By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Who else hated the Godfather?

lol i just watch some of it on cable and it was like 4 hours long

Around the Network

Wait a second, he doesn't like Scarface or Monty Python either?

I don't know what to say...

Nah. He was kidding about not liking Scarface, Monty Python, etc. but not liking Scarface?! I hoped that he meant the video game.

coolestguyever, I'm going to have to ask you to change your username. Not liking The Godfather? Not cool, dude. Not cool.

@ fkusumot:

Brooks was here in Shawshank Redemption. One of my favourite movies of all time! I've seen it at least three times. And I'm 16, not 13.

Scarface was brutal though, Its another movie I couldn't even finish. Half the movie is him sitting in his hot tub doing nothing.

Like it starts off great with a cool shooting scene in the hotel, but it friggin goes downhill from there.

As for Monty Python is concerned, the only funny part is when the guard gets all his limbs cut off and keeps fighting. The rest is lame humour.

Around the Network

*reads above post* *dies*

I hope you're happy, coolestguyever. Because of your reckless hatred of Scarface, and Godfather, I'm dead. Thank goodness there's internet in Heaven. Heaven's the one with the lake of fire, right?

^^

That is correct. It is hell with the surplus of fire.

I didn't like Scarface either. A big Yawn if you ask me. I think alot of people who like it are wannabe gangsters. AKA rappers. I haven't seen The Godfather yet. I have no intrest in it. Marlon Brando WTF! Titanic is a great movie... if you are watching it with a girl.

The Godfather part 1 & 2 are classics. I love them (part 2 even more than part 1), but it's absolutely okay, if someone does not like them. This is a free world.

Part 3 is absolutely neglectable and completely dominated by Pacino's ridiculous overacting. This movie is only owed to Coppola's wish to build on his own monument (and to the need to make money).

But on the other hand:
I think Francis F. would be happy if he managed to do a movie with the mere mediocre quality of Godfather part 3 today. He should stick to winemaking and some future day he'll die of heart attack while playing tag with his grandson in the vines...An italo-american life fulfilled.

Scorsese at times was also in danger of admiring the mobsters too much, but I think he never forgot to distinguish between myth and reality. That's why retrospectively he will be seen as a way better director than Coppola or De Palma.

My dad does that, if a film doesn't impress him in the first 10 minutes he will turn it of. It's bad really, I have to watch a film the whole way through to see if it gets better. For example, I didn't like be kind rewind until the last 20 minutes, which made me think the film was very good.

juno had the same problem, it wasn't until things started to get f**ked up towards the end that it got interesting.

Seriously stories are designed to have a begining, middle and end and if you cut one out it wont be good