By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Is Destiny PS4 Bundle Most Successful Ever?

if everything else i had wasnt black, its a sexy machine, also a 1TB hd shouldnt be that hard to make a standard.

Around the Network
jlmurph2 said:
bigjon said:
jlmurph2 said:
bigjon said:
I should have said optional console bundle. Because that was my intent.

Still nope. Mario Kart Wii bundle and Kinect bundle. You had a choice of buying the lower costing Xbox 360 Slim or the Slim + Kinect. Then Kinect won a Guiness world record for how fast it sold.

but that was not a game. i mean by Kinect 2 was sold as a bundle also, and many people still buy that version. 

My god. I need to be clearer.

Most successful option game+console bundle ever.

Hardware is a different animal.

Kinect Adventures

Any other goalposts?

Kinect Adventures was free. You should have quit while you were ahead.

I am laughing about this post now, I really should have said what I was think instead of leaving it so open ended.

I was referring Game bundles, that were not a free game (essentially not counting pack ins). I think someone else said it best. Promotional game/console bundles.

And I think Destiny is the most successful ever in that category.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

bigjon said:
jlmurph2 said:
bigjon said:

but that was not a game. i mean by Kinect 2 was sold as a bundle also, and many people still buy that version. 

Kinect Adventures

Any other goalposts?

I am laughing about this post now, I really should have said what I was think instead of leaving it so open ended.

I was referring Game bundles, that were not a free game (essentially not counting pack ins). I think someone else said it best. Promotional game/console bundles.

Its a game that came with Kinect that cost more money than the console by itself. You're trying to work around everything to make it seem like Destiny is the biggest bundle ever. What about Mario Kart Wii then? Or was that a free game too?

jlmurph2 said:
bigjon said:
jlmurph2 said:
bigjon said:

Kinect Adventures

Any other goalposts?

Its a game that came with Kinect that cost more money than the console by itself. You're trying to work around everything to make it seem like Destiny is the biggest bundle ever. What about Mario Kart Wii then? Or was that a free game too?

you know what I meant !!!! No one was buying Kinect Adventures in mass outisde of the fact it was packed in. Destiny sold MILLIONS aside from the bundle which sold a spectalur amount of PS4s. Kinect Adventures was not moving that bundle, it was the packed in hardware.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

bigjon said:
jlmurph2 said:

you know what I meant !!!! No one was buying Kinect Adventures in mass outisde of the fact it was packed in. Destiny sold MILLIONS aside from the bundle which sold a spectalur amount of PS4s. Kinect Adventures was not moving that bundle, it was the packed in hardware.

Wii Sports is an argument for how the Wii sold so well. Why isn't Kinect Adventures seen the same way?