By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mewtwo is on his way to Smash

5+ months to make one character who was already in a previous game, seriously?

Around the Network

Oh hell yes! Mewtwo is awesome in Project M and I can't wait to see how he plays on Smash U.

tbone51 said:
the_dengle said:
Most likely it will be available for purchase for single-version owners. It was only stated it would be a free download for owners of both versions.

I dont get how people dontsee this. it was nevered stated "Mewtwo only Dwnloadable through both version purchases" :-/

Something something I have a right to be cynical and therefore willfully ignorant because DLC something something

tbone51 said:
Ljink96 said:
I don't think they'll stop here. I wonder how Roy and Pichu feel. The only Melee guys left out. Young link is basically Toon Link now. Maybe Roy will return.

Roy i wouldn't mind if they use him more between Ike and Marth, Pichu is a pikachu thats a handicap. The only character in the franchise thats a waste imo. Hw do you bring bback him and Young Link?

Young Link completely different Moveset, maybe based off the Mask

Pichu as Plusle+Minun. That way its actually relevant

Of course Plusle and Minun would crash the 3DS like the Ice Climbers did. Young Link should definitely be based off of the Masks in Majora's Mask. He could turn into each of the 3 characters as skins which lead to different movesets. Also, the fierce Deity Link would be his smash. It's amazing that smash has so much potential even though it is already showing so much. Roy could easily work if they look back at the Binding Blade and fork out the attacks.

Einsam_Delphin said:

Its not as simply as you make it sound and they cant import the model, its done from scratch. Also its not the only thing releasing in 2015, they have other things as well (tourney online mode+Miiverse Stge for example

Around the Network
JazzB1987 said:

I think its kinda sad that one of the only "thank yous" for having both versions is 1 character that will release next year lol.

Having all 3DS stages on WiiU (for offline play only) would have been something awesome. But I guess Mewtwo is better than nothing.

You also get a soundtrack (with 36 songs, I think) of the 3DS and Wii U versions of the game via Club Nintendo.

tbone51 said:

I dont get how people dontsee this. it was nevered stated "Mewtwo only Dwnloadable through both version purchases" :-/

Because it also doesn't say "Mewtwo can be purchased as DLC for those without both versions".

"On my business card I am a corporate president. In my mind I am a game developer. But in my heart I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

BraveNewWorld said:
tbone51 said:

Because it also doesn't say "Mewtwo can be purchased as DLC for those without both versions".

I would say the main reason they don't say that is so they can get people to buy both versions anyway.

tbone51 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

Its not as simply as you make it sound and they cant import the model, its done from scratch. Also its not the only thing releasing in 2015, they have other things as well (tourney online mode+Miiverse Stge for example

Yeah, even more stuff that should of been out of the box! Thank goodness for DLC n patches otherwise we'd have another MK7 on our hands!

tbone51 said:
vivster said:
TheKingofRedLions said:

Mewtwo has been announced to be joining Smash but he won't be availble until spring of next year and only to people who buy both versions

are you excited?

do you think we will get more characters?

Is this for real? If so the that's the worst implementation of DLC I've seen so far. To think that something like that comes from Nintendo.

Yeah, because its guaranteed you cant get him by paying DLC right? Its just a bonus for those who purchased both games. calm down

I remember a time when DLC was something bad and Nintendo were the saints who didn't stoop so low.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.