By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Pachter: Xbox One outsold PS4 in September..... (Not A Fact)

MB1025 said:
Regardless if he is right or wrong I find it funny that people quote the VGC numbers as proof when they spend every other day complaining about how "off" they are all the time.

I find it funny that the same people who blast those for questioning numbers do the same when it isn't favorable for their console, like when it was obvious that the 360 was undertracked.  And no one in here is saying that VGC numbers are 100%, but that they are usually not too far off weekly/monthly, even more so recently.  Yes, this can add up over the weeks/months to where we have a console undertracked by 100K+ WW, especially when that console is selling well in regions that are harder to track, but I highly doubt VGC is off by that much in the US for just one month. 

Even looking at something like Amazon's Bestsellers for Sept, as well as casually keeping track of bestsellers (I believe these are hourly) on Gamestop's and Best Buy's websites, it's pretty easy to see his prediction is pure BS.  I'm just surprised this man has been able to trick investors that he actually knows something about gaming for this long.

Around the Network

thismeintiel said:

I find it funny that the same people who blast those for questioning numbers do the same when it isn't favorable for their console, like when it was obvious that the 360 was undertracked.  And no one in here is saying that VGC numbers are 100%, but that they are usually not too far off weekly/monthly, even more so recently.  Yes, this can add up over the weeks/months to where we have a console undertracked by 100K+ WW, especially when that console is selling well in regions that are harder to track, but I highly doubt VGC is off by that much in the US for just one month.

Even looking at something like Amazon's Bestsellers for Sept, as well as casually keeping track of bestsellers (I believe these are hourly) on Gamestop's and Best Buy's websites, it's pretty easy to see his prediction is pure BS.  I'm just surprised this man has been able to trick investors that he actually knows something about gaming for this long.

He has a successful business.

If that's true VGChartz undertracked xbone by 120k and overtracked PS4 by 97k

Don't copy random editorials.

Conegamer said:
Well either way, that's a 75k predicted difference. Even Patcher can't be that wrong, can he?

If theres one thing we can be sure about, its that Pachter is consistently wrong.

Current Game Machines: 3DS, Wii U, PC.

Currently Playing: X-Com(PC), Smash Bros(WiiU), Banner Saga(PC), Guild Wars 2(PC), Project X Zone(3DS), Luigis Mansion 2(3DS), DayZ(PC)

DJEVOLVE said:
sully1311 said:
DJEVOLVE said:
sully1311 said:
Mods, ban me for a month if Xbox One outsells PS4 for September NPD's.

You do know after saying this Pachter will actually be right. The only time in history this guy is right is when you make a comment like this. LOL

If he's right, I'll be banned for a month. I've got a life, I'm not going to cry myself to sleep. I just don't see it happening.

Not saying you  don't have a life just would totally be ironic. lOL 

this is very not likely, I'm a XBox fan but I highly doubt he is right. Maybe we might see some winning weeks but who knows, either way sales are not as bad as everyone likes to make them out to be. A bad start but I think MS has got some great games and this is the reason to game, for the games.

Oh no, I think the One has done very well this month, jus the ps4 will be a lot better

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
Well either way, that's a 75k predicted difference. Even Patcher can't be that wrong, can he?

Remember who were talking about.

crissindahouse said:
I also want to make so much money without knowing much about what I talk about. If he just would think some hours about all the stuff which happened in September he would probably realize that Ps4 sales (Destiny, white console and other stuff?) should be much better.

If he is right I accept that I was stupid when I wrote this.

more like 5 minutes,

Destiny, NFL, FIfa, Shadow of Mordor, Forza released in september. MS had a free game promotion and the white PS4 Destiny bundle launched. thats the biggest things you need to consider that happened this month in the USA. and add to that that in september sales start to go up from August. 

this is why i love pachter.

Incredible prediction.

He is expecting PS4's average to go up 3k a week from last month, despite Madden, 3 months worth of Destiny preorders, that on Amazon has been above any Xbox sku every hour since it was announced, a big marketing campaign for the biggest game of the year so far and the fact that September is always bigger than August anyway.

I think he is at least under-predicting PS4 by 100k

tbone51 said:

The Xbox One sold better than the PlayStation 4 in September, according to Wedbush Morgan analyst Michael Pachter. He is estimating that Microsoft sold 325,000 new Xbox Ones at U.S. retailers last month while Sony sold 250,000 PS4s. This is notable because Sony’s system has sold better than Microsoft’s in nearly every month since each gaming device launched in November. September is also when Activision launched its blockbuster sci-fi shooter Destiny, which Sony helped market as a PS4 game even though it is also available on Xbox One and the older systems. Both corporations are locked in a battle in the console-gaming sector, which is worth billions of dollars in the U.S. alone.

“We expect Xbox One sales to exceed those of the PS4 for only the second month since launch,” Pachter said in a note to investors.

http://venturebeat.com/2014/10/13/xbox-one-outsold-ps4/

These Wedbush numbers are just a prediction, and we should learn if they are accurate this Thursday when industry-tracking firm The NPD Group reveals its sales data for the month of September.

LOL !

I have a friend, he is an analyst, and he's estimating that WiiU sold more than PS4 and XBone in NA in September....

NPD figures will be shown very soon.  PS4 on Top again.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.