked it was your thread about AC Unity.

I don't play them, just like how I don't play many other AAA games, because they are not games that I enjoy. Others do though, and that's fine.

Also, you were the one who started this complete change in topic with these-

daredevil.shark said:
I stopped my plan to upgrade PC. I will stick with ps4. I have no desire to play unoptimized games in overpriced system.
daredevil.shark said:

Agreed. When it comes to these type of games console version sells well. There is no need to focus on PC given the revenue is small compared to consoles.

daredevil.shark said:

He was not talking about MMO. He was talking about typical AAA games. These games sell well in consoles.

This topic had nothing to do with consoles, yet you felt the need to come in and talk about the superiority of them? And you blame me for changing the topic? OK.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Around the Network

Seriously? My gt660 cant even run this game? Bullshit ubisoft

VanceIX said:

Really, Ubisoft? Is your game so horribly optomized that it requires (at MINIMUM) a god damn Radeon 7970 (a very high end GPU) to run? This is just bullshit, and I am seriously pissed off at Ubisoft right now. First they gimped the PS4 version, now they release a completely unoptimized PC port? Did they learn nothing from Watch Dogs and AC4?

Very much considering boycotting this game, as much as I love Assassin's Creed. This kind of shit from developers should not be tolerated, period.

Minimum PC Specs:

• Intel Core i5-2500K @ 3.3 GHz or AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz or AMD Phenom II x4 940 @ 3.0 GHz processor
  • 6 GB RAM
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 or AMD Radeon HD 7970 (2 GB VRAM) video card

Recommended PC Specs:

• Intel Core i7-3770 @ 3.4 GHz or AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz or better processor
  • 8 GB RAM
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 or AMD Radeon R9 290X (3 GB VRAM) video card

OK I will admit this one looks lazy as hell.  I mean the Xbox One has an HD 7770 and they say a 7970 is required (About 3x stronger)?!  Also notice the Phenom x4 or FX-8350 ->  clearly this game is only using 4 cores.

TheGoldenBoy said:
Isn't Ubisoft always lazy with their PC versions?

Assassin's Creed yes, Far Cry no.

Captain_Tom said:
VanceIX said:

Really, Ubisoft? Is your game so horribly optomized that it requires (at MINIMUM) a god damn Radeon 7970 (a very high end GPU) to run? This is just bullshit, and I am seriously pissed off at Ubisoft right now. First they gimped the PS4 version, now they release a completely unoptimized PC port? Did they learn nothing from Watch Dogs and AC4?

Very much considering boycotting this game, as much as I love Assassin's Creed. This kind of shit from developers should not be tolerated, period.

Minimum PC Specs:

• Intel Core i5-2500K @ 3.3 GHz or AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz or AMD Phenom II x4 940 @ 3.0 GHz processor
  • 6 GB RAM
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 or AMD Radeon HD 7970 (2 GB VRAM) video card

Recommended PC Specs:

• Intel Core i7-3770 @ 3.4 GHz or AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz or better processor
  • 8 GB RAM
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 or AMD Radeon R9 290X (3 GB VRAM) video card

OK I will admit this one looks lazy as hell.  I mean the Xbox One has an HD 7770 and they say a 7970 is required (About 3x stronger)?!  Also notice the Phenom x4 or FX-8350 ->  clearly this game is only using 4 cores.

The funny thing is, they reccomended i7 for AC4 as well, and it ended up only using 2 cores -_-

Around the Network

I put this in the other thread:

"I call overinflated bullshit.

Bethesda have done it with a few games already, as has EA with SoM, so why not Ubisoft? My guess is the minimum spec will play at 1080p, 60fps, Ultra graphics settings. Recommended will be for 4K or something equally ridiculous.

I'm starting to get suspicious that publishers are striking deals with hardware manufacturers to over inflate their minimum specs. Bring on the conspiracy theories!"

I stand by this. I think people with weaker systems will still be able to play at lower graphics settings. If not, it'll be modded until they can.

Scoobes said:

Bethesda have done it with a few games already, as has EA with SoM, so why not Ubisoft? My guess is the minimum spec will play at 1080p, 60fps, Ultra graphics settings. Recommended will be for 4K or something equally ridiculous.

I'm starting to get suspicious that publishers are striking deals with hardware manufacturers to over inflate their minimum specs. Bring on the conspiracy theories!"

I stand by this. I think people with weaker systems will still be able to play at lower graphics settings. If not, it'll be modded until they can.

AC4 was barely playable on even better hardware. My 7970 occasionally chugged in jungle areas on ultra, which is just sad. I would not put it past Ubisoft to release such a shit port that it really can only run well on top of the line hardware.

VanceIX said:
Scoobes said:

AC4 was barely playable on even better hardware. My 7970 occasionally chugged in jungle areas on ultra, which is just sad. I would not put it past Ubisoft to release such a shit port that it really can only run well on top of the line hardware.

I have a 7870 and thought it ran OK for the vast majority of the game. I messed around with the settings a fair bit though so maybe I just optimised to what worked for my system.

So XB1 gets the definitive edition?

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

VanceIX said:
Scoobes said:

So entitled. Why does Ubisoft have to spend so much effort getting the game to run the way you like it when chances are you are gonna pay for the game at a discounted rate. Its not like Ubisoft gets any money from your fancy specs. Run it in medium, it only hurt for a second.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank