By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What do people around you think about the wii?

obviously though, the wii is going to go the way of that gimmick DS that nintendo made =))))))))))))))))

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network

All the people who have tried the Wii I have liked it, but I don't think any have bought it yet.

I know of one person who shares a Wii with her boyfriend (they sold it to her cousin before Christmas for the same price thye paid for it, and bought a new one recently) they also share an X-box 360.
I know another girl whose brother has a Wii.

So I don't really know enough people with the other consoles. (nor many with Wiis either)

i love my wii there are so many games i want this year how can anyone hate the wii.

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

Well of my friends, i know at least 8ish that own only a 360; and of course they say bad things about the Wii cause they're 360 fanboys. they used to be Sony fanboys but they're cheap bastards and won't spend the cash on a PS3.

I have 1 friend with all 3 consoles, and he says his wii collects dust. He mostly plays 360, but hes a HUGE fan of MGS so he'll spend a lot of time on MGS4 on the PS3.

I have 1 friend whose only console is the wii and he likes it. His favourite game (don't ask me why) is NFS Pro Street. He says hes getting Brawl soon. I think he also has SMG, and maybe RE4.

I think there is a good point in here that Wii's more hardcore stuff doesn't get advertised (with a few exception) so for your casual hardcore gamer (one who loves hardcore games but only collects casually) they miss it and don't no whats out or coming out.

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."

Your theories are the worst kind of popular tripe, your methods are sloppy, and your conclusions are highly questionable! You are a poor scientist. Especially if you think the moon landing was faked.

ioi + 1
Around the Network

@Sherlock:

Well, some people are ignorant and want nothing to do with Nintendo because they think they suck and are kiddy. That is how 95% of my school views Nintendo. All I ever hear people talk about at my school are FPS's. and everytime that happens (2-3 times a day) I feel like I'm stuck in a room with a bunch of ignorant idots.

Note: not all people who only play FPS's are ignorant idiots, just the people at my school are.

If you own a Wii or a DS you're gay, if you own a PS3 you're stupid.
If you own a PSP or Xbox 360 you're cool.

That's how it goes in my school.

cool48 said:
If you own a Wii or a DS you're gay, if you own a PS3 you're stupid.
If you own a PSP or Xbox 360 you're cool.

That's how it goes in my school.

For a minute I thought the last sentence was going to say "Thats how I roll"

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."

Your theories are the worst kind of popular tripe, your methods are sloppy, and your conclusions are highly questionable! You are a poor scientist. Especially if you think the moon landing was faked.

ioi + 1

^That is ridiculous!

A lot of this depends on age and gender and experience. The typical male 15-24 who plays a lot of shooter games is going to be board of the Wii. Someone with a lot of different tastes will play it some. Older and non-traditional gamers will love it (that's me in the last two categories.)

For example, I was in a game store and the and the 20-something sales drone said to me "I play my 360 more but I love my Wii." (He also indicated he didn't like the PS3). But remember, those game stores are targeted toward heavier use gamers. So in the US, X360 gets a lot of play.

But go to Wal-Mart, the Wii and X360 have about the same number of games and PS3 has 25 percent less. Or Toys R Us, there Wii has the most, Xbox 75-80% of that and PS3 20-25% (This is why I don't trust NPD numbers, because the bigger Wii-tailors are not included -- but I digress).

There are some people whose consoles languish. Right now, I have over 30 consoles (including some early home computers that dobuled as game machines) that I am not playing ... for my Wii. But at other times, I have played my Xbox and PS2 extenisvely, or my GBA, or my Dreamcast, or my SNES, or my NES, or my Intellivision (waiting for my new game to arrive for it).

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV