By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mewtwo is on his way to Smash

noname2200 said:

I'm picturing you struggling to get through anything more complicated than a Stephenie Meyer novel. "Wait, so there was a blank space at the end of this sentence, and then a blank space in front of the next one. Clearly this means the two are unrelated. And this pattern continues for the whole book! And they said the short story is a dying art form..."

If that sounds belittling, it's because it was meant to be. Here, let me spell it out for you in even simpler language. There is no need to separate the first and second paragraph, because they are peices of the same idea. I'd ask you to go back and read them with this revolutionary concept in mind, but my ever-so-cynical self leaves me willfully ignorant to any possibility beyond you screwing up the job entirely, so I present to you, without any pauses whatsoever, a single (run on) sentence to break down the complicated concept for you.

"The Game Industry is doing more and more anti-consumer bullshit that has conditioned people to be cautious about stuff like this and while it's very unlikely that buying both versions will be the only way to get Mewtwo Nintendo should have taken the five seconds it would take to clarify the situation but instead I suspect they didn't because they're either incompetent or trying to mislead people into buying both versions when they don't have to and that's a dick move."

I apologize for using words that are more than five letters in length, but it's late, no one else seems to have had problems understanding me, and I don't really care that much: I'm only really responding because you were a snide ass who missed a simple point and thus gave me an excuse to be an ass in turn. And I rarely pass on such a chance.

Anyway, I apologize for taking such an "absurd position" due to my "impatience" and "cynicism" and "willful ignorance" and "inattention" and anger and, I don't know, constipation or some shit. Feel free to get in the last word - you know you want to - because I've had my fun and am now done with you. Have fun!

I wasn't being snide or an ass but I am certainly reconsidering that decision now.

So, you won't take the bet then?

Around the Network

Everyone wanted him, and Nintendo accepted it.

And nothing is free.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

RIP Project M

nice

the_dengle said:

I wasn't being snide or an ass

Assuming you're being honest, then I apologize. But I do feel compelled to point out that your posts really read like they have an ample share of both. The omitted portions of this post alone certainly don't help. Whatever, moving on.

noname2200 said:
the_dengle said:

I wasn't being snide or an ass

Assuming you're being honest, then I apologize. But I do feel compelled to point out that your posts really read like they have an ample share of both. The omitted portions of this post alone certainly don't help. Whatever, moving on.

I'm sorry I gave that impression. But I think people are being unreasonable due to cynicism, and when you talk about having been "conditioned" to expect scummy DLC practices, you are not disproving my opinion.

I consider a bet an easy, frustration-free way to end a conflict. Two people agree to disagree, and put their argument on hold to resolve itself in due time. Seems to save some headaches, except in the cases where people feel the need to keep reminding their opponent about the bet, and digging their nails in constantly... defeating the purpose of making the bet in the first place... which happens a lot.

Around the Network
JazzB1987 said:

I think its kinda sad that one of the only "thank yous" for having both versions is 1 character that will release next year lol.

Having all 3DS stages on WiiU (for offline play only) would have been something awesome. But I guess Mewtwo is better than nothing.

you also get 2 full soundtrack cds....

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~
Jranation said:
Everyone wanted him, and Nintendo accepted it.

And nothing is free.

no but much less demanded characters made it into the initial $60 purchase...

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

tbone51 said:
the_dengle said:
Most likely it will be available for purchase for single-version owners. It was only stated it would be a free download for owners of both versions.

I dont get how people dontsee this. it was nevered stated "Mewtwo only Dwnloadable through both version purchases" :-/

Well it can't all be perfect, of course. We must find something to bitch about. :rollseyes:

Like I said before, I'm so happy to see that Mewtwo is coming back!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Cool :D nothing wrong with more characters

3DS FC# 4553-9947-9017 NNID: Bajablo

Torn-City - MMO text based RPG, join me! :)