By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ubisoft is just being lazy with the PC version of AC Unity

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
VanceIX said:
Scoobes said:
I put this in the other thread:

"I call overinflated bullshit.

Bethesda have done it with a few games already, as has EA with SoM, so why not Ubisoft? My guess is the minimum spec will play at 1080p, 60fps, Ultra graphics settings. Recommended will be for 4K or something equally ridiculous.

I'm starting to get suspicious that publishers are striking deals with hardware manufacturers to over inflate their minimum specs. Bring on the conspiracy theories!"

I stand by this. I think people with weaker systems will still be able to play at lower graphics settings. If not, it'll be modded until they can.

AC4 was barely playable on even better hardware. My 7970 occasionally chugged in jungle areas on ultra, which is just sad. I would not put it past Ubisoft to release such a shit port that it really can only run well on top of the line hardware.

So entitled. Why does Ubisoft have to spend so much effort getting the game to run the way you like it when chances are you are gonna pay for the game at a discounted rate. Its not like Ubisoft gets any money from your fancy specs. Run it in medium, it only hurt for a second.

It's not about being entitled. When a top-of-the-line graphics card cannot run a game without lag, there's a problem with optomization, not to mention all the bugs that existed in the PC version.

There is nothing wrong or entitled about calling a company out on shitty optomization. 

Not to mention, I paid $59.99 for Black Flag, thank you very much.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
Seriously? My gt660 cant even run this game? Bullshit ubisoft

It will but just in case it doesn't run well and is buggy mess. They can always hide behind the settings. 

Oh Ubi...

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

VanceIX said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
VanceIX said:
Scoobes said:
I put this in the other thread:

"I call overinflated bullshit.

Bethesda have done it with a few games already, as has EA with SoM, so why not Ubisoft? My guess is the minimum spec will play at 1080p, 60fps, Ultra graphics settings. Recommended will be for 4K or something equally ridiculous.

I'm starting to get suspicious that publishers are striking deals with hardware manufacturers to over inflate their minimum specs. Bring on the conspiracy theories!"

I stand by this. I think people with weaker systems will still be able to play at lower graphics settings. If not, it'll be modded until they can.

AC4 was barely playable on even better hardware. My 7970 occasionally chugged in jungle areas on ultra, which is just sad. I would not put it past Ubisoft to release such a shit port that it really can only run well on top of the line hardware.

So entitled. Why does Ubisoft have to spend so much effort getting the game to run the way you like it when chances are you are gonna pay for the game at a discounted rate. Its not like Ubisoft gets any money from your fancy specs. Run it in medium, it only hurt for a second.

It's not about being entitled. When a top-of-the-line graphics card cannot run a game without lag, there's a problem with optomization, not to mention all the bugs that existed in the PC version.

There is nothing wrong or entitled about calling a company out on shitty optomization. 

Not to mention, I paid $59.99 for Black Flag, thank you very much.

Oh all right...

But that CPU intensive lifelike AI though.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

Ok. I think you've made it clear that you argue for arguing sake.

Around the Network
green_sky said:
bananaking21 said:
Seriously? My gt660 cant even run this game? Bullshit ubisoft

It will but just in case it doesn't run well and is buggy mess. They can always hide behind the settings. 

ubisoft seem hell bent on gimping every version of this game. i wont be spending a penny on it, my brother seems certain to get it, but i wont put any of my money on it. 

I'll be getting this game on PS4. I think you should do the same, as Ubisoft games are just better on consoles.

Hynad said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

Ok. I think you've made it clear that you argue for arguing sake.

That's not arguing thats actual trolling. There is a difference. Notice the flippant tone, the first two words passing off Vance's concerns as "Entitled". The elaborate defense of ubisoft. 

Please, Obvious Joke should be obvious.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

wow the good think its every PC super,mega ultra, ultimate master race have a pc recommended for this game nothing to worry .. lol lol

ExplodingBlock said:

news flash

ubisoft is being lazy with pc versions

And you know what might happen after.

They do to the PC what they did for Nintendo. 

I wont surprise in the future that they will start to remove DLC or to stop makind PC gaming saying that PC gamers do not like this style of game.