By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Who else hated the Godfather?

It was ok nothing that really made me want to see it again.

Around the Network

Hey why won't coolestguyever tell us what movie he does like? Tell us please.

Well, didn't really hate it, just didn't get what all the fuss was about. I thought it wasn't such a great movie at all. Or movies. 

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Astrodust said:
Hey why won't coolestguyever tell us what movie he does like? Tell us please.

I betcha it stars Jim Varney or Larry the Cable Guy!

The kid is 16... he probably thinks Pokemon is the best movie EVAR!

Older movies use to be filmed a lot slower, many great movies like Deer Hunter, the excorcist, 2001 a space odyssey etc. would be passed over by todays viewers as they are all very slow paced movies. Given time you may realize that your tastes in movies change. You'll probably go back and watch some of the great films and realize you were wrong with your initial impression.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Around the Network
DarkNight_DS said:
The kid is 16... he probably thinks Pokemon is the best movie EVAR!

Older movies use to be filmed a lot slower, many great movies like Deer Hunter, the excorcist, 2001 a space odyssey etc. would be passed over by todays viewers as they are all very slow paced movies. Given time you may realize that your tastes in movies change. You'll probably go back and watch some of the great films and realize you were wrong with your initial impression.

This is absolutely true, I'm afraid. Once, when I left the cinema after watching the brilliant L.A. Confidential (runtime 138 min), I heard a teenage girl saying "Boring and too long. They could have told the whole story in 30 minutes".

I have never been able to finish this movie either.

okr said:
The Godfather part 1 & 2 are classics. I love them (part 2 even more than part 1), but it's absolutely okay, if someone does not like them. This is a free world.

I wouldn't think it is absolutely okay. I would say it points to a withered sensibility and the inability to appreciate good art. That poor soul would not be the person who you asked for a movie recommendation. CllstGyEvr is free to flaunt his stunted aesthetic sense to whomever and wherever he wants but I would wonder why he would do that and what type of reaction he would expect. If he's doing it merely to provoke negative attention then he's almost surely using honed knives and built up other defenses for a Praxis Internvention Rendition Fight. It could get ugly.

redspear said:
I have never been able to finish this movie either.

You're fine, redspear. you're free to like whatever you want. Coolestguyever......never look at me again. NEVER!!

CllstGyuEvrkr said:
The Godfather part 1 & 2 are classics. but it's absolutely okay, if someone does not like them. \

Praxis intervention method focuses on what happens to attitudes. In normal situations it can be helping the community participants to undertake a systematic soul-searching-introspection for themselves in the areas such as history of their social relationships, Video Game Ownership Patterns, critically exploring gender relations, studying the ecological changes happening in their habitat, learning historically and comparatively on their health status, nutrition status etc. The research undertook by the local residents can be converted into social actions or welfare projects.

The quite interesting final test is the viewing of the Francis Ford Coppola movie "The Godfather 1 & 2". The subjects watch the movies taped to a lounge chair. After viewing they have two hours to confer with their peers and teacher, and then 6 hours to write a ten+ page essay on a teacher approved subject. Interetesting results of the test so far indicate all men mention the "Kiss of Death" scene at Batista's New Years Eves Party and the assassination of Sonny at the Parkway toolbooth. Woman never fail to mention the Divorce/Abortion Revelation Scene and the Scene where Kay is dropping off the kids.The Program so far has been a huge success and we are looking toward to the future with the though that we will be able to grow and help many more sad-souls like these.