By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony has averaged 115 million console sales per gen

Soon to be below 100m.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
vivster said:
MoHasanie said:
Its a great achievement but that means 2/3 of their consoles were below the average.

Currently 3 of 4^^

Just wait my friend, just wait...

Sony definitely has a standout record. Literally the best console record.

Teeqoz said:
2008ProchargedGT said:
fory77 said:
And all of this happened because of a stupid mistake Nintendo made.

Can you elaborate?  I think I know what you are talking about but would love to "hear" how Nintendo shaped the future of the gaming industry in the 90s

I don't remember the exact details, but it was either that Sony and Nintendo were going to collaborate on a console, or it was that Sony was going to make a disc based extension. One of those two. However, Nintendo refused, and Sony then went on and launched the PS1 alone.

Edit: dammit, ninja'd

Yep thought thats what he was talking about. Thank you also Bubblegamer the non moderator mediator lol

MoHasanie said:
Its a great achievement but that means 2/3 of their consoles were below the average.

Yeah, they should've been able to get all 3 of their consoles above the average

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Around the Network
Ninsect said:
MoHasanie said:

Lol math is hard

When you're the gold standard of the gaming industry you can expect figures like this. With the PS4 that average will likely go up a little.

Ninsect said:
MoHasanie said:

Calculating an average from just 3 consoles is a bit pointless especially when you have one console which is just 30m of being larger than the other 2 combined. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Amazing sales considering the lifetime sales of all other consoles. It will be interesting to see whether the PS4 raises or lowers this number.

Teeqoz said:
ExplodingBlock said:
They also lose billions every year
Just let that sink in for a second

Wow, that was so off-topic it amazes me.

is it? if we are going to analyze a company and how well they can push consoles one would think the money the company generates from said consoles would be linked together. of course since sony bleeds money every month i can see why certain individuals would rather not bring it up. then again on these boards I can barely keep up with how much nonsense it talked about.