By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What do people around you think about the wii?

I don't know why I'm arguing my co-workers point but they think it's great for parties but since they never have parties it sucks. So basiclly no games for loners. - agian their argument not mine as I think there are plenty.

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."

Your theories are the worst kind of popular tripe, your methods are sloppy, and your conclusions are highly questionable! You are a poor scientist. Especially if you think the moon landing was faked.

ioi + 1
Around the Network

hahaa. the school that thinks you're cool if you have a psp. now thats funny! i feel sorry for anyone that shelled out the money for a psp.

for some reason nintendo is not seen as being cool with teenages/college-aged kids who think they themselves are cool. as if nintendo isn't cool enough for them. probably because they just think violence is cool and so a system that doesn't focus on violent games is gay.

i love my wii, my roommate loves his 360 and doesn't like the wii. i've noticed people like i said above people who only plays games they think are looked at as "cool" like fps don't even try the wii and think its for kids. but all my friends (besides my roommate) and family who i've ever seen play the wii absolutely loves it. heck, my dad and older brother and a friend of mine all had me find them a wii about a year ago after they played wii sports on mine. and that friend just moved out of his family's house and his sister wants a wii and his dad wants his own wii so he can play guitar hero. generally the people who don't think of themselves as being "too cool" to play the wii, which are basically the sports/violence only gamers, seems to absolutely love it once they play it.

end of '08 predictions: wii - 43 million,  360 - 25 million, ps3 - 20 million

Games I've beat recently: Super Mario Galaxy, Knights of the Old Republic, Shadow of the Collossus

Proud owner of wii, gamecube, xbox, ps2, dreamcast, n64, snes, genesis, 3DO, nes, atari, intellivision, unisonic tournament 2000, and gameboy

Everyone I know hates the wii, they dont think its a gimmick, they think its a joke. I wont continue posting since it may seem offensive to other users on the site.

edit: (Dont even talk about the DS, they say your a homo for brining it to school..Completely oppisite for the psp though)

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

It's alright to play but it just looks so bad on my TV(40" Bravia). I just bought component cables(480p) to help it look better but it makes almost no difference. Is there a reason it looks so bad on my TV?

first only 3 peoples on my city (that I knew) used to like WII. I, my brother and one cousin.
After wii hav bought a WII and showed to some friends, now everybody seems to love WII...

www.cuidar.com.br

Around the Network

I think people dislike the wii because there are more casual games on the system. They seem to think that all the games on a console should be violent or it sucks.

I remeber when I was in middle school and all the kids "didn't watch cartoons because they were too old for that and too cool." Anyway for some reason people especially in highschool are so desprite to seperate them selves from there age they refuse to accept anything that could be precieved as for there age or lower. So then they try to get what adults have and xbox has the most adult games.

Also I still watch cartoon and that is also what I do for a living (not watching making).

Your theories are the worst kind of popular tripe, your methods are sloppy, and your conclusions are highly questionable! You are a poor scientist. Especially if you think the moon landing was faked.

ioi + 1

Most people I know have or want a 360, I know 2 with a Wii, and no one with a PS3. Most of my friends want and love all the consoles. Except 2, one is a huge Nintendo fanboy (talk about halo for a second and he will go ape s**t on you) and the other one hates sony with a passion.

Gamertag: KillswitchTris PSN ID: KsET665 Wii Friend Code: 8415 6393 6330 0940 (PM me if you add me)
Feel Free To Add Me Tag: LISMDK - Extremely bad taste in music
zackblue said:
Everyone I know hates the wii, they dont think its a gimmick, they think its a joke. I wont continue posting since it may seem offensive to other users on the site.

edit: (Dont even talk about the DS, they say your a homo for brining it to school..Completely oppisite for the psp though)

You're right....you should have stopped posting.

Moneybags said:
It's alright to play but it just looks so bad on my TV(40" Bravia). I just bought component cables(480p) to help it look better but it makes almost no difference. Is there a reason it looks so bad on my TV?

480 tv looks great
720 tv looks good
1080 tv looks eh
2160 tv crap

The bigger your tv the worse it looks so stand back furhther

Also love your sig

ioi + 1