By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Is Destiny PS4 Bundle Most Successful Ever?

cutzman25 said:
I dont know a single person who bought that bundle, did it sell well? I still see them on shelves

It sold over 300k in the US last month

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Anyhow... its a no

Kinect bundle sold millions more.

10 million in 4 months I believe.

I dunno about most successful, but it's certainly in the top 5 of all time!

How was Wii Sports 'free' and somehow different than other titles? I'm a bit confused on that.
Sure it was only available as a bundle in the west, but in Japan it was only available as a purchase.

Wii Sports wasnt even free because we dont know the actual Wii price without Wii Sports except for Japan..

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Around the Network

The Destiny Bundle looks excellent, and almost tempted me to an impulse buy a couple times - more for the white PS4 than the game. But it's no where close to the "most successful bundle" of all time. It's probably sold a few hundred thousand units or maybe a million when all is said and done. The NES Action set or Super Set were massive back in the day and sold millions of copies. The SNES bundle with SMW was big, as were Sonic bundle on the Genesis. There have been many more big successes since then, heck I would bet the Last of Us PS3 bundle sold more than Destiny PS4. And of course the Wii Sports bundle is far and away the biggest bundle regardless of whether you want to dismiss it for an arbitrary reason. The NSMBWii bundle also did pretty good.

kowenicki said:
Cant count Wii sports as it was free....

but can count Destiny bundled as free.

Logical.

Destiny wasn't free though :p It cost $450 rather than the standard $400.

OT: It's certainly one of the most successful promotional game bundles ever, but it's top of the bundle list. I'm sure Sony are pretty happy though.

NiKKoM said:

Probably Nes Action set

don't think any of my friends bought the control deck set

My first Nintendo was the action set!  Then my brother and I would play so much that the system would burn out almost annually, so we would get a control deck every Easter (for some reason we did presents on Easter...) to replace it with.

kowenicki said:
bubblegamer said:
I dunno about most successful, but it's certainly in the top 5 of all time!

Possibly, but I can name 3 without even thinking too hard that did more.

GT3

Wii Sports

Kinect

Agreed, well except for the Wii Sports one! That one came at no extra cost.

Zekkyou said:
kowenicki said:
Cant count Wii sports as it was free....

but can count Destiny bundled as free.

Logical.

Destiny wasn't free though :p It cost $450 rather than the standard $400.

OT: It's certainly one of the most successful promotional game bundles ever, but it's top of the bundle list. I'm sure Sony are pretty happy though.

us and europe

is wasnt free in the us, but free in europe