By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Who else hated the Godfather?

The Godfather was one of the worst movies I have ever seen. I actually didn't finish it because it was so long and boring. The thing that bothers me is it got amazing ratings from critics.

I wanna know what you thought of it?

Around the Network

it also won best movie 2 times

You are in no place to judge a movie you didn't watch the whole way through IMO.

Yes in a way your right SeriousWB, but doesn't the fact I hated it so much I coudn't sit throught it mean anything?

Like even if it has the best ending in the history of movies, it means nothing if you can't stand to wait till the ending.

I thought the first movie was great! Loved the game too!

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits
Around the Network

It's one of the best movies ever made.

Why?

Superb acting, story (I thank Mario Puzo for that), music, dialogue, ...

I don't see what one can't like about it. I believe you watched the movie with certain expectations that weren't met.

The book, although filled with useless segments, is far better though and provide much more backstory and detail. You may want to try it instead...

Quick question: Do you hate most movies that are older than you are?

It's a 35-year old film. The way movies are made has changed a lot. What was groundbreaking in the early 70s won't be appreciated by somebody who's used to 21st century pacing and cinematography.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

It received amazing reviews from critics because it is an amazing film. Legendary, in fact.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

I don't hate movies that are older than me.

I like a lot of old movies, I just didn't like this one.

well so far I'm on my own here. Seems most people like it.