By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ubisoft is just being lazy with the PC version of AC Unity

daredevil.shark said:
VanceIX said:

Um yeah, no. PC sales are fine. Or have you not heard about games like Star Citizen and Witcher? If a dev properly optomizes for PC, gamers will buy their game.

He was not talking about MMO. He was talking about typical AAA games. These games sell well in consoles.

Well, he's still wrong. Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Witcher, Civilization, and any Valve game are just a few AAA titles that perform very well on PC (and, alot of the time, better than the console counterpart). I think you underestimate just how many PC gamers there are. Sure, most won't buy unoptomized garbage like Watch Dogs and AC, which skews the results a bit, but if a game is properly optomized and runs well on a variety of PCs, people will buy it in droves.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Around the Network
VanceIX said:

Well, he's still wrong. Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Witcher, Civilization, and any Valve game are just a few AAA titles that perform very well on PC (and, alot of the time, better than the console counterpart). I think you underestimate just how many PC gamers there are. Sure, most won't buy unoptomized garbage like Watch Dogs and AC, which skews the results a bit, but if a game is properly optomized and runs well on a variety of PCs, people will buy it in droves.

Few doesnt count. At the end of the day, majority of AAA games console sales > few AAA PC version sales. And I will play in optimized system rather than playing in a system that is unoptimized and expensive.

Well Ubi is being lazy with everything, but i guess PC gamers that really pissed right now. But indeed I am really curious how GTX 680 will performs compared with PS4 if Assassins Creed run on the system. By default GTX 680 is far more powerful when it comes to raw power, I guess that's the benefit of console when it comes to optimization, PC run the games with raw power alone because it's difficult to optimize many variety of system spec based on the market, but with console you only have one spec and simple GUI.

daredevil.shark said:
VanceIX said:

Few doesnt count. At the end of the day, majority of AAA games console sales > few AAA PC version sales. And I will play in optimized system rather than playing in a system that is unoptimized and expensive.

Why wouldn't a few count? PC sales have grown exponentially, and will continue to grow for a while yet. Even games like Final Fantasy are now being ported to PC, because devs are realizing that there is untapped potential in the consumerbase. Games like League of Legend and Dota 2 ALONE probably make more money than almost all AAA console titles (but I bet those won't count for ya).

And 99% of PC games are optomized just fine. It's the few (like AC Unity) that suffer from lazy devs. A mid-range PC today will easily be able to play almost every game on the market on at least medium, and probably look better than the consoles while doing so, due to features like mods.

VanceIX said:

Why wouldn't a few count? PC sales have grown exponentially, and will continue to grow for a while yet. Even games like Final Fantasy are now being ported to PC, because devs are realizing that there is untapped potential in the consumerbase. Games like League of Legend and Dota 2 ALONE probably make more money than almost all AAA console titles (but I bet those won't count for ya).

And 99% of PC games are optomized just fine. It's the few (like AC Unity) that suffer from lazy devs. A mid-range PC today will easily be able to play almost every game on the market on at least medium, and probably look etter than the consoles while doing so, due to features like mods.

1. When PC version of AAA games surpass console version of AAA games sales then please talk. What I hear growing, not surpassing. PC AAA sales are "still" minority.

2. Lazy devs or inefficient devs, whatever you may call them, at the end of the day these games are unoptimized.

3. I dont give a damn about lol / dota. Tried to enjoy them but its not my cup of tea. Topic was about so called AAA games, dont change the topic.

Around the Network

Why are the differences between minimum and recommended so low? Are there no adjustable settings?

episteme said:
Why are the differences between minimum and recommended so low? Are there no adjustable settings?

I have a feeling this game will run in low end PCs. Plus someone will release a patch for those. What I hear FF XIII PC / Dark souls PC version got good patch from modders.

daredevil.shark said:
VanceIX said:

And 99% of PC games are optomized just fine. It's the few (like AC Unity) that suffer from lazy devs. A mid-range PC today will easily be able to play almost every game on the market on at least medium, and probably look etter than the consoles while doing so, due to features like mods.

1. When PC version of AAA games surpass console version of AAA games sales then please talk. What I hear growing, not surpassing. PC AAA sales are "still" minority.

2. Lazy devs or inefficient devs, whatever you may call them, at the end of the day these games are unoptimized.

3. I dont give a damn about lol / dota. Tried to enjoy them but its not my cup of tea. Topic was about so called AAA games, dont change the topic.

1. And as I have said, many AAA games already sell better on PC, and revenue is increasing every year. Compare this to not even a decade ago, where PC sales were almost nonexistent compared to console. What, do you expect PCs to instantly take over a market where consoles have a 30+ year old lead? The current growth itself is astounding.

2. And there are very few of them, as my point. Are you going to say that the PS4 is a garbage platform because Battlefield 4 was a shit port?

3. And yet you can't just ignore 2 of the biggest AAA games on the market (they are AAA, jusdging by production value). Picking and choosing will always skew stats one side or the other, and ignoring the two biggest AAA games in existence is doing just that.

VanceIX said:

1. And as I have said, many AAA games already sell better on PC, and revenue is increasing every year. Compare this to not even a decade ago, where PC sales were almost nonexistent compared to console. What, do you expect PCs to instantly take over a market where consoles have a 30+ year old lead? The current growth itself is astounding.

2. And there are very few of them, as my point. Are you going to say that the PS4 is a garbage platform because Battlefield 4 was a shit port?

3. And yet you can't just ignore 2 of the biggest AAA games on the market (they are AAA, jusdging by production value). Picking and choosing will always skew stats one side or the other, and ignoring the two biggest AAA games in existence is doing just that.

Then why dont you play lol / dota 2? Why even bother about AC Unity system requirements; heck; why even bother playing this game? Last time I checked it was your thread about AC Unity.

Isn't Ubisoft always lazy with their PC versions?