By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Who else hated the Godfather?

The Godfather has some of the best movie endings out there so go back and finish it.

Think twice before helping a friend in need.

Around the Network
coolestguyever said:

The Godfather was one of the worst movies I have ever seen. I actually didn't finish it because it was so long and boring. The thing that bothers me is it got amazing ratings from critics.

I wanna know what you thought of it?

You also called a Shin Megami game shovelware and didn't like Ico.

I think you just have bad taste. 

The Godfather is probably the greatest movie ever made. Anybody can appreciate its excellent story, great acting, and being all around perfect.
You might like Part 2 though, from what I remember there was a bit more action in it. Since I watched the movies sequentially, I can't distinguish between them now.

Are you serious ?? :S, maybe one of the best movies ever made ... but also the second one is amazing
one of my favourite movies .... the first two and also among my favourite books

-- Live only for tomorrow, and you will have a lot of empty yesterdays today--

Tavin:  "Old school megaman is THE BEST megaman"      courtesy of fkusumot :)

My mind has changed. My strength has not.    Kamahl, Fist of Krosa

It's pretty unanimously revered, and for good reason. Everything about it screams quality.

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

Around the Network

wow...i may have to kill you

<----- the avatar says it all

Kasz216 said:
coolestguyever said:

The Godfather was one of the worst movies I have ever seen. I actually didn't finish it because it was so long and boring. The thing that bothers me is it got amazing ratings from critics.

I wanna know what you thought of it?

You also called a Shin Megami game shovelware and didn't like Ico.

I think you just have bad taste. 

Wow thanks for reminding me that this was the same person as that thread creator Kasz. 

Yea, coolestguyever, you just have really bad taste T_T

One of the greats for sure. It's a story and character-driven film, not a mindless sensory bombardment. I shudder to think how The Godfather would have turned out if made today with someone like Michael Bay directing(not necessarily saying he's bad, I enjoyed The Island).

"I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself."

coolestguyever said:

It's like you're a complete joke poster now. Either that or you have the most craptastic taste in the world and you're not afraid to admit it, which is very brave. Looking through your post history the evidence tends to suggest both. I guess the jury is still out on this one.