By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ubisoft is just being lazy with the PC version of AC Unity

VanceIX said:
GTAexpert said:
I'll be getting this game on PS4. I think you should do the same, as Ubisoft games are just better on consoles.

I probably won't get the game at all any time soon, but yeah, that's what I will probably end up doing when it gets cheap. Hell, I won't even buy it new, I'll just buy it used on Craigslist. Ubisoft won't be getting any of my $$$.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
VanceIX said:
GTAexpert said:
I'll be getting this game on PS4. I think you should do the same, as Ubisoft games are just better on consoles.

I probably won't get the game at all any time soon, but yeah, that's what I will probably end up doing when it gets cheap. Hell, I won't even buy it new, I'll just buy it used on Craigslist. Ubisoft won't be getting any of my $$$.

Hell yeah, Ubisoft best be quaking in their boots! They lost one whole consumer >:D!

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

PC is just such a low priority for AAA devs these days, and that really annoys me. No platform royalties on PC after all. Just get a functioning port and push it out to make a quick extra buck.

"Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

-Samuel Clemens

VanceIX said:

Really, Ubisoft? Is your game so horribly optomized that it requires (at MINIMUM) a god damn Radeon 7970 (a very high end GPU) to run? This is just bullshit, and I am seriously pissed off at Ubisoft right now. First they gimped the PS4 version, now they release a completely unoptimized PC port? Did they learn nothing from Watch Dogs and AC4?

Very much considering boycotting this game, as much as I love Assassin's Creed. This kind of shit from developers should not be tolerated, period.

Minimum PC Specs:

• Intel Core i5-2500K @ 3.3 GHz or AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz or AMD Phenom II x4 940 @ 3.0 GHz processor
  • 6 GB RAM
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 or AMD Radeon HD 7970 (2 GB VRAM) video card

Recommended PC Specs:

• Intel Core i7-3770 @ 3.4 GHz or AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz or better processor
  • 8 GB RAM
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 or AMD Radeon R9 290X (3 GB VRAM) video card

Yea, it's a total joke. Frankly I am not paying for another Ubisoft game again untill they either;

a) start porting games properly

b) stop lying about specs. I have a feeling this will be another "Oh, runs at 60 fps 1080p with a 750".

Sentient_Nebula said:
PC is just such a low priority for AAA devs these days, and that really annoys me. No platform royalties on PC after all. Just get a functioning port and push it out to make a quick extra buck.

The moronic bit is that the PC market is worth twice as much as the console market which is obvious because how many teenagers can afford to blow $3000 on some watercooled beast of a machine, or even just $800 on a entry gaming rig. Devs needs to look at Star Citizen and realise that if the game is good enough, PC owners can afford (and do) to sink hundreds, if not thousands of pounds into it.

Around the Network
zero129 said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
VanceIX said:
Scoobes said:
I put this in the other thread:

"I call overinflated bullshit.

Bethesda have done it with a few games already, as has EA with SoM, so why not Ubisoft? My guess is the minimum spec will play at 1080p, 60fps, Ultra graphics settings. Recommended will be for 4K or something equally ridiculous.

I'm starting to get suspicious that publishers are striking deals with hardware manufacturers to over inflate their minimum specs. Bring on the conspiracy theories!"

I stand by this. I think people with weaker systems will still be able to play at lower graphics settings. If not, it'll be modded until they can.

AC4 was barely playable on even better hardware. My 7970 occasionally chugged in jungle areas on ultra, which is just sad. I would not put it past Ubisoft to release such a shit port that it really can only run well on top of the line hardware.

So entitled. Why does Ubisoft have to spend so much effort getting the game to run the way you like it when chances are you are gonna pay for the game at a discounted rate. Its not like Ubisoft gets any money from your fancy specs. Run it in medium, it only hurt for a second.

Well releasing shitty ports and for modders to fix your problems is a great way to get the PC community to support your next releases .

But good job there talking for every PC user and assumming they all just buy their games on sale, so does all console users buy their games preowned and when they lower in price too??.

Should thank Ubisoft for giving them plenty todo. 

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

VanceIX said:
andrewclear said:
OttoniBastos said:
most devs are lazy with pc port.They assume people can improve their hardware if the game is not running well.

Ubi is the king of lazy ports though....

Not to mention, that the console market is where the moeny is (mobile is about to pass that).  PC sales aren't even close to console sales for these games.  So, why do they care about the quality of their port?  Also, many of the die hard PC Gamers, have a game rig that could support this (or so, that is what they believe).

Me, I am a console man.  Much cheeper over the long haul.

Um yeah, no. PC sales are fine. Or have you not heard about games like Star Citizen and Witcher? If a dev properly optomizes for PC, gamers will buy their game.

Every game is Star Citizen, huh?

It is a fact, that the console market is where the majority of the revenue for gaming resides.  Also, Mobile is about to surpass the console market at number 1.  Where does that live PC?  At a nice, comfortable, 3rd.

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
VanceIX said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
VanceIX said:
Scoobes said:
I put this in the other thread:

"I call overinflated bullshit.

Bethesda have done it with a few games already, as has EA with SoM, so why not Ubisoft? My guess is the minimum spec will play at 1080p, 60fps, Ultra graphics settings. Recommended will be for 4K or something equally ridiculous.

I'm starting to get suspicious that publishers are striking deals with hardware manufacturers to over inflate their minimum specs. Bring on the conspiracy theories!"

I stand by this. I think people with weaker systems will still be able to play at lower graphics settings. If not, it'll be modded until they can.

AC4 was barely playable on even better hardware. My 7970 occasionally chugged in jungle areas on ultra, which is just sad. I would not put it past Ubisoft to release such a shit port that it really can only run well on top of the line hardware.

So entitled. Why does Ubisoft have to spend so much effort getting the game to run the way you like it when chances are you are gonna pay for the game at a discounted rate. Its not like Ubisoft gets any money from your fancy specs. Run it in medium, it only hurt for a second.

It's not about being entitled. When a top-of-the-line graphics card cannot run a game without lag, there's a problem with optomization, not to mention all the bugs that existed in the PC version.

There is nothing wrong or entitled about calling a company out on shitty optomization. 

Not to mention, I paid $59.99 for Black Flag, thank you very much.

Oh all right...

But that CPU intensive lifelike AI though.

Most AI is now being sent the the GPU, because it can be processed in parrallel, allowing for faster processing of AI.