By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Who else hated the Godfather?

fkusumot said:

Apparently the incidence of ADD/ADHD is increasing. It's also seems likely that it is hereditary.

Too long, didn't read.

Around the Network

I too hate film with any cultural merit. I mean, why can't more people watch classics like Battlefield Earth, Gigli, From Justin to Kelly, Freddy Got Fingered, The Adventures of Pluto Nash, White Chicks, The Master of Disguise, 3 Ninjas: High Noon at Mega Mountain, Jaws: The Revenge, Caddyshack 2, Basic Instinct 2, Spice World, Kazaam, Ishtar, and Soul Plane?

R9 5950x - RTX 3090 - Odyssey G9

Innovalias said:

I too hate film with any cultural merit. I mean, why can't more people watch classics like Battlefield Earth, Gigli, From Justin to Kelly, Freddy Got Fingered, The Adventures of Pluto Nash, White Chicks, The Master of Disguise, 3 Ninjas: High Noon at Mega Mountain, Jaws: The Revenge, Caddyshack 2, Basic Instinct 2, Spice World, Kazaam, Ishtar, and Soul Plane?

I know you are being Sarcastic but there isn't much cultural merit to The Godfather. It is a very influential film though one that did help bring about the 70's film style but even then it is one of many. I am of the Opinion that most Leone films had a stronger impact with that regard.

Films with Cultural Merits I would suggest 12 Angry Men, Dr Strange Love, To Sir With Love, even the 70s version of Invasion of the Body Snatchers although the Original one also had Cultural merit. If you mean artistic Merit than may I introduce you to almost any Felini or Kubrick film(OK OK not Barry Lyndon). Citizen Kane has both even though that is a movie I am not particularily fond of(The pteradactyls flying in the background was great though) that is definitely a movie which can make that claim. The Godfather is influentual and while it has spawned and inspired many good movies that came later the movies themselves leave much to be desired IMO.

redspear said:
Innovalias said:

I know you are being Sarcastic but there isn't much cultural merit to The Godfather. It is a very influential film though one that did help bring about the 70's film style but even then it is one of many. I am of the Opinion that most Leone films had a stronger impact with that regard.

Films with Cultural Merits I would suggest 12 Angry Men, Dr Strange Love, To Sir With Love, even the 70s version of Invasion of the Body Snatchers although the Original one also had Cultural merit. If you mean artistic Merit than may I introduce you to almost any Felini or Kubrick film(OK OK not Barry Lyndon). Citizen Kane has both even though that is a movie I am not particularily fond of(The pteradactyls flying in the background was great though) that is definitely a movie which can make that claim. The Godfather is influentual and while it has spawned and inspired many good movies that came later the movies themselves leave much to be desired IMO.

It depends on what you deem cultural merit. Regardless of one's opinion of the film, the pop culture impact it has had can't be denied.

R9 5950x - RTX 3090 - Odyssey G9

vaio said:
expect a horses head in your bed

Classic

Another great movie I like is Blood in Blood out. But still Godfather is a great movie. Watch Godfather 2!!

Around the Network
Alasted said:
fkusumot said:

Apparently the incidence of ADD/ADHD is increasing. It's also seems likely that it is hereditary.

tl;dr

fixed